Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Xarit's experiments on wormhole habitation for frigates (EVE Online stuff)  (Read 22173 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would a probe launcher fit instead of the gun?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would a probe launcher fit instead of the gun?

i chose the 125mm because it was the only autocannon turret that could fit and swap with the regular probe launcher. this fit isnt designed to scan people down (unless you made so sacrifices in tank and the like). so yeah, you can just swap the turret for probing whenever needed.

i'd also like to point that the Arbalest launchers and Compact Web were a suggestion from the chat because i originally planned to have everything in T2 for better performance (save for the AB, cause Alpha limitations). i even thought of adding Augmented Drones but those seem to be hella expensive.

[Magnate, "Rogue Archaeologist"]

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
Small Armor Repairer II

Warp Scrambler II
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket
Core Probe Launcher I

Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x3
Hobgoblin II x5

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x90

this is an active tanked fit. the main limitations are hitpoints (438 armor at full V) and that you loose the web, on the other side of things this can be used for PvE (i think) and is cap stable (40-50% depending on whether you need Scram or not).

the damage potential is a flat 100 DPS with 350 volley (unheated). if you dont want to swap the probes this is the best DPS you can get, unless:

Damage Control II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Medium Shield Extender II

Core Probe Launcher I

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Hobgoblin II x3
Hobgoblin II x5

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x90

this shield tanked version can pull 117 DPS (127 heated) but you can only use it for PvE because no tackle. passive regen is 24,2 not much for a passive tanked ship of course but its the most you can get so have to make sure not to pull on heavy fire for too long. the PG is also quite tight on this fit so no way to add the Autocannon here for extra damage.

the best i could build for this case would be:

Damage Control II
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S

Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

Hobgoblin II x3
Hobgoblin II x5

this one ups DPS to 128 unheated by adding a 200mm Autocannon II, there's different things you can do with it. one is replace the Rigor with an Optimal Range rig for the gun, the other is to replace it with another current router and upgrade the armor plate to T2 to increase EHP up to 4.8K, you can still swap the gun for a Probe Launcher and perhap if you want to invest you could take out the Web and put a Ligature/Zeugma Analyzer to be able to do the job without having to swap the Scram.

i also added T2 Web because well, its not like im struggling with CPU and Powergrid can be covered with just some slight changes. im gonna keep this one as the top fit for now.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:16:38 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rank 290 in Project Discovery. just need 21 more days to finish this nightmare.

ok so, after a bit of analisis i think im gonna go with this version of the Magnate

[Magnate, "Rogue Archaelogist"]
Damage Control II
200mm Steel Plates II

Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
200mm AutoCannon II

Hobgoblin II x8

Republic Fleet Fusion S x120
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x100

i decided to scrap the Rigor in the fit in order to upgrade the 200mm plate, getting a reduction in explosion radius for missiles is good but the module change can churn out an extra 300 HP or so to the ship. this can be game critical in some situations. so yeah, this is the final Magnate fit for now. something like close to 5K HP, 100+ DPS and can still move roughly at 1K m/s. so much for ambushing people in exploration sites. now if i could get this tested against a Bomber/Astero it would be wonderfull.

but anyways. today i was bored of waiting on the agents so i decided to run those goddamned Lowsec missions, turns out this part of the empire can be quite silent so i was able to do several hauling runs with only 1 or 2 jumps between lowsec systems. it was a long grind before getting a good chain of high sec missions but i more or less got a big boost in standing.

i have reached standing 7 with Hedion, and got enough LP from the agents for buying a high grade implant. in this case i bought the high grade version of the Poteque 'Astrometric' Pinpointing implant (gives 15% probe strength or something like that). i hauled it in the Punisher to keep things out of the radar and sold it for a whooping 120 million (estimate says 194 but yeah, player driven market). implant costed me close to 80 million so its a 40 million profit in the end.

i still have 3 points more of standing to grind so im gonna see how much LP i can stack again before finishing with the academy. as for Emperor Family, nothing done today, but im more or les close to unlocking L3 agents from that side, want to finish with this corp first before moving out to the next.

