Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Xarit's experiments on wormhole habitation for frigates (EVE Online stuff)  (Read 22204 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i wont probably see those until i go omega.

ok got to put the next building order for blueprints before closing, made some missions in the interludes but made the mistake of taking a mission chain that fucked my standings with Minmatar (almost -1) oh boy. well there's a way around that but it would be a huge grind to fix (i think).

getting slowly to that 1.0 standing with caldari navy, perhaps i should use that circle agent or whatever it is from those standing guides, just to see how much does it get pumped. there was  also a mission in low sec but couldnt decline so i took the challenge of going there, turns out that at least on this time zone, Black Rise low sec is pretty dead.

and well that's all for now. hopefully tomorrow i'll get that contract taken to, gonna see if i can buy another accelerator, perhaps the 700 points reward from the current event so i can put those skills to level up for up to 3 days, just in case. but first i need the money.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once every 6 months (or three? Can't remember) the sisters-arc can be done to fix some standings. It is a pain though, and some derived standings can only be improved by shitting on other standings I think. Ammatar don't like me very much, and I think I can only raise it by doing missions that then reduce standing for Minmatar and so on.

And yes, those fittings are only for omega pilots because AWU 5 is I think.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 05:14:14 am by Rince Wind »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

6 months? it wasnt 3 months? damn, i thought i could get increased standing with each empire by grinding the chain everynow and then.

im technically doing it but i dont have the skills to kill Dagan (yet), perhaps once i've finished with rockets i'll inject Caldari Destroyer in order to bring a Corax or something to finish the arc. there's no expiration date for the offer so its just there while i do other stuff.

as for today:

it seems the contract was fulfilled overnight. logged in to find everything had arrived safely to the station, checked the contents of the ships, which could be repackaged and which couldnt. saved the special edition stuff in the collectives container and then sold all the mission loot and LP rewards to get back to the 80 million mark.

as i cant only make 1 contract, i had to take all the rigged ships into the same basket, im not sure if i got the price right but 200 million for an L3 Gnosis, a faction fitted Maller for WHs and a tanked Venture should be cheap and enticing enough to buy it at that price.

i also put the next batch of blueprints to work and used the 3rd SP injection to maximize the avaliable scanning skills with some leftover to add another level in cybernetics, would like to get tose +5% combat implants for the empire clone, it would just need to gather the LP for it. also put 2 levels of the missing missile skills in the queue, the only thing i forgot is to buy the accelerator, but its better if i wait as the price may go down as the event advances.

i'll return later to go for more mission running or something. 

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I said it might be 3 months, I honestly can't remember.

I have a Dramiel for that chain, quick, warps quickly for those endless travelling quests and has no problem killing anthing with my skills. The shield repper is hardly ever used. For that one transport quest or whatever I carry a cargo extender, iirc.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the chain was easily done with a shitfit merlin, would probably be easier with current fit, the only issue is having enough DPS to break the final boss, well that, and the other BC that keeps neuting you while repping itself, guess using a Kestrel would be better in that case.

UPDATE:

welp, those ships didnt get sold, even in Jita. so instead is tripped the gnosis and the maller and repackaged them, the Venture was fitted for casual mining and has T2 modules so i dont see why wasting them when it could help me on Resource Wars or something, if i modify it enough.

the Maller was sold, and i kept the Gnosis (3 in total). i wonder if Alphas will receive the Praxis for the aniversary, but i doubt it. anyways, the wallet jumped from selling the L3 and WH modules to a total of 130-140 million, enough to uy at least 2 more injectors or some accelerators, will have to wait before spending on anything.

so for now im just heading back to the mission hub to keep grinding those standings.

UPDATE2:

im getting close to maxing standings with the L1 agent, and i also got past 1.0 standing with Caldari Navy. i havent really delved in the workings of standing increase but i guess that its easier to fill it when the agent has high standings with you (well, it would be the most logical thing).

im also getting close to finish the ammo blueprints, just need to fill those 390 orders of scourge rockets (or was it light missiles? cant remember), then there's also ships. the best part of having old career BPCs is that some of them have higher ME and TE so you can at least save a bit of profit on using them compared to the latest versions.

