Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Xarit's experiments on wormhole habitation for frigates (EVE Online stuff)  (Read 22182 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

end result of all those BPCs was recovering 7 million or so. doesnt matter to be honest as im still a long way before having the ship suitable for WH dwelling. plenty of time to farm missions or so to recover expenses.

the last injector reduced the training time of Rockets V to 2 days 3 hours (as of now). that should have saved 40% of the skill boost that i can used to complete the support missile skills that require more or less 1 day to finish.

i still have to grind standings but im gettnig busy with some RL stuff so wont have time to play and i need plenty of time to get proper missions so not much to say for now.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

was AFK from the internet due to a change of address. havent checked the game yet but i must have finished learning T2 Rockets or at least the Rockets V i was training, which is nice but still, i lost the bonus of the accelerator, it took too much time to get internet connection in this new house.

better than nothing i guess. besides, i got hype while checking about Abyssal Space. i may want to check that once, as long as i dont die.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yesterday i went and made a rapid check of what i had finished. Rockets V and the other extra stuff i added back then has been finished so i added the next step which was adding the specialization skill along with some application skills that were missing to get maxed.

for the first time since i've started messing with EVE i can say that i have reached T2 in a weapon system. with T2 Rockets avaliable i can now focus on the next step which is remapping again and reaching for the shield and other tank skills in order to prepare for WH diving.

navigation isnt as much needed compared to those. perhaps capacitor but i dont expect to get much issues with that.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

getting close to finish with missiles, just need to level bombardment and rapid launch to 4 while guided missile levels to 3-4 (not sure).

after that im gonna tackle shield skills since they are the most critical right now. of course, there's still the support skills in cap and CPU but i want to be ready to use the following fit seeing as its the most promising for the journey:

[Condor, Unnamed loadout]

Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II

Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Rage Rocket
Core Probe Launcher I, Core Scanner Probe I

Small Core Defense Field Purger I

the Power Diagnostic II is to help fill on that last powergrid requirement, if not, i gotta swap it for a powercore or a reactor unit. but i added it because it also adds a bit of cap and shield regen. having a sig radius of roughly 50 meters isnt an issue taking in account the 40-50 DPS regen (osmium numbers always lie of course since it wont be perfect skills) with the passive tank will allow me to survive the ordeal of running the sites without having to worry about capacitor. passive shield is something i tried on Minmatar but it seems this is much easier with Caldari (kinda obvious but i was hoping to pull active tank with these guys because i like shield boosters and hardeners more than passive regen).

the Kestrel is of course much more potent for this fit but i dont care for the DPS i care for the speed and lowish signature. the Merlin gets a really neat tank too but the damage from rails still makes me doubt (and the fitting makes it you cant use blasters properly without sacrificing a low that could be used for a magstab or tracking enhancer).

either way i focused on rockets so the Merlin is sadly, out of question here. current SP is 1.4 mill and counting, it seems i'll have plenty of leftover SP to invest in hibrids which is nice but i still have to check the SP increase from the support, navigation and tanking skills (not to mention what is left of targeting and electronics).

things are getting ready anyways, if i can properly pull tank i dont have to worry about the rest since i'll be able to run the C1s properly. perhaps even invest on the destroyer skill to upgrade into the Corax or Cormorant, or if there's still SP avaliable to jump into the learning of bigger vessels like the Blaster  Blackbird/Scorp or Naga i wanted to use later on.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 10:52:52 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

seems i can get more out of the Condor with an active tank setup actually, just have to swap a few stuff to get an stable perma-boosting, plus i also get less sig radius penalities. Rapid Launch is the last missile skill remaining in the queue and once it gets below the 24 hour mark im gonna start with the remapping for shield skills.

as far as things go the Condor should be capable already, but i dont want to risk it due to lack of tank. in addition, i've been asking for information regarding wormhole infrastructure because i've been having this idea floating around of forming up permanent residence in a C1 either as a small gang which moves periodically or as a corporation with permanent stay via medium estructures.

need to get more information, but the intent is to have like-minded people that wants to team up and take on passerbys using small to medium stuff (BCs and BS could be the big fleet PvP, stuff but most of the regular activities would be done in frigates and the like)

i've gotten a comment and offer from a guy of a wormhole corp/alliance but the killboard is the typical WH mindset, settle up in high class, use expensive stuff. i have a vision of a group of cheap bastards scrapping a living in the low classes not people loosing Rattlesnakes or T2/T3 stuff.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

did some mission running yesterday. finally got to standing 9 with the agent, and advancing to standing 3 with the navy. still a long way tho to get those market discounts but its something. as for the WH corp thing, i was investigating the logistics required. people suggest a DST to transport the structures but i dont have access to that, perhaps a brick tanked Tayra with a single cargo rig would be enough since the medium upwell structures only require 8K m3 to transport (not sure on the modules tho but that only means extra hauling work i guess).

