Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Xarit's experiments on wormhole habitation for frigates (EVE Online stuff)  (Read 22080 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

no new recruits for now. but we're stil short of 7 people to finish the process. average of pilots avaliable seems to be 5-7 depending on the day which is good for a small gang i think.

our partner found a C1 system ripe for ocupation, however there was a corp settled there already. since they had a Raitaru and nothing more, we set up to contact their CEO to see if we could share the space. it took a bit of waiting but things were set diplomatically.

basically there's 3 corps living in the whole. my corp will be the one doing the PVE content (and maybe the gas mining) our activities will probably mantain a low profile for the hole since there wont be much to do on it, our partner is setting up the remaining structures in order to fund her plans or heavy industry and moon mining and the other corp will provide access to it engineering complex for initial manufacturing since the only real activity they do there is PI with alts.

3 corps living in the same low class hole, no conflict, same purpose, to profit in group. i cant express how much surprised i am with this honestly, i was expecting to wait several months in high before the corp got anything ready to even post a tower in a system, and now we're getting call out to be ready to help with moving a set of structures. i hope we can keep to the task.

as for anything else. well, im still not finished with shields, there's still more than a week for it to finish without accelerators and im not gonna farm that event for those 800 points, the Gurista event was cancerous enough.

i'll perhaps wait to buy some and then use them to speed up the learning. im short of 25K LP to buy the ONI and got past standing 7 with CalNavy but again, im trying to go all the way and get 10. so there's still some grind to be done.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

lots of different stuff going on, havent posted much because there wasnt many activity to tell about but basically:

1. im still one week from finishing with shield skills

2. i decided to scrap the one fleet thing for the wormhole stuff, im gonna let everyone to run in the original plan which was fly cheap frigates for farming and perhaps swap to doctrine ships if attacked

3. still trying to fill the member count

im at 85K LP by the time of writing this, tomorrow im gonna finish the remaining 5K and be done with it. gonna buy the necessary stuff in jita then sell the ONI for extra cash. im not gonna need it probably and i cant ride the ship with the required weapons so i dont see the point on using it.

there's still fleetwork to do tho. our partner in the Raitaru needs help to get rid of some Interbus POCOs that are still sitting in that system so he can install his own offices. so i organized to make a fleet in the weekend to bash those things. i even figure a new fit for the Corax that could prove more useful later in the future:

[Corax, Siege Corax]

Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
EM Ward Amplifier II

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

Scourge Rage Rocket x350

200 DPS in short, could squish a bit more if i had T2 BCU and full Caldari Destroyer skill but i havent trained weapon upgrades to 4 yet and only trained destroyers to finish the SoE arc. still the ship does what i want for a fairly reasonable price. if the ship survives the POCO bash im gonna leave it in Arnon for repeating the epic arc. i honestly dont like the idea of leaving all the tank in one think and not carry a Damage Control but the ship is supposed to be built for max damage output allthought i wanted to make use of all the slots and rig spaces so i figured the rest.

tank may be a bit behind in resistances but its the best i could do since the Corax has such a shitty capacitor (cant even make workable active tank with it, seriously?).

no word from the other partner but seeing that im gonna be busy with the POCO bash i dont think im gonna have time to mess around with carrying structures for opening shop in the wormhole. i have to stay alert to get the notification of the entrance system and rally the fleet. first time im doing serious FCing.

once i finish with this and the LP thing im gonna move to Amarr and start grinding for L4 distribution there. should speed up my wallet which has been upped past 50 million by grinding those meager 200K on each L3 for CalNavy. i need more profit if i want to buy that Worm.

speaking of Worms. the guy that has the deal with my director convo'ed me, he was ready to release 9 of those things for the corp. problem is, no one has been focused on grinding the money for those ships so i ahd to do some talking. still, i had to leave the communication for all the corp that they have to farm combat sites, either DED Sansha or Rogue Drones since supposedly, there's a lot of profit to be done from those.

time will tell i guess, i just hope its not something too shady and the corp has to be punished with a debt or something like that. each one would be buying its own ship, not the corp anyways.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 01:16:00 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the siege has been completed successfully on saturday. it took the whole day but i was able to rally enough members to help take all the POCOs. however, our partner said that he only bought 5 due to money issues, there's still 3 POCOs missing (one is from another corp that lived in the C1 but didnt responde to mails from him so i guess its free game to destroy it).

