Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evolution [SG]  (Read 792 times)

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Evolution [SG]
« on: March 11, 2018, 10:15:43 pm »

You awake. You know what you are. You know why you are. You know where you are.

You are a spirit of life. You must nourish life into it's full potential. You are on a dead planet. Or at least, dead until just now. The first organic cell has formed in the primordial soup. It is simple, and will not be able to spread. You must fix that.

Species:
   Proto-life: Size:0, Complexity:0, Rate of spread:0. Special traits: Autotroph(consumes naturally occurring chemicals/light. No need to consume other life, but fixed pop cap for all Autotrophs). Population: 1

Energy: 5/5
Abilities: Grant trait(Give description of trait in post, Cost varies. Available traits: Autotroph(Costs 3) Heterotroph(costs 2)). Increase Size(Improves survivability, increases food demands. Cost: 1+current Size^2) Increase Complexity (Increases chance of random mutation. 1+current Complexity^2) Increase Rate of spread (Higher population increase per turn, may outstrip food supply. 1+current RoS^2)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:24:16 pm by HugeNerdAndProudOfIt »
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution [SG]
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 10:18:35 pm »

Sorry about that. Increase complexity.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:28:08 pm by TheRedwolf »

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 10:24:56 pm »

Evolve mitosis
sorry, accidentally posted before completion

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 11:35:19 pm »

Quick question: can we do multiple things if we have sufficient energy? Also I'll vote for increasing complexity as well.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 11:43:50 pm »

Increase population growth per turn.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 02:49:16 am »

Increase population growth per turn.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 07:33:26 am »

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 10:22:22 am »

yes you can do multiple things.

Focusing your will, you increase the creature's complexity and rate of multiplication
species:
   Proto-life: Size:0, Complexity:1, Rate of spread:1. Special traits: Autotroph(consumes naturally occurring chemicals/light. No need to consume other life, but fixed pop cap for all Autotrophs). Population: 2
Energy: 4/5
Abilities: Grant trait(Give description of trait in post, Cost varies. Available traits: Autotroph(Costs 3) Heterotroph(costs 2)). Increase Size(Improves survivability, increases food demands. Cost: 1+current Size^2) Increase Complexity (Increases chance of random mutation. 1+current Complexity^2) Increase Rate of spread (Higher population increase per turn, may outstrip food supply. 1+current RoS^2)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 01:08:07 pm »

Increase Complexity
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 01:33:43 pm »

You increase the complexity of your creation further.
species:
   Proto-life: Size:0, Complexity:2, Rate of spread:1. Special traits: Autotroph(consumes naturally occurring chemicals/light. No need to consume other life, but fixed pop cap for all Autotrophs). Population: 3
Energy: 3/5