Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Igynpadca REBOOTED  (Read 1867 times)

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Igynpadca REBOOTED
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:26:23 pm »

Hey. I am a real fan of Igynpadica, and play for 2+ hours every day. However, I have a problem. How can I effectively recharge my Jade Scepter when playing as a non-earthkin race? I know that Chromatic Butterflies can recharge it, but I won't have access to that area for another 5 race levels, and 3 class levels.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca REBOOTED
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 02:21:41 am »

Igynpadica is the the best cult game in my opinion. The way that is blends together fantasy with social issues, humor, and story telling is quite amazing. Buuuuut, what really bothers me is the distinct number of jackalopes after unlocking the See What's Not There trait upon the completion of the Unexistant Cavern. It's one time the story fell short.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 04:00:01 am »

I think the jackalopes are explained the third time you fight the ice gargoyles. I've never got that far down Hendrick the Modest's questline though.

Where do I find a sixth Rotted Spidermass Log to upgrade the Toxic Lichen Spear to +4? I'm grinding in the Swamp Memory area but can never travel back in time far enough to get to the Time of Spiders.
One wheel short of a wagon

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 04:13:38 am »

I think the jackalopes are explained the third time you fight the ice gargoyles. I've never got that far down Hendrick the Modest's questline though.

Where do I find a sixth Rotted Spidermass Log to upgrade the Toxic Lichen Spear to +4? I'm grinding in the Swamp Memory area but can never travel back in time far enough to get to the Time of Spiders.

I don't really want to spoil it for you, and I will put it in vague terms, but if you are stuck click the spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Been playing for a while off and on but never saw this thread over here on bay12, glad to talk about this fine game.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 07:25:04 am »

Aw nuts, I didn't know they remastered Igynpadca! Anyone notice any major changes?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 07:52:09 am »

I am stuck on the first star section, how do I solve the elephent riddle,the laser can't get to him.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 09:47:28 am »

I am stuck on the first star section, how do I solve the elephent riddle,the laser can't get to him.
You have to gather crystal sand and take it to the sun forge to craft a simple lens.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 12:00:12 pm »

No no no. Do NOT craft a simple lens! HugeNerdAndProudOfIt is trolling you, literally. If you craft a simple lens out of the crystal sand in the star section using the sun forge and deliver it to the Celestial Elephant as the answer to his riddle, he will become enraged at your bad pun and turn you into a troll! And the only way to undo it is the dreadfully long and boring, yet surprising difficult, Humanization Banana questline.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 12:18:00 pm »

Yeah, you're much better off just talking to the Mosquito Merchant on Drizlin Three, just outside the last bossroom. He sells Elephant-eating mosquitos. It doesn't make much sense from a lore perspective, but they patched it in after the Elephant spoke nothing but Paraguayan for 30% players outside the EU.

Aw nuts, I didn't know they remastered Igynpadca! Anyone notice any major changes?
Yeah, the Arthiritic Swamp Guardian hitboxes are much better. Now any part of them touching you deals damage during the attack animation, instead of five seconds before the actual attack, two metres to the left like it used to be. Haven't noticed many gameplay changes, but I just ran through this area first time I played. Must say that the remaster is definitely prettier.
One wheel short of a wagon

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 12:58:26 pm »

Ah, it's back! I must download again. Has the launcher changed much?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 01:01:22 pm »

No no no. Do NOT craft a simple lens! HugeNerdAndProudOfIt is trolling you, literally. If you craft a simple lens out of the crystal sand in the star section using the sun forge and deliver it to the Celestial Elephant as the answer to his riddle, he will become enraged at your bad pun and turn you into a troll! And the only way to undo it is the dreadfully long and boring, yet surprising difficult, Humanization Banana questline.
Yes, but if you are a troll, you get intrinsic level 5 regeneration, +100 to stealth when under bridges, and the final boss of chapter 7.4 is peaceful and gives you an amazing amulet of the planes.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018, 01:24:32 pm »

Fun Fact: It's not listed in the tooltip, but thanks to the stealth bonus Trolls get to use just about any bridge as an impromptu campsite. This includes the labyrinth in the Canyons of Carnagevoria: if you do get turned into a troll and you haven't finished looting all the dead ends in that area, it saves a TON of time vs. running back and forth to Jorgenhammer Falls. Of course you pay the price with quadruple damage taken from Goats, but as long as you don't let yourself get surrounded you can mostly dodge their charge attack.

But my favorite monster class to play was when I unlocked the Honeybee Archer in the original version because if you did it right you could upgrade to Killer Bee Ninja, it was a lot of fun using the poison strike and then hiding/dodging until anything I wanted dead just keeled over. Is that still available because I can't find the quest that starts the chain?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018, 01:26:49 pm »

Unbelievable! I can't fathom why they got rid of the pinball mini-game in Duke & Thane's Tavern and replaced it with...pachinko?!?
What were they thinking?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 01:31:39 pm »

Unbelievable! I can't fathom why they got rid of the pinball mini-game in Duke & Thane's Tavern and replaced it with...pachinko?!?
What were they thinking?
Maybe they push harder on the themme of created by luck on the first few planets, It also shows up when they deleted the cheating option from the stat generator for the shoes
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 02:13:42 pm »

Help! I upgraded my stone generator to a crystal cannon, but now I cant build any honey walls. Does anyone now why that is?
Pages: [1] 2 3