i tried some Project Discovery during the siege, currently rank 13 and was lucky enough to get exoplanet skins for both destroyers. it looks good on the Corax according to some corpmate screenshots taken in the event.

things didnt come without issues this weekend tho. i made a wrong jugdement and kicked a member due to his rebel behavior, i tried offering an apologize and got the partner to give freeport to him so he could take his stuff out of station (he event got things moved from asset safety and delivered in high sec via contract). and even sent a new offering to get him into corp.

he hasnt responded, so i guess there's some things you cant unfuck on this game.

another guy left by his own, allthought it was more of a rage quit. when i recruited him he has been loosing several Ventures trying to mine gas from wormholes. i tried to convince him to do that in the C1 but he refused because of the ISK mentality. he wanted to mine only C320 and the like which only appear in C5-C6 wormholes. corp cannot set house there for several reasons i dont want to explain. so he went on his own to explore those regions.

but that's not the reason he left corp, the main reason is because he got stuck in one of those, without probes, mounted on a Gnosis. there was no way to take him out of there without a reference or something, the only way he could get out was by podding himself. so he lost most of his belongings, i scolded him a bit because when he got the gnosis, he was looking for a fit. i gave him a fitting corresponding to his minmatar skills which was of course, active shield with 650 arties and drones.

but like several of the members in corp, he didnt take the advice and feedback from me and instead took an expensive ship for a job its not designed for and went his merry way.

outside of that everything has gonne normal. i moved to the wormhole with a condor but got blapped, a Kestrel ended being a better vessel (not without some issues in some anomalies) but i can now farm the content. in addition, i also brought a heron for scanning, salvaging, hacking and hauling as the 400 m3 cargo is more than enough to move valuables to trade hubs without mobility issues, i even built it for a rapid warping process so can GTFO in less than 3 seconds (need to skill up some navigation stuff).

i had to stop ebcause another member ate a good amount of anomalies on his battlecruiser so the only signatures now are gas sites. and no one wants to do those even when i showed a table where a single haul of the least profitable one can still pull several millions (Miasmos haul). come on.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

new week, new objectives. over the course of the last three days i've been saving up money to buy accelerators from the event but the one you get at 800 points is too expensive so ispent my 120 million or so savings into an alpha injector and a cheaper, more basic accelerator along with some other stuff.

i was left with only a few million left but with that i was able to max up mining and add gas cloud harvesting to the list, there was also enough remnant SP to take out a chunk of the missing time for Shield Management IV. with this, i've shortened the queue and will be finishing with Shields before saturday or so.

i bought some harvesters and carried them in my old Omega clone Venture which is usable outside of the MLU II which i cant use yet. im gonna use it to mine gas and specially ore, as a corpmate pointed that he has a fully optimized (not sure if 10 time and 20% mat or something like that is the epitome of efficient but i guess) Scorpion BPC. he said the ship was free if i helped mine the materials so, im gonan see if i can make him bring the BPC to the C1 Raitaru and build the ship there for expeditionary purposes.

im not well versed on EWAR ships, let alone ECM, but from what i've learned, its not much of a complex thing. however, i dont like the "Rainbow" fit people use so i invented my own fit for the situation:

[Scorpion, Villiam's Scorpion]

Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Signal Distortion Amplifier II
Signal Distortion Amplifier II

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Multispectral ECM II
Heavy Jigoro Enduring Stasis Grappler
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
Large Shield Booster II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Expanded Probe Launcher I

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Large Hybrid Collision Accelerator I

Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5

Cap Booster 800 x4
Combat Scanner Probe I x8
Void M x320

i maxed missile skills because the Kestrel was the best option for the job in the C1. but for corp expeditions into C2 a battleship shouldnt have a problem (allthought im not sure if the ship would be capable of going back, that worries me a lot). so after i finish the core skills and remap im gonna focus my skillset for T2 medium blasters as they can pull roughly the same DPS as a M4 Large Blaster (Faction blasters must be too expensive at that size so no way to add navy or the like) with better precision against smaller targets.

the Multispectral ECM is used to save on fitting slots as i need the extra mids for tank + support tackle. even if there will be smaller ships providing tackle on the fleet, i'd like to use the Scorpion to keep on target while they regroup to other stuff. the original fitting had a more passive capacitor with a Large Cap Battery and several Flux Coils with a CCC rig. however, this made the fit weak in different aspects.

