Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is a Borush?  (Read 1517 times)

Belerad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
What is a Borush?
« on: March 12, 2018, 04:39:01 am »

My dwarfen Child was taken by a mood and claimed a workshop to surprise me with a gabbro borush. So,... i am not an english native and also google translate or google itself did not help me in any way to find a answer to my question. What has my dwarven Child created in his delusional state?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: What is a Borush?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 05:07:48 am »

It's a randomly generated musical instrument.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 10:51:28 pm »

You can check the description of artifacts with 'L' (vanilla keys, caps required).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 12:41:48 am »

This. The names are generated to sound kinda like the language of the civilization that creates them, borush is kinda a dwarven-sounding name. Theyre total nonsense though, so you can always tell that way if its probably an instrument.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 03:23:12 pm »

This. The names are generated to sound kinda like the language of the civilization that creates them, borush is kinda a dwarven-sounding name. Theyre total nonsense though, so you can always tell that way if its probably an instrument.
They're actually taken from the language itself, though I don't think there's much rhyme or reason behind what words are chosen yet (borush for instance means "rake").
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 05:54:39 am »

They're actually taken from the language itself, though I don't think there's much rhyme or reason behind what words are chosen yet (borush for instance means "rake").

I guess it's not too much of a stretch to imagine they're nicknames, like how you can call an electric guitar an "axe".