current wallet is 846 million isk, i should be getting 1 billion before getting to Rank 350 or so, so things are looking promising for now. a few more runs to recover the money i lost with the implants and i should be good to go for the 500 PLEX.

as for skills. well im finishing CPU Management tomorrow probably or at least i will be able to put the next skill.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rank 300 in Project Discovery.

today was more standing grind. the ironic part is that i just reached close to 7,5. not much of an achievement, i also made a miscalculation when getting a lowsec run and entered to the system right for an ambush between a Deimos, Ishtar and Harbinger. i had to cancel the mission but didnt suffer real loss of standing with factions, only a reduction in corp and agent which is tolerable.

i sold an implant with the LP i had scrapped and got to buy a new Bestower with a better fit while still being somewhat ISK positive. returned, recovered the standing loss with the corp and agent and kept going at it. i also did some Emperor Family runs while waiting for the "Autism Cartel" guys to end the lowsec camp.

currently getting to 20K LP after getting down to 2K due to that obstacle. there's still a long way to go but if i can keep farming like this i could afford another 120 million implant sell. there's also a 200+ million command link but i have to buy the 2 components first instead of just spending money. it could be worth trying tho.

as for skills, well, Energy Grid Upgrades IV is the next on the list, then its Electronic Upgrades. im gonna tackle tose 2-3 days skills until there's only Energy and Electronics V which take like 2 weeks each. they are very important because of the powergrid/cap and sensor/cpu modules that come from them. everything else is just side stuff like module damage reduction when heating or energy vamps/transfers or smartbombs which i barely use.

this will probably take up to September whole so i guess Armor wont be touched until October. in the case that i dont activate the Omega to precisely skip this shit (allthought with only 30 days worth of sped up training i dont think i'll finish the essentials in time).

outside of that it seems there's no standing loss from running the Abyss. or that's what i got from asking to someone that does them. guy said he had standing 0.0 with Drifters, Triglavs and Rogue Drones which means apparently, that these values are static and dont get lower than that. the enigma now is if this is kept for other values as i have 0,8 positive standing with each of those (and other factions). there's still a long way before getting on a cruiser properly fitted for this so not much of a deal for now.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xarit's experiments on wormhole habitation for frigates (EVE Online stuff)
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2018, 06:18:18 pm »

been out of the loop for a while but im still checking on my skillplan.

Enginerring is short of 2 skills but each one takes more than 2 weeks to train so im leaving them for now. im already completing Armor, just need to push for those last 2 week long skills like Mechanics and Repair system,Hull Upgrades is too long so im going to leave it for last.

once i finish with this im gonna move to shield. atm im still with less tan 2 million SP. which means i will be able to spend the remaining skills onto weaponry. i may go for Targetting before that of course and perhaps something in Electronics if the necessity arrives.

until then im gonna rest from farming in EVE. i was getting too much bored allthought i should strive to reach the last ranks of Project Discovery and the standing gains. i just dont want to do them atm, will resume perhaps next month or so.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2018, 04:39:51 pm »

ran some mission today, not much, bu something. rating 7.7 standing with Hedion and rank 315 in Project Discovery. didnt feel like keeping up today, but perhaps later in the week.

the most important thing is that im short of some hours before finishing the last week long armor skill, so i started putting the shield ones. will have to check later to see if i can add more as queue gets cleaned. i've bought and injected Shield Compensation but im still missing the resistance specific ones. will have to wait until i've learned the requirements.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2018, 03:34:48 pm »

decided to marathon the game this weekend to see if i can close the gap. reached rank 331 or so in Project Discovery but it turns out i cant keep going. it seems CCP has put some limitations in the minigame in order to limit how much you gain from it, guess people had started to use bots or something (seriously? that's killing the profit for the average joe, its not fair).

anyways. without having to look at graphs i can focus on running the hard missions for standing (just hope i can do the lowsec parts, one can never be sure what is waiting on the other side of the gate).