so instead i swapped all those cap mods to focus on the important stuff like adding some damage mods and improving the performance of the jammer. to compensate the battery i then have to go full stocked on Cap Boosters Charges but the battleship changes should help to alleviate those issues. the fit is stable with the AB off but since i still have to improve a lot of skills, i may be able to get a fully stable fit with the charges while running it, perhaps even swapping for a MWD instead since i have to pull extra speed to put the tackle on some targets (alphas cant MJD so have to try and get closer).

the stats of the ship seemed good enough but i cannot wait to see how much better it will get once i've maxed out the important stuff. i always like the design of the Scorpion but i never tried it because it had been relegated to an EWAR platform with the fits leaving it as a primary target for execution. since there's no capitals to alpha it out of the grid on the region we are exploring, i'd like to see the potential of this boy in a more offensive and strategic role outside of dishing jams and hope to survive with so few tank.

theres always the fear of the Bhaalgorns but that should be the least of my worries compared to other things flying around here and there.

as for the wormhole, there's not much to do, a corpmate fucked up the last anomaly and i couldnt kill the waves in order so had to leave it to another one in the corp. i tried to clear the gas sites instead and ended loosing the Kestrel.

so i returned to high sec and kept going with the courier stuff. running L2 distribution now, hopefully i should be able to climb to standing 3 tomorrow or so. perhaps get to L4s by the end of the week while the wormhole spawns new stuff.

on the good side, the wormhole got close to the base again (it had moved the access point near Rens, almost 30 jumps from HQ and Jita). so i'll be able to check if anything interesting shows up.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 01:23:49 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i passed a good part of the morning grinding L2 distribution but something turned up on the wormhole so i went to Amarr and bought the few savings to get a new Kestrel. 3 ore anomalies spawned in the C1 so i promptly moved with a corpmate for clearing it out of rats.

then started mining to see if i can speed up the mineral requirements of the Scorpion. so far i havent reached the amount of materials i need but there's still plenty of ore to mine. this system i very tranquil to be honest, most of the traffic around the C1 is either us or our business partners, no neutrals looking for easy pickings so far.

i've been mining the rest of the day, and even got to survey the adjacent wormholes to look for possible sites to run. i even got to mine one of the gas sites that spawned in the system today so i got an extra  income to lift the wallet again. in terms of standing i got up to 1.25 with Emperor Family a long way to go but right now im focused on the wormhole. plan was to keep running missions until i could cash in from L4s.

the member i unjustifiedly kicked accepted the apologies and returned to corp, he's living in Placid at the moment and trying to get enough materials to fill some order for a Dominix or someting like that. he doesnt want to go to the wormhole, i said i would leave him be so there it is. at least he tries to ask for proper help in channels, not like the other guy.

outside of that the day has been really calm. we did a late night fleet to search for stuff to kill in the C4 and C6 holes that appeared but all the ore/gas sites found so far are devoid of rats to farm. the other members brought their ventures and went to sniff a bountiful gas site. i already huffed something near home so i returned to mine ore and keep check when the static shifts again.

UPDATE:

we we're able to snatch some gas from a C6 site. i made the mistake of huffing the C540 instead of the C320 so not much money to make. we saw two battleships arriving to the site and thought that we coudl take them down, however, it was a ruse, there were the four BS spawns when our BC partner arrived, we got luck to get out without loosing anyone.

i scanned the entrances, one appeared close to Jita, and there's an access to a C2 but it seems to be heavily populated due to the excess of structures inside it so nothing to do outside of mining. which was also left for today ebcause there was an Helios flying around.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:42:27 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

last few days have been checking on the wormhole while doing mining work. some more members arrived and now there's only 1 slot left for members so i stopped with the recruitment channels. the wormhole has gotten some more high sec connections but not much anomalies, 2 combat anoms and 2 data sites today, all of them cleared by corpmates.

i've passed most of the time mining so i dont mind it but for the most part the hole is left alone because there's not even other wormholes to check and PvP got us at the wrong moment. a pair of mining ships from one of the fellow corps got wrecked by a small gang from E-UNI members. we didnt have ships to fight hard against a Brutix, Harbinger, Sabre, Nemesis and their Helios scout so all the resto f the standing fleet moved to the raitaru and waited for things to calm down.

i've already ordered by mail for carrying PvP capable ships to the C1, hopefully we will be able to help the next time since the big miner here has bait procurers which can serve to distract the gankers while we warp in the actual PvP stuff.

