Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: worldgen issues 44.06  (Read 1486 times)

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
worldgen issues 44.06
« on: March 12, 2018, 10:19:10 am »

yes, should maybe be a bug thread, but I'm not confident enough it's not world settings (though I've tried a few) or just some incompatibility somewhere.

with that out of the way, I've found it very difficult to generate a world with any history length at all (some crashed at year 380). at some point it'll crash. (and not in a 'stopped responding, do you want to wait' kind of way, which I'd understand, but giving me no option but to close the game. (dwarf fortress has stopped working).

so far it's happened with default profiles and custom ones, and seemingly at random. (same profile might crash on year 900 one time, year 380 the next, and year 571 after that). anyone else having this issue?

for completeness' sake, this is all that pops up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl10fslw472jci5/Screenshot%202018-03-12%2016.35.53.png?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:38:11 am by Carch »
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: worldgen issues 44.06
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 11:02:04 am »

If there's a bug, it's natural it would appear at different times in the world gen unless you use the same seeds. With the same seeds it should crash at the same place every time unless it's a matter of using "random" memory, in which case it might only be detected some times, but not others.

Also, it helps to specify the OS, OS version, and DF version (i.e. 32/64 bits, SDL, etc.).

Regardless, it's a bug somewhere, as DF shouldn't crash...

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 09:25:18 pm »

Happened to me on half of my worldgens with this release (2 out of 4), usually around year 220 or so. Windows 10, 64-bit df, default settings, no mods. I don't generate long histories because it takes too long.

CrazyCatologist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 04:32:28 am »

Happens to me all the time atm. And I don't even get a crash notification, the application just closes. With a very big world it's always around year ~350, always when history generation is already pretty time-consuming and generating a year takes already a minute.

Win10 Pro, DF 44.07 64Bit.