Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

Merperson adventurer?

<< < (2/12) > >>

rhavviepoodle:
I have made at least one fort in/under a lake, but I might go ahead and drum up a coastal fort to do some !science! over break. Most lake forts, you want to be airtight. This one, I suppose is going to be at least half submerged. Since the current map I'm playing on doesn't have a good ocean, I'll probably tweak the raws for obligatory merperson vampire science, as well.

bloop_bleep:

--- Quote from: rhavviepoodle on March 15, 2018, 04:16:13 am ---I have made at least one fort in/under a lake, but I might go ahead and drum up a coastal fort to do some !science! over break. Most lake forts, you want to be airtight. This one, I suppose is going to be at least half submerged. Since the current map I'm playing on doesn't have a good ocean, I'll probably tweak the raws for obligatory merperson vampire science, as well.

--- End quote ---

Make sure to make an underwater temple and bodyswap with the first merperson that wanders onto the map, so you can go into the temple and become a vampire.  :D

rhavviepoodle:
Mostly just wanted to add another thought that's been rolling around in my head. I've read that at some point there will be half-breeds, and I would eventually enjoy constructing an Innsmouth-style fort full of merperson/dwarf hybrids. Of course, hopefully by then gods have been a bit fleshed out and it'll be possible to construct proper temples to something akin to an elder thing, or perhaps the addition of a sacrifice mechanic. I'm sure most of this would already be done through modding and roleplay, but I am a sucker for vanilla.

HotDiggityDog:

--- Quote from: rhavviepoodle on March 16, 2018, 05:56:50 am ---Mostly just wanted to add another thought that's been rolling around in my head. I've read that at some point there will be half-breeds, and I would eventually enjoy constructing an Innsmouth-style fort full of merperson/dwarf hybrids. Of course, hopefully by then gods have been a bit fleshed out and it'll be possible to construct proper temples to something akin to an elder thing, or perhaps the addition of a sacrifice mechanic. I'm sure most of this would already be done through modding and roleplay, but I am a sucker for vanilla.

--- End quote ---
Where did you read that? Half-breeds are an insanely complicated thing to manage under the Dwarf Fortress engine, and are a TREMENDOUS ways off.

rhavviepoodle:
I believe this was the thread I remember seeing it be discussed on, but it was some time back and I'm guessing there are more threads than just the one. I do recall hearing that at least one of the three-toe stories involves a half-elf of some stripe, and I don't see why such a character would be included unless it was intended for the mechanic to be included in the game eventually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version