i've spent some hours from shield training to improve my Caldari Destroyer skills to see if i can churn out some more DPS from the Corax when the time is needed. and also brought a tightly fitted T2 Condor for tackling work seeing that no one has brought a tackler.

the attacking gang probably arrived from the C2 entrance that was sitting around yesterday so nwo that there's only high sec connections, there's no traffic to be worried about. but we have to be cautious.

im gonna add the last lvl of Caldari Destroyer after finishing with Tactical Shield Manipulation IV. then also see if i chan max out Mining Frigate so i can speed up with the process with these ore anoms. allthought i understand that they phase out after 4 days so by tomorrow they probably wont be present.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

today was a busy day for the corp. we found a C2 ripe for occupation, there's only a bunch of POS towers anchored without any kind of use, no structures of any kind in sight outside of them. the system as expected has a high sec and a C1 static so there's always content avaliable. the system has 10 planets, enough for a large industry of PI stuff, and 54 moons so we can have good chances of finding a good moon material source for extra profit.

after some discussion we took our ships with combat probes to survey the system in search of other player activities but so far it seems the system is a passing connection, most kills are unrelated to any local power inside so the C2 is completely unoccupied. we even found a cache of containers with 3 dominixes and a venture that were emptied because why not.

one member got on the task of staying inside thesystem with his Buzzard in order to keep sight of the system periodically, allthought i save the current bookmarks for tomorrow. living in the C1 has been good but most members are still living in high sec because there hasnt been enough connections to do stuff like groupal gas mining or hunting for anomalies. the 2 C2s and a C5 were godsend for only a few gas and data sites.

in addition, i investigated in the forums and it seems the Nestor is the only battleship capable of living in C1s without  issues. so moving to C2s is the only way to follow the Scorpion dream i have. i've already sent a mail to all the corp members to notice them about the oportunity, see if the corp can get enough donations from all the members (CEO included) in order to fund the anchoring of a Raitaru or Athanor in the system. even if it doesnt come with service modules yet.

it will be sad to loose contact with our partners, but so far most of the proposed work is halted (corp that was setting up the Athanor got scared from a single gank, the owner of the Raitaru has some RL stuff to take care off and thus will probably be absent for a while, the other person has been missing from the game for almost 2 weeks and counting). in short, my corp has to take hands into putting its own structures, this is the best moment to do it.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

we set out to work on planting at least a POS initially. but one member went the extra mile (or longer) and gave the money required to buy the structure (a refinery). i started the anchoring process on the Weekend while asking some players to help keep watch of the thing during its 15 min vulnerability moments.

no issues with the anchoring in the end. so, we set out to move our stuff from the shared C1 to our new base of expedition. the owner of the Raitaru will still allow us to get into that wormhole in the case we get evicted from the C2, if not, we will try to settled up the system so them and the other partnering corps can move inside too.

i didnt get time to survey the moons before anchoring the Athanor, so i put the structure on the largest and densest moon on the system. i still did the survey of all the 54 moons and saved the data in an Excell Spreadsheet for reference. the chosen moon has a more or less even spread of Coesite, Bistot, Spodumain and Ochre so it yields all the minerals on top of Silicates which im not sure if they have any kind of value taking in account the market data (i may be wrong on that but J-Space resources seem a bit behind in value compared to low/null).

the last days have been about moving stuff out and adapting the structure. the corpmate that found the cache of ships gave up 2 Dominixes to sell in Jita while i got some extra hundred million from ores i was planning to use for the Scorpion BPC along with some gas extracted of other wormholes. this in exchange allowed to buy the moon drill and enough fuel blocks for powering it up and keeping the Athanor running at full power for 2 weeks.

there was even leftover money to buy some modules and was able to put missile launcher (with ammunition), web, disruptor, ECM and a layered plating to provide protection. the money dried up after that and i was left with only 25 million to spend, so i have asked all members for them to donate a monthly of 50 million ISK or 10 Sleeper Drone AI Nexus (in the case they drop from C2 battleship spawns). if things go smooth, i should get enough money to buy the missing stuff like a neut, refinery and manufacturing service modules along with the monthly fuel requirements for them.

outside of that i've done some scouting work to look for C1s to exploit now that i have my arsenal of ships on the new home. shield skills have finished and im getting up with armor. Mechanics, Hull Upgrades and Repair Systems are the big 3 to tackle the next 3 weeks or so. the other skills are less problematic on that.

my profits have been mostly frozen due to the change of system while my other corpmates have exploited the C2 sites already. i dont mind that since my main focus is on skilling up and the fuel requirements of the moon drill are very cheap to mantain (120 fuel blocks per day is really economic for me).

