Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.07 Released  (Read 59428 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.07 Released
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 01:16:07 pm »

Can saves from 06 be used with 07?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2018, 01:33:50 pm »

Yes, but not the other way around.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2018, 01:38:00 pm »

Ah, excellent. Thank you.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2018, 04:59:31 am »

Hmm. Seems like militia who die on raids remain lurking in the military schedule if you have schedule orders which select squad members. Seems to deactivate the ability to set an alert too. Placing a new dorf in the dead guys slot solves the issue. But I guess there may be deeper implications.

Will try to recreate over the weekend. Traversing the military screen feels like walking on eggshells at the best of times so I think it's best to take my time working out what's going on.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2018, 09:37:42 pm »

Here's an attempt at fixing the linux freeze:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/df_44_07_linux_test.tar.bz2

Worked for the save I checked, and the fix kind-of makes sense, though something must have happened in optimization for the code to become freeze-causing.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2018, 10:30:22 am »

Hmm. Something that might be relevant for army stuff, Fantastic and I have been having a hell of a time testing this bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10312

So far it seems that a civ only ever seems capable of sending a single army out at one time, which would contribute to the generally inconsistent nature of a hostile civ's response time. Problem is this thing is a giant pain in the ass to confirm, only disprove via seeing a confirmed case of a civ sending out more than one army at the same time, in the current version.

Which so far I haven't seen.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2018, 12:02:12 pm »

It may be additionally contrary to whatever changes happened between 43.05 when the bug was originally listed and the artifact and subsequent raid release with the introduction of tactics, but those are additional factors i guess that would need to be accounted for with cross version tests to see if factors like generals possessing the highest level of tactics play a part for the more relevant requirements to outsmart a opponent and draw higher odds in the civs favor.

Chaosvolt's latest entry was from a modded 44.07 game for reference though they didn't mention that on their note.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2018, 12:58:25 pm »

Chaosvolt's latest entry was from a modded 44.07 game for reference though they didn't mention that on their note.

Note that these were with raw-defined versions of lords given MILITARY_STRATEGY that seems to suggest your edited info isn't correct. ._.

That was mentioning that yes, I modded the raws to test something. Namely testing one proposed solution.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2018, 08:09:19 pm »

Worked for the save I checked, and the fix kind-of makes sense, though something must have happened in optimization for the code to become freeze-causing.

Thank you, the fix worked great and the game does not crash anymore  :)

SeeSchloss

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2018, 02:52:57 am »

In my save, the freeze has been replaced with a crash at about the same moment. However there is a raid ongoing, so maybe whatever caused the freeze has been fixed, but the raid-related crash happens to happen just after that?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2018, 12:39:40 pm »

It is quite possible, especially since the freeze was raid-related (not necessarily player raids, which is why it was happening to everybody.)  If your save's on a bug report/DFFD, I can take a look at it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 04:57:52 pm »

Hmm. Something that might be relevant for army stuff, Fantastic and I have been having a hell of a time testing this bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10312

So far it seems that a civ only ever seems capable of sending a single army out at one time, which would contribute to the generally inconsistent nature of a hostile civ's response time. Problem is this thing is a giant pain in the ass to confirm, only disprove via seeing a confirmed case of a civ sending out more than one army at the same time, in the current version.

Which so far I haven't seen.

This, is a scary one. Does it relate at all to the "sieges milling around outside for too long" bug?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2018, 06:48:41 pm »

This, is a scary one. Does it relate at all to the "sieges milling around outside for too long" bug?

The actual behaviour in which they do that non-aggressively was fixed in 44.07 i think (leading to a funny siege where they'd arrive and run back out again), but nobody would know if there was a relation or not for certain without more backing evidence.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2018, 10:10:33 pm »

The actual behaviour in which they do that non-aggressively was fixed in 44.07 i think (leading to a funny siege where they'd arrive and run back out again), but nobody would know if there was a relation or not for certain without more backing evidence.
Yeah, that seems to be fixed now. Lost a couple of fortresses when an ambush was (correctly) followed by a rush for the front gate.
Note to self: Prioritize patrols, hunters and early warning system pastures...
Pages: 1 2 [3]