Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Igynpadca REBOOTED  (Read 1919 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca REBOOTED
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 03:00:50 pm »

You probably are able to construct those honey walls, but it's entirely possible you're dealing with and InvisiBear infestation. Those consume honewalls before you'll even be able to detect them. I recommend using loud noises to fend them off.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 03:37:15 pm »

Another potential issue is that your Invention tree isn't developed enough yet. As you approach the space stage, you have to fill in gaps between your items abilities by using invention skills to repurpose them. It's entirely possible you have a coverage gap.

Set up some loudspeakers just in case.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 03:55:49 pm »

Did they change the Mad Monk Chutoro boss fight? The old tried and true method used to be spamming Sonic Blast at him after stunning him with the gongs around the area, but the remake removed the gongs for some reason.

What do I do now?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 04:01:13 pm »

Hmm. If I remember correctly, now you have to reflect his attacks with Sonic blasts into the newly added sheet metal walls to make gongs where he is. It's a bit less spammy, but more fun.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 10:34:26 pm »

I have a bit of a funny question about the Black Casket from the second vampire lair. After defeating Nosferatu's twin, I identified the coffin that he slept in and found that it could actually outperform my hammer if I wield it as a weapon. So I've been doing that. The problem is that the Black Casket automatically curses itself two or three times per in game day. Is there a convenient way to get it uncursed that doesn't rely on me being in a specific area? I've been using holy water for that, but the phials I carry the water in keep breaking when I get hit and scrolls of remove curse are too expensive to be practical for me at this point.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 10:36:37 pm »

Eh. The best you could do at this stage, beyond changing over to one of the holy/unholy races, is change out one of your amulet slots for an item of remove curse. It'll cost a lot- far more than four Grenlord amulets- but is far better economically than the remove curse scrolls.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 12:22:44 am »

Did they changed how you get the eldritch armor? You used to get it by making a scrifise from a hidden spot in the maze and scrifising it for the god of knowlage in the last room of the wrong house,but I can find the scrifse
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 03:00:20 am »

Ah, no, this time you have to kill the God of Knowlage (NOT Knowledge, the one they added in the Sepsis DLC), who transforms into a bird. Follow the bird to a mountain, where it tries to drink from a stream. Poison the stream, the bird dies, a fish flies out of its body. Follow it downriver, catch it in a pool with any unupgraded spear, and follow the squirrel that emerges from the fish's belly to its burrow in a a tree trunk. The scrifise is two hundred feet due north of the tree.

Then you just ressurect the god the usual way, and proceed as normal. It's more time-consuming, but worth it, as the Eldritch Armour has +347.2 Frost Resistance rather than +344.1, making it the best armour in the game for that element.
One wheel short of a wagon

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2018, 01:54:57 pm »

One thing that's important to remember is that many races have special attributes. Pixies can fit into tiny spaces and can see the pixie cities hidden throughout the world (if you haven't been to the one in the Mentwah Tavern's rafters, I highly recommend it). Golems and other natural spirits can blend into any natural area and gain a 70% increase to stealth checks there. Boarpeople (not to be confused with orcs, stop being racist) have the nicest butts in the game and gain an extra roll on suduction checks. As well as gain a buff called "Delicious Smell" upon taking fire damage. And don't even get me started on the major classes, ugh.

Other races have racial disadvantages too. Elves cannot digest meat unless they had a conversation with the victim before killing it (which ironically makes them the best pick for the cannibal class). Another interesting disadvantage is the way some humans gain "Fact Immunity" seemingly randomly. It's an interesting debuff that causes them to disregard simple facts, historical evidence, and science of all kinds.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 02:23:30 pm »

So what class is everyone playing? I've been trying my hand at Ghostmaster, but micro managing all those spooks doesn't feel worth it given their low damage output
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 02:34:32 pm »

Right now I'm playing a Slimeperson Stabwraith with the Clawmaster starting Perk. I've been having a lot of fun killing enemies with my Bear Hands.

Stabwraiths have nice DPS but low range, and are a bit fragile. Still, having edged weapons pass through you makes up for that.
One wheel short of a wagon

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2018, 02:49:59 pm »

So what class is everyone playing? I've been trying my hand at Ghostmaster, but micro managing all those spooks doesn't feel worth it given their low damage output
You can get the damage of spooks much higher if you keep the emulet from the first zone.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 05:25:03 pm »

I'm playing as one of the "secret" classes: The Rock. See, most people agree it's not a class, as you can't access it through the class selection menu or through any class quests. However, its raw defensive stats, as well as its extreme stealth abilities, and ability to fast fall, make it a highly competitive class in some situations. Idk, its got some really dumb gameplay, but I enjoy it.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2018, 05:29:07 pm »

Really? Another Rock player?

I see them all the time and they're way too OP. The fact that they can knock you out in one hit just by falling from a high location (and you can't even see them until they hit you because of stealth!) is unbalanced. I can't wait until they're nerfed.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2018, 05:32:24 pm »

I'm a quasi-fire, demi-air, quasi-water elemental spy/cultist. It's rather simple, but provides +234 to effective apple damage, thanks to access to all of the apple-based skills. Between that and my sling of Hasted speed, my DPS is through the roof against all bosses but the Grand Apple Golem.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.
Pages: 1 [2] 3