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

stopped to train some more into Mining stuff, mostly Minig Frigate IV and then im gonna get Minig Upgrades to 4. Gas sites have become key to get a suitable income most of the time and now that there' moon mining avaliable we need all the workforce focused on prospection activities.

this doesnt mean i have forgotten armor skills, but with some recent ganks i've mostly been on a clean clone so no implants to reduced those godawful training times. i'll get there eventually but for now i've ben more focused on director work along with regular farming and bookmark work. some members have left and another have gone silent, RL stuff has taken a toll in the avaliable pool of members for other activities. however, one of the partnering corps i migrating some members to our corp. i've already ceded the CEO title to one of them so the corp can get more members. its like 14 more people that will join us and they have the assets to bring more meat both for PvP and PvE activities.

the newbie members are still doing their best allthought some of them tend to make mistakes like buying a battlecruiser for C1 sites when it could perfectly run the C2 connections or the sites that spawn in home. outside of that most of them are actually using the fits i recommend or at least those for larger ships.

i havent got time to get a good injection of ISK because after the first test in moon extraction we installed the refinery service to help cope with the bulk of ore that was going to be hauled, so the fuel cost went up to 13 per hour, the good side is that Nitrogen is quite cheap so buying half a month of fuel only takes like 100 million, still bigger than what i can produce but achievable from corp. in addition i bought the energy neutralizer.

the only downside is that trying the structure defenses against an asshole that was shooting his BC against the Athanor prove that those modules are quite shitty. i mean, its really unfair that the standup tackle modules have a reactivation delay, then what's the point of having structure defenses if i take more than 20 seconds to lock onto someone and only have 30 seconds to kill anything. that's complete bullshit. i expected more of structure modules to be honest.

for now there's still mroe than 2-3 weeks worth of fuel so i organized another extraction, the default minimum time so we can get to it sooner. i hope we can pull up the material that day without interruptions, allthought a fleet of Ventures shouldnt pull much.

as for the Scorpion deal. i've gotten some feedback from  different sources, so changes have been made. there's a lot of things to compensate regarding the Scorpion, one is that it doesnt get the same amount of cargo compared to the other Caldari BS so i have to put a cargo rig to get close to those 800 m3 for carrying the charges. tank and tackle along with cap booster take a toll on the avaliability of EWAR mods and burst jammer isnt good for what i want to do according to the sources so i have to become one with the Jam by using a single Multispectral II which apparently, doesnt suffer on effectiveness at ranges shorter than optimal (ME GUSTA!).

after that there' the weaponry, until i maximize engineering and dominate certain specific skills it seems there's no way to churn in large Blasters on the ship, best i can get is Large Ion which is subpar in most regards compared to T2 Medium Neutron Blasters, i could add the Dual 250 Rails which are large and i love their model design (they resemble the 75 mm rails of my L1 Merlin) but even at brawl range its probable they are really  bad in terms of damage (funny thing is that Navy Antimatter still puts them beyond Grappler and Scram range,  could Scram Kite with them technically but why?).

another source recommended Autocannons, but Medium Autocannons are meme material (the dont seem to fare well these days) and the only option for large are Dual 425 (i think), those are good but they dont allow enough powergrid (again, until my skills prove otherwise in the future) for damage rig so they wont get that extra kick in damage. i like that they are still capable with a falloff beyond 20 km but im not sure on their damage and ammo consumption, the good part of them is that they're capless so less cap consumption for the cap booster.

the last suggestion is just go with Missiles. Cruise is out of because im not kiting (no MJD to do that shit), Torpedoes are enticing but they eat a lot of resources and it seems that even with a close to still target they dont apply damage well, so the only aparently good option is Rapid Heavies which im not sure if will work against other Battleships. a Rapid Heavy fit is doable and i can churn in a Warhead Calefaction or Rigor Catalyst rig to help with damage or application (over 1000 volley damage atm, must be higher later on).

with those things in mind i have mostly kep the fit with T2 Medium Blasters. but provisionally as there's like 3-4 months worth of skill queue to be able to ride that thing with all the equipment online. until then i'll probably be improving the ships i have for other operations, like refitting my Corax for proper PvP or stuff like that.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

been mostly busy with Project Discovery. well im currently burned out due to grinding up to rank 200 (plan is still to get into rank 500 for that Marshal BPC, its just that RL stuff got in the way).