i also put a market order for 2 of the 700 points accelerators in order to keep speeding the skilltraining. its way better to invest into getting extra attributes than raw SP for those last skills, and may come handy when i'll have to skill up the Engineering, Shield and Armor skills.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 12:51:19 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, the 54 million orders in the market worked, there were 2 of those extended accelerators in the hangar today. with Biology 3 each boost gives up to 115 hours of shortened skill training. the 4th alpha didnt allow me to level much, but got to max cybernetics thus i can use the 5% combat implants for extra performance in PvE, also got to level mechanics to 3 and added repair systems. im gonna need to level armor anyways since im gonna need a good armor repairer in the WHs. also added some levels in propulsion jamming, as they reduce the amount of cap consumed by stuff like scrams, webs and long points.

still no 1 million SP, so i guess it will be possible to level all the fields avaliable for alpha, just need to focus on the most critical stuff first before growing to bigger vessels or train other faction ships and weapons.

there was still 6 hours remaining in the current manufacturin job so i moved to the hub and kept grinding those L1s. agent standings has gone beyon 8 and corp standing is getting close to 1.5, its progressing quite fast compared to some days ago. im sitting beyond 5000 LP now but there's not much to buy right now and i was saving the points to buy the implants. had to stop due to empire related missions so will have to return in 4 hours or so.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Playing again as well, if you want to do some stuff together hit me up.
Rince Aumer

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that's cool, allthought i prefer to play solo.

Rockets IV has been trained, getting close to maxing alpha missile skills actually. the Condor marks 50 DPS with the proper ammo and without rigs or mods, wich i guess its expected since there a bit more of damage bonuses that havent been obtained, and havent added the specialization skill. swapping to T2 later on with rage should up it close to the mark i want.

until shield tanking skills are improved most of the equipment is centerd around tanking, perhaps there will be some place for a WCC or BCU later in the fit, if im not obligued to swap for a Kestrel or a Corax. the Merlin has basically the same dps due to the gatling rails and low gunnery skills, it shoud probably provide more but its a mission boat, a Cormorant could be a good option, it has an utility high too, but i'd rather go for missiles due to aplication.

maybe analyze some fits in Osmium to check. as for missioning, havent done much, gonna resume tomorrow after injecting if i dont get distracted by some RL stuff.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

new day, new injector. got to add some levels to engineering skills and some reprocessing, got to add Anchoring for using deployables and also injected Jury Rigging for unlocking the proper rigging skills. the only skill in the queue is Missile Launcher Operation V, once its finished im gonna add Rockets V, the other missile skills require less time so im going to let them in standby while i train to get those T2 missiles and launchers.

if needed i may invest the last injectors to reduce the amount of days remaining, but i'd rather use it to compensate and skill what is missing. the ammo manufactiring has been finished and now im moving onto the ship BPCs, really sad that even with the ME and TE efficiency you cant get to compensate the material costs with the ships as it seems that they sell for less than what they cost to manufacture. anyways, this is just to get rid of the things and contract selling didnt work even with cheap stuff so its better to just manufacture and sell.

currently moving to the mission hub to continue the standing grind. i forgot to make the analysis regarding Destroyers for C1 farming, should figure out something today.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Production is a market where you compete with people who have perfect skills.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah, but it was the only option to put those blueprints for use. got a faction related mission so have to wit some hours in order to decline it without loosing standings. in the meantime, i've tried analyzing possible Destroyer fits for C1s:

[Cormorant, Unnamed loadout]

Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Light Neutron Blaster II, Null S
Core Probe Launcher I, Core Scanner Probe I

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Purger I
Small Core Defense Field Purger I

Cormorant has a thing in which it has an utility high that allows to put the probe launcher without gimping your damage, Null gives roughly the same damage output of over 200 DPS as regular Antimatter while still having a good range  despite the lesser tracking (over 500 rad/s is still high IMO so it shouldnt fail the hits), it can also get less than 100 DPS with regular iron as tradeoff for more or less the same range and no tracking nerf.

the main difficulty with the Cormorant is its tanking potential. the higher signature radius means it will get hit pretty often by sentries and cruiser spawns, passive tanking it gives over 50 DPS at peak and over 2K hitpoints with enough resistances to survive with a single invul. but this still leaves it with a nimble cap, which means that certain sites will mean warping out as the neuting cannot be mitigated nor there's enough cap to survive by properly managing the modules.

as for the other one

[Corax, Unnamed loadout]

Damage Control II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Small Shield Booster II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Small Cap Battery II

Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Rage Rocket
Core Probe Launcher I, Core Scanner Probe I

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

the Corax doesnt get the same dank damage as the Cormorant due to having to free one launcher slot for the probe launcher and is way slower (like, cruiser lvls of slow). however, the 3 free mids means it can get a pretty decend active shield tank, including the addition of cap battery. the reliable damage aplication and no cap reliance of missiles offsets the lesser damage aplication from focusing the hull into proper perma tank,with the Warhead Catalyst rig given a good damage boost in compensation.