of course i havent taken in account fuel costs but as far as things go it seems that what i want to do is feasible. other players suggest settling in C2 holes but i dont want those because of the Battleships, flying in a C1 is easier and the reward is well scaled for small vessels, doing a frigate group in a C2 would be counterproductive because of the high alpha from battleship missiles, they can one shot even a buffer tanked frig, and of course, it means sites take longer to complete.

its still too far to talk about settling in tho. i've just got past the 1.5 mill SP mark and i havent started with the tank skills. in fact, i was considering if adding gunnery to the list too. leveling for ships is easy because i dont have to rush to get lvl 4 in them, but anything combat, tank and the other stuff is serious so i should consider get into the deep of gunnery so i can add at least 1 turret backup or something. im gonna go with tank first then see what is left of course.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you pull together a small wormhole corp or alliance, one of them will be able to haul stuff into that hole for you even if you can't.

HOWEVER, you're going to need some contacts in W-space unless you want to risk getting forcefully relocated a LOT.
Or, you know, a big enough alliance to keep the suckers away.

If you do get a corp running, well, I'll be paying attention. I need a new corp, and can handle low-level industry stuff (think "making ammo and T1 stuff") and PVE. I can also semi-crap-fit a Hurricane for PVP.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i dont get why do i need contacts in WH space taking in account most (if not all) the corps and alliances live in the high classes. i dont have an intent on moving to those, only to stay in C1, perhaps do a roam into any connection that appears but mostly keep local and in check of the statics.

as for the ship size. well, the vision was about keeping small (cruisers and below), Industrials are an exception because we would need the cargo stuff. but anything BC or BS, i dunno. perhaps for serious fleet operations. but for gang operations its frigs to cruisers.

and cheap, considerably cheap (T2 fitted T1 ships, stuff that could be manufactured/replaced easily apart of the fitting), to keep on ground with the Alpha members (not even sure if i would go Omega anyways, not enough money to be made there to justify plex). its still a barebones concept anyway, im still leveling for personal permanence in the place.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

was planning to do more security missions today but the agent gave me faction related tuff so i had to change to something else. took route to Jita to buy the compensation skills for shield which were missing. remapping to Int + Mem increased the remaining time for rapid launch by 4 hours (15 hours total), nothing to worry honestly, in exchange i now get a reduction in time for a lot of skills, not only shield, almost all the relevant stuff left gets bonuses from Memory and/or Intelligence so i can stay with this remap for a long time.

Shield only needs a few days to max out actually, i give it less than a week to master (as far as Alpha skillplan goes). i still gonna have to stay longer in empire space anyways because i still have to max armor/hull and engineering. need those T2 cap, armor/hull reps and damage control.

the rest can be left out to level in wormholes as i dont need modules from them.

the good part is that im getting to standing 3 with the navy so i'll soon be able to jump into L3 distribution stuff, with a bit over 8K m3 in the Tayra, it should be more than enough to run those. but for now i still farm L2 courier stuff.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:31:07 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i got the corp thing going on yesterday. i would promote it here in Bay12 but its a spanish speaking corp actually, so no ads (unless you ask).

i got to put it thanks to a fellow returning spanish player that was seeking for corp but was a bit annoyed to find the typical recruitment process for null sec stuff so i offered him a convo and we talked about the vision i had. we have been setting up the stuff in conjunction.

the only downside is that he talks about getting Gilas (Worms for the newbeans). the vision i had for the corp was about flying cheap stuff, i cant even pay for one of those right now. he insists in that we're gonna need those in the case of T3 cruisers and the like roaming around. cant deny its probable that there will be casualties in terms of T1 stuff if one of those shows up in the system we colonize. so i guess its a needed evil to spend money on faction bullshit.

the DDoSS hasnt allowed me to login today so no corp work or PvE today. being a CEO in this game is weird, too much stuff to organize (needs more streamlining regarding the whole roles, titles and divisions). but so far i've been able to set up the corp hangar divisions, pay the rent of the first office, put audit log containers in some of those hangars, private channel for the high roles of the corp and add the recruitment channel to the corp info.