second moon extraction went well. the Athanor is basically finished on its fit. some members are already manufacturing ships and all inside the base. we still have to keep an eye on the fuel tho.

im currently out of the wormhole and been doing distribution missions. got standing 7 with Emperor Family then moved to work with Federation Army (for Dodixie). plan is to get that one on 7 too then move for Republic Fleet (Hek) or Brutor Tribe (Rens). well i originally was thinking on it for reducing taxes and stuff but it seems CCP changed that so im not sure how much do standings affect buy/sell orders.

anyways, its a good past time while i get some good LP and isk. currently sitting close to 500 million, i'll probably have to shred some of that to buy fuel for the Athanor allthought i've grinded so much isk from PD that the corp's wallet should be able to buy its own damned fuel blocs. time will tell i guess.

in terms of skills, i spent some extra time learning the mining skills so i can now use a Venture on its full mining potential. i've already moved again into armor skills with Mechanics V finishing next week or so thanks to implants. there's still a lot to skill up but now that mining is out of the way there's no need to change into any other of those. still several months before completing the Scorpion's requirement but im not worried about it.

im gonna take a rest from EVE as i stepped down from the CEO role and the rest of corp can take care of the stuff. just so i can get on full later to finish with Project Discovery.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

rank 210 in Project Discovery. im gonna try and go more spaced between those ranks in order to not get burned out of the game. i logged in today receive the free Exotic Filament CCP was gifting. i have the tank to fit a Moa for that one but im pretty sure you need T2 weapons and drones to complete it before the timer. so for now the thing will be sitting in cargohold.

after some tome pondering and looking at the graphs in Pyfa, apart of trying to find some material regarding the Scorpion and its use in solo PvP. i have finally produced a veredict in term of the fit. there's much stuff to improve on it later on but it should be the base testing fit im gonna try once i've completed the minimal 3 month period in order to use it with all the modules:

[Scorpion, Regular Sea Scorpion]

Damage Control II
Signal Amplifier II

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Heavy Karelin Scoped Stasis Grappler
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
Burst Jammer II
X-Large C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800

Modal Mega Neutron Particle Accelerator I, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L
Heavy Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Large Ancillary Current Router I
Large Ancillary Current Router I

Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5

it seems targetted ECM will never be an option unless i focus deeply on it and go Armor. since that's basically a fleet role im gonna leave that one for an alternative fitting for small gang work. as replacement im gonna use the Burst Jammer as it supposedly, works like a panic button so i can try and GTFO if i'm close to die or things get ugly. this leaves enough space in the lows to add extra damage mods and 1 spare slot that i used to improve my resistance against enemy ECM.

Large Blasters ended being the main choice due to a lot of reasons. better damage output for their capacitor consumption compared than Autocannons (low DPS) or Pulse Lasers (second best DPS in this case, but higher energy costs for more or less the same powergrid constraints). they have the best tracking of all the turrets despite the low optimal (3-4 km is still manageable for a brawling boat like this one).

Torpedoes require too much application mods to be efficient so that would work best using a Navy Scorpion (allthought an Armor Torpedo scorpion can be done and it can carry 2  precision scripted MGC II + Meta4 TP). Rapid Heavies are the most recommended but they take more time to train than Blasters (cause you can go T2 mods and Ammo with them) and the reloading thing doesnt convince me too much.

i had originally looked at using an XLASB but the smaller cargohold meant i had to gimp my speed with a cargo xpander or use a rig to add extra cargo. i cant do that with the current fit unless i sacrifice sensor strength to put a powergrid enhancing module so i decided to step down in rep and use a regular XLSB.

plan is to try and pick isolated targets and try to make it out with 2 invuls. i can only carry a total of 5 cap booster refills so repping will be complicated. i dont expect to make it wout in Low Sec with this thing but perhaps Wormhole Space will be more forgiving as long as i dont find a gang or something like that (allthought there's always the Burst Jammer, but i wouldnt count on it too much).

there's still a lot of skills to finish before getting onto the Scorpion. so for now im taking the time to look at it and see what can be improved to ensure it can at least die with a few killmarks after investing on it.

in other news im getting pretty much finished with Armor skills. just have to wait the 2 weeks long queue for Hull Upgrades V then get the unlocked skills for things like passive resist enhancers and remote armor reps.