if i were to compare those to what i've used before, i'd say the Cormorant would only serve for mission running (or as in the case of null sec, fleet combat), a Thrasher would be better for this as projectile weapons dont eat cap and it still has the same fitting options with better cap regen, lower sig and better speed.

i've never used a Talwar so i cant say how it would perform, but. it gets a third low which means it can either churn in a Guidance Enhancer/BCU or even go armor tank. the only thing that would be weird on it is not making use of the sig reduction bonus for MWDs. the Corax gets an application bonus instead and can only shield tank, but it more or less gets the same DPS.

UPDATE:

got blocked by another faction mission, so i think im gonna complement this with Distribution missions, there's up to L3 distribution agents for Caldari Navy so i fitted a Tayra and went straight to climb to that standing.

[Tayra, Villiam Kaardanen's Tayra]

IFFA Compact Damage Control
Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Upgraded Thermal Dissipation Amplifier I

'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I
EP-S Gaussian Scoped Mining Laser

Medium Cargohold Optimization I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

yeah its not so fitted for agility but well, even if i didt it its still slow as heck so i'd rather add tank to it, passive tank in this case, and it still has enough cargo to fit even L4s (which are sadly all in lowsec for this corp).

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 08:47:31 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

6th injector used today, got to add some lvls in shield skills to close the gap along with adding jury rigging. the distribution L2s dont give much standing to the agent but corp standing is getting close to 2 and it helps to pass the time when security missions cannot be declined.

im getting close to the 1 mill SP mark, there's still 4 mill open to max what i need, hopefully there will still be space to max gunnery and armor tank to supplement while still having enough to add crosstraining or train for bigger vessels, time will tell.

the second batch of Bantam BPCs have been put to work, still have 1 navitas, 1 burst and 2 tormentor BPCs left to deal with. at least they take less time than ammunition so i should be able to put 2-3 per day, problem is the material costs but i dont want to mine just to save on the manufacturing costs.

im gonna see if i can take the remaining standing by grinding security L1s, im close to getting 10 standing with that bitch but she didnt give me enough space between faction missions to do much yesterday.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

7th injector, upgraded some more additional skills here and there', mostly what i could, gues the last 3 injectors will be spent in compensating other stuff like Drones or Gunnery because there's not much left outside of EWAR or industry related stuff.

im also getting close to finish manufacturing those ships, as for standing grind i've already reached 2.0 standing with CalNavy but have been distractd with other stuff and thus havent done any missions today. gonna leavei t like that for now.

Missile Launcher Operation V is still 3 days off from completion. this would be easier of Alphas could buy the +4 implants, they are expensive but every attribute point counts, the accelerator gives 10 but that's not enough for these lvl V skills, even with remap.

only option to speed things up would be to go Omega but dont have the money (both in game and IRL) to sub just for skill training. oh well.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

only 1 manufacturing order left to finish. the first accelerator has less than 12 hours remaining (probably) so i used today's daily injector to speed it up to 23 hours or less, then added the next one. gonna inject the second accelerator once it has finished, perhaps spend the last remaining injectors to cut 2 days of training.

then it will be just adding rocket specialization and use the queue to level the last points of the missile support skills, there's still a lot of skills to polish before jumping into WHs. Acceleration skills were upped but still has to get some of them to their max locked levels. not to mention the engineering roster with their week long skins, will have to remap again to cut time.

havent done PvE today, perhaps tomorrow.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the final blueprint has been put into motion, should return tot he game in two hours more or less to see how much money i can scratch back from all those ships. the first accelerator ran off overnight probably but i was left with only 33 minutes before finally maxing Missile Launcher Operation. i consumed the second accelerator and spent the next injector to save extra time on the queue so Rockets V finish before the drug runs out.

i'll probably use the last injector for that again, as it would save 2 days of booster that i could use to speed up other skills like shield (just a little bit). just for extra i added some points on Light Missiles to the top of the queue as they dont gimp the learning time for Rockets V. besides, i may need an alternative weaponry just in case, so having the long range option is a must too.

Gunnery will have to wait, as long as i can max out Shield, Engineering, Armor (for the hull and armor reps along with extra buffer in case of danger) and Missiles im more or less done. im already past the 1 million mark and it will probably get another 500K SP just from maxing those others so i dont want to waste much.

then once i've got done with those i'll take a look at Drones or Gunnery, both will probably take a lot of SP to train so have to be carefull.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9