the only missing thing is leaving an Ad in the game, just need to pad those 7 millions. the problem i see is the time zone thingy, i dont know how i could represente GMT -5 in EVE time zone. i know its UTC or GMT 0 but the whole measure line when creating the add makes it complicated to settle up honestly.

as for skills, well shield Operation is going on right now. im currently waiting for the server to fix so i can add another.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 01:07:20 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

could only log in at the end of the day but i got to do what i wanted. had to adjust the channels, settle up the diplo channel. a guy from a WH corp appeared in the recruitment channel and he noticed me of that missing thing. anyways, i hope they dont come to declare a wardec or something like that. we barely have anything of value right now.

shield compensation is the next long skill in the queue, im gonna tackle the less time intensive one by one then go for Shield Management. the L1 security agent gave me a shitty row of faction missions so i had to do trucking for the distribution department to grind that last standing.

L3 districution pays more, at least in terms of LP. was even considering saving to buy a Hookbill blueprint. i dont know the material requirements of it so i guess the 12 million or so of the ship in the market is because of that. if not im gonna save the LP to buy stuff for sale.

i got to add some more corp members, mostly new players. one is a miner, the other wants to do exploration and has been looking youtube videos about it. the director didnt log in yesterday so no idea on what would be the opinion of him regarding the recruits.

with the people still skilling up for their stuff i guess i wont be able to enter the wormholes yet. i want at least 5 people to join into the expedition but they dont have the skills yet. im gonna have to put a bulleting with the list of skills required.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

no new recruits today. there was an omega player with a fairly good corp history but it seems he was looking for something more advanced. as for the guy from that other corp, he came offering entrance into a wh alliance, something about C2-C3 access and stuff.

i gave him a polite reply about it, a far as the corp goes there's nothing of value to offer to an alliance. and well, the point is growing alone so for the time being we arent looking for that kind of commitments.

the LP grind is going on, im getting close to the 30K mark for the Hookbill BPC. but seeing the cost of the ship compared to the BPC, it seems i would only save a bit of money. so i guess im just gonna keep farming for the standing then see how much LP i stac for buying something that has a better ratio of LP to ISK,

i got enough from the ISK rewards to put the Ad too. the specifications are put and i guess not many will see it but it can link it in the spanish channel to at least get some attention from any newbean that may arrive there. its a shame there's no Spanish Recruitment channel like it happens with the Russian or Japanese channels but oh well.

not much corp activity too, the Director hasnt logged in today but the miner has been busy moving his things to the HQ and started doing some work on the belts while chatting and asking questions about the game.

the best part of today's work however has been the standing gains. even without the social skills and the like i've already got past 4. so soon i'll have L4 security mission avaliable too if i need to.

the plan is still the same, wait to get the good shield skills and start with the wormhole business so i'll probably just keep grinding these L3 distribution missions.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i got a lot of recruitment applications yesterday, i think we jumped from 3-4 to 8 people (i think). i passed more time answering stuff on the channels than playing actually. still i got to farm more missions for a while.

i also made a change the day before in the skill queue and advanced the shield stuff quickly by putting all the compensation skills and tactical shield manipulation 3 at the bottom, so that one should be ending today while i still continue with shield compensation.

that would leave me muissing tactical shield manipulation IV, shield management IV and another i one i cant remember ATM. basically 1 week left to finish the shield skills for alpha Caldari and then jump into the next list (Armor). i hope the aniversary event will come with accelerators or something so i can speed this shit up, i lost the chance to move with that with the accelerators of the Gurist Hunt due to RL stuff.

as for the corp. we are right now like 5 "vets" and 3 newbeans. one is a miner that lived in null for a while and is returning as alpha, the other lived on a C2 with another corp, the third one can fly up to T2 ships and tried to live in WH space but seems he didnt want to do it alone, and then there's the Director after me that seems to have been a null sec dweller or member of a mercenary corp.

a lot of varied people. the only thing im missing is on some minmatar players, all the corp members seem to be either Caldari, Gallente and some Amarr. but yeah that's just for flavor and because i may want to have people tackling in Slashers in case T3 ships go to fast.

we havent done anything yet regarding wormholing, i wrote a bulleting in corp to guide them on the internals of WH frigates for C1 farming and also sent them a mail about the Director's plan of using Worms/Gilas for local defense or PvE or whatever.