jumping to capacitor should be waaaay easier. but im already at the 3 million SP mark. im getting worried about not getting enough SP for maxing out Gunnery in order to prepare for the blaster modules. everything else can be obtained with Injectors but i need those last 2 million to save for that and the battleship skill.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

been watching some PvP videos and checking at Zkillboard for information on targets. as far as Wormhole Space goes it seems most of the encounters use capless weapons in conjunction with drones. this means that the ship would be at a disadvantage for most situations, specially taking in account that i depend on cap to keep the tank alive.

the "regular" fit i posted before will not be able to cope out with that lvl of pressure. so i passed a good part of the saturday's morning theorycrafting a fit capable of mantaining tank for a while before having to align and burst jam in hope of a escape:

[Scorpion, Scorpion]

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Reactor Control Unit II

Warp Scrambler II
Burst Jammer II
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

800mm Heavy 'Scout' Repeating Cannon I, Republic Fleet EMP L

Large Cargohold Optimization I
Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier I

Hornet II x5
Vespa II x5

Core Probe Launcher I x1
Republic Fleet EMP L x3360
Republic Fleet Fusion L x3360
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L x3360
Synth Blue Pill Booster x1
Core Scanner Probe I x16
Navy Cap Booster 400 x40
Mobile Depot x1
Agency 'Pyrolancea' DB3 Dose I x1

Autocannons only require a minimal investment in PowerGrid to be able to fit allthought there's not enough left to add a damage rig which leaves the ship with a bit over 400 DPS. with the menace of ships fitted with deadspace shield boost or double repping modules im not sure if the volley will be able to break their tank so i can only pray and hope that having close to 500 DPS is enough to keep up.

the ship has enough cap for a few minutes by itself which means i can try and pulse the cap booster at least 10 times before having to refill. the XLASB requires close to the same amount of caps so it will be hard to keep tanking before getting dry on both but it can rep up to 700+ shield per cycle which means i can get an extra buffer of over 6300 hp to keep going in case i receive heavy damage (which it shouldnt taking in account im using a fucking battleship with double T2 invuls).

the heavy neut is just the addition to try and mess around with the target capacitors. if i could i would use vamps but battleship vamps towards smaller vessels seems to be a bad move si have to cope with that thing sucking my cap in order to mess up with other people's batteries.

i cant use T2 ammo due to no T2 Large Autos so i carry the triad of Projectile Ammo (EMP, Fusion and Phased Plasma). the Falloff seems to be good enough against most targets which seem to be usually scram fitted (according to Zkillboard). to compensate the lack of Kinetic damage i swapped to Caldari T2 drones which are also tankier. the mobile depot is for swapping to probing allthought im mising the hull and armor reps too, forgot to put those.

i saw some AB fits around in the killboards but im sure the grappler will be able to shut them off, otherwise i would have to sacrifice an invul for a Web. i would do the same trick as some guy in Youtube and use a long point instead of a Scram but that's a low sec strat so im not sure if i would be able to surprise a cruiser/BC with that while crippling their MWD speed with the grappler. i wouldnt be able to cope out anyways because battleship speed is too low even with AB on.

i added drugs this time allthought i dont see the point on spending on them but that +3% damage and shield boost without penalties should at least give me chance for the margin where i can secure a kill.

im gonna check on the speed again then compare some enemy fits to see if its feasible but i doubt it. i also tried making an Armor fit but the lack of DPS for an already low DPS fit doesnt make it enticing, swapping to missiles is possible but the cap requirements of armor reps even when ancillary make it too hard to mantain tanking, let alone hitting.

UPDATE:

i also made this double prop fit. well not sure when you really need a double prop but one can never be too paranoid i guess. this one has the lowest rails but can be swapped to 425mm autos too for slightly better DPS and better tracking. on the good side the change means you can fit a Signal Amplifier in the lows to replace the Powergrid mod so you can also get some better lock speed and resistance to ECM.

