Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do Changes Added to creature_standard Post Worldgen Take Affect?  (Read 576 times)

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a human fortress going currently, but there's a severe lack of strange moods. So, I took it upon myself to add the [STRANGE_MOOD] tag to humans in the creature_standard text file. Since moody citizens are a random-ish occurrence, I have no way to tell if it's working or not (unless it happens). Will moods occur, or do I need to generate a whole new world?

Thanks.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
Re: Do Changes Added to creature_standard Post Worldgen Take Affect?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 06:02:16 am »

From what I remember about modding, yes that should work (provided you're changing the creature_standard in the world's raw file)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 09:39:51 am »

Some do, some don't. It's very spotty.

One I can confirm is that adding [AQUATIC] to a creature and loading your save will see said creature air-drown. Quite tragic, really.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 05:57:20 pm »

I believe anything that would ALTER the behavior of the creature will not take effect (Personalilty, Physical Attributes, Castes, Materials/Tissues (as they need to be loaded before worldgen))

But a vast majority of changes will take effect, you can fully heal a race of creatures by adding an extra part, loading the game which will give them a whole new body, removing the part and loading again.

I don't believe breeding changes take effect as they are behavior as well (Live birth to laying eggs)