i also got an advice from someone in a private channel, most of it was the stuff i had been taking in account which was tackling Wormholes with such a small amount of people or not having the resources to anchor any kind of structure. the corp is taking its timeto do all of that and according to the ex-C2 dweller, even a small POS takes a lot of resources to mantain in the long run so we have to make sure to have a proper logistical influx to support any kind of structure operation at long periods of time.

if things are like that then i'll probably have to resort to just do expeditions in small fleets with the most competent players while the others train in empire space.as for mission running, i had to stop farming CalNavy standing ebcause i tried to go and finish the SoE arc with a Corax, i fitted it with meta modules and didnt have higher skills on the ship so Dagan was still cancer. i had to ask one of the newbeans to come in his noobfit coercer to help me bring down the shield but after that the guy went down quickly.

still getting negative standing with the federation but -0,7 is a much better spot. perhaps i should do missions in Dodixie taking in account im close but i dont expect standing to increase further just from that and i was plannning to help this guy with the epic arc.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:41:44 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i had a meeting with the director to see if there were ways to get those Worm BPCs avaliable by doing other stuff. he suggest we use the systems around the HQ to farm Sansha anomalies and perhaps DED sites, then it seems he has contacts interested that want to sell 3 Worm BPCs to the corp.

i suggested other stuff like farming faction spawns in lowsec or even try to do missions for the Guristas in order to buy them from their store. still, having those worms isnt a necessity for the corp. the little guys are only required to make some sort of local asistance fleet to help if any member is attacked. plus it may ser for farming the wormhole (which i dont like because it takes out the point of doing it cheap and gurista ships are overrated anyways)

apart of that there's more corp shenanigans like recruiting a guy that has cero idea of the direction he was to get in the game, i offer him the vision, he enters the corp, doesnt speak shit in the corp channel and instead asks in the spanish channel about ways of making isk, he get talked by other recruiters there and leaves corp at the end of th day. wtf dude i just gave you entrance to a nice corp and you slap me in the face like that, hopefully he will prove usefull in whatever null sec grindy corp he enters.

i did a second PvE flet with the same guy from yesterday. mostly to test the water in anomalies (dens, hidden and foraken hideaways), the mix of Coercer + Corax was funny, while i had to wait for my rockets to cycle he was already one shotting some of the frigates. there was a moment where i got focused and had to warp off but everything was doable. but not solo so the payouts were split. he is trying to find a way to pay for an Omen but i dont really know how soon he was the ship because there's not much to gain money quickly.

what is most funny is that he got lucky by being agressed during an anom, a guy in a stratios went full ragequit for some reason and called on concordokken after attacking him, so our friend not only got some cool stuff like T2 mods to sell but also a set of 8 sister's core scanner probes apart of the regular probes of that ship. NEATO!

i gues the stranger was just fed up with the bad luck he was having. his killboard showed several stratios losses both in low sec and WH space. well man if you're gonna rage quit at least leave the ship so we can have you stuff. i dunno, ship doesnt deserve that treatment.

anyways, im way past standing 5 with CalNavy but i feel the climb is getting stagnant, problem is that there's no L4 distribution agents for that corp in high sec, so i'll ahve to keep grinding these L3s to get to the top. i dont know why i even bother with this but since i hav already invested to get a lot of LP i may as well go deep into it until i get to 10. then check how much LP i saved.

then, when i have finished with that, im gonna go grind with the Emperor Family in Amarr, at least those have L4 agents in high sec, at good systems for higher payout. yeah, im gonna go for that while finishing whatever is left for the expeditions.

sorry for the misspelling and other erros but my brain i tired right now.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:51:05 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

still grinding to get that high standing with CalNavy, i tried to speed up things by putting points into the social skills (mostly social and negotiation) so i can at least gain extra on each mission, not much SP taken out from the shield skill learning.

i've gotten past 50K LP and still counting, not gonna buy the Hookbill BPC, instead im gonna try and get the 90K amount to get the Navy Osprey. mostly because it can serve for doing scanned sites, allthought i was thinking on keep doing distribution stuff in Amarr after i finish with Caldari.

not many new members yesterday and not many activity in corp (monday thing i guess). but i got contacted by an omega player from another high sec corp, it seems she wants to set up in wormholes but doesnt have time to mess around with high class stuff so its offering to mount the structures as long as we give her the industry rights. im not well versed in spionage or awoxing so im in the blind here but if i take the agreement we can speed up the corp stuff (there's not much to steal from the corp anyways).

a member helped setup a Discord so we now have a comms system for anything fleet related, we use the text chat anyways but i may come handy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9