[Scorpion, Scorpion Rail Doble Prop]

Damage Control II
Signal Amplifier II

Warp Scrambler II
Burst Jammer II
100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Dual 250mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L

Large Cargohold Optimization I
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Hornet II x5
Vespa II x5

Core Probe Launcher I x1
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L x1920
Caldari Navy Lead Charge L x1920
Caldari Navy Iron Charge L x1920
Synth Blue Pill Booster x1
Core Scanner Probe I x16
Navy Cap Booster 400 x45
Mobile Depot x1
Agency 'Pyrolancea' DB3 Dose I x1
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:15:44 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i decided to swap clone nearby and take a stroll on lowsec in a Kestrel. got the ship destroyed twice but i obtained my first solo kill and pod.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/70683675/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/70683701/

and here's my losses:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/70681896/

1st try i wanted to use an AB kite with long point like in a video i saw. didnt end well, or maybe its because i had at it against a Navy Comet (never again)

https://zkillboard.com/kill/70683879/

this is the ship i used to kill the incursus. everything seemed nice against a Punisher when suddenly Falcon, Rapier and a motherfucking HAW Ragnarok. i saw it before but i wasnt expecting that to happen honestly.

the funny thing is, i could have used the acceleration gate but in the other side were a Tristan and a Firetail (and i think another Kestrel too). welp, i didnt got podded so i moved to high and moved to Jita. have to check if the mission i had waiting can be cancelled (fuck faction chains, i dont have a hauler for killing people, i do fucking truck work).

im gonna take that out, if i can still get it im gonna get another Kestrel and keep looking for targets. im surprised the strat worked but i guess it was part of the other player's plan.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i lost my third Kestrel against a Daredevil but im still more or less "ISK positive" (i think, not sure) because i appeared on the kill of a battle Heron that almost destroyed me before. seriously that thing is dangerous.

well nothing much in EVE for the weekend apart of that, i jumped again to my learning clone and left the other in Jita. im getting close to standing 1 with Federation Navy so i can start cashing in on the good distribution stuff, the only issue is dealing with those where i have to fight enemies. just got 2 of the same chain in a row where you have to destroy a Serpentis cruier, bitch armor tanks so well i had to buy inferno rockets and heat the launcher in order to break their tank.

im getting close to rank 250 in project discovery. its getting longer to get the levels but doing 10 ranks a day should be relatively easy to achieve without eating the whole day. that means i could get to rank 500 in the lapse of a month if i dont get disconnected from the game. if i dont get all the Exoplanet Hunter skins by then i guess i'll keep going just for the free money until i complete the collection.

i should have beenclose to 1 billion isk by now in savings but a good chunk of money went buying fuel for the Athanor, not to mention too that i spent a part of the money in frigate PvP and that i bought 3 Praxis to complete my collection of SoCT ships (those bitches are cheap atm).

im still sort of 130 million so that should last me for a while. i could buy an injector and an extended accelerator with that (i think) to advance the training. the problem is that there's still 10 days or so before finishing Hull Upgrades V so it would be a waste of time to use a boost now. i should save it for when i have skills under the 24 hour line.

corp has grown up to 28 members allthought im not sure how many of them are new as i was on hiatus. the Athanor has 2 weeks left of fuel and the wallet as grown considerably for covering any expenses. we have yet to see an attack on the structure or any sort of wardec which is nice for all of us. gangs are present tho, one of our old members left corp because of them. i warned people to use Procurers if they were omega and wanted to mine but people is bringing Covetors/Retrievers. they are too stubborn to think on using something that can defend itself for a fairly good yield.

but anyways, i'll retun to the wormhole after finishing with Project Discovery. for now i just keep check of stuff while farming standing, the SoE arc should be open again soon so i'll be able to repair the bad standings with Minmatar. i'd like to have positive standing with all factions actually, if i were to jump into null i would pick something in the Drone Regions in order to not fuck up standings with any faction.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

reaching rank 300 today. i've changed some of the directives of the corp in order to bring 3 initiatives, the first one is about PvE activities in order to bring income to the corp wallet, the second is about mining with a buyback program to store resources for corp work, the last one is about putting in operation the plan to take down the POCOs in the C2 in order to put our own offices. that last one will take a while since we have to get the money for each gantry + materials to finish it.

meanwhile i've organized a PvP weekend roam, i only got 3 other members to join yesterday and we got rekt at first but we got a kill later on. im gonna wait to see if there's people interested today, otherwise there's the current moon extraction finishing in 7 hours or so.

i also learned that T2 rockets work best when fighting larger ships (unless you have double web) so had to swap my fit for navy rockets instead. longer range and supposedly more aplication but less DPS than T2 (until i put a T2 BCU on the fit).

there's still one week before finishing Hull Upgrades V. and then there's all the lesser armor skills that only have 2 or 3 lvls. i have barely passed from 3 million SP so it seems im gonna be able to finish the core skills and add Gunnery, perhaps even Drones.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9