as far as skills go im getting close to finish Shield. just need to train some 3-4 days and the rest is compensation skills for passive modules. there's still less than 2.5 Mill SP so i still have enough leftover points to get Targeting ready and then focus on Drones (and then Missiles as both are part of the Magnate fit i showed some posts before).

that's all for today i guess.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2018, 10:57:45 am »

lost my bestower trying to complete a lowsec mission. i returned to Amarr to buy a replacement but decided instead to get on the magnate and try making a living in Stain. the trek wasnt as hard as i initially thought, TAPI (TEST) had taken control of most of Catch and i had to temporary logoff in one system due to a gatecamp. there were still some of them when i finally got close to the gates of Stain (systems changed sov to BRAVE but were mostly unoccupied).

its interesting to see that there wasnt a single bubble up from sov null to NPC null. only the initial gatecamp with a Hictor (or a Dictor, didnt even take the time to look) had me rushing to back to gate. i was also expecting Stain to be a busy place but it ended being a ghost town, well, there were some others in local but i never saw someone near station or trying to hunt me down.

i ran missions for 2 L1 distribution agents at the same time and got 1.1 standing with True Creations. made roughly 1500 LP for them but honestly, the payout looks really bad. i was expecting more from these nullsec NPC corps. no wonder people prefer to rat and do DED sites, the payouts are horrible unless you do Security which is probably way more of a magnet for ganks.

so yeah, i finished checking on the L2 agent to see if he had some kind of increase in payout, i didnt really see why bothering. so i made my way back to High sec, returned to Amarr only with some overheated mids (i wasnt taking chances to get blapped when crossing TAPI gatecamps), now i have to think what to do next.

all in all i could live try to make a living in Stain (or even Venal) but i just dont see the money, cant even grasp how people actually makes a living in these regions or otherwise i would be seeing big subcaps moving around in the systems. at best i saw a Gila in the D-Scan.

i could move my Sigil there (but it would probably die) and farm up to L3s but it looks like the payouts arent event consistent with the security lvl of the region. most wiki guides say that security L3s are slightly better than L4s in high sec, but that doesnt seem to extrapolate to Mining or Distribution.

so that's it, i made a daytrip to NPC Null and didnt found the pot with gold. i'll probably just keep going in High Sec for now, there's still standings to grind with the factions i wanted.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2018, 09:53:37 pm »

bought a cheap fit bestower to keep going on with the plans. lost it some minutes ago but i was able to turn in several misions, got my reputation up to standing 7,96 or so. im bored of running missions for today so im gonna leave it like that.

apart of that i was able to reach Rank 350 in Project Discovery and reach past the 1 billion mark, currentl 1,06 and counting. those last 150 ranks should earn me enough to buy the plex. not to mention im getting to 60K LP accumulated over time. so there may be some extra millions out of this one and im still 2 points before maxing standing with Hedion.

i'll probably wait until the next weekend or so in order to not get burned out. but im still gonna check for the skillqueue.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2018, 10:32:16 am »

You can make money with exploration in a frig. Then go back to HS via Wormholes.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2018, 11:22:18 am »

You can make money with exploration in a frig. Then go back to HS via Wormholes.

the idea was to optimize my skillplan. running distribution missions doesnt take much in terms of SP outside of leveling to get the Distribution Connections prerequisites. perhaps i'll consider exploration later one but first im focusing on filling up the core skills and Drones + a main weapon system in order to be combat worthy.

i want to make sure those 5 million SP are filled with the proper skills rather than deviating with additonal stuff like market or mining. plan is to use the Magnate but not exactly for exploration, more for ambushing other explorers. there's a fit and all.

as for wormholes, i aint touching that unless i fly in a Punisher/Tormentor. mostly for farming purposes.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2018, 01:03:09 pm »

It was just an explanation to you "can't even grasp how people make a living here".

... I am also out of the loop and haven't played for quite some time.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2018, 06:59:52 pm »

It was just an explanation to you "can't even grasp how people make a living here".

... I am also out of the loop and haven't played for quite some time.

oh...yeah it could have been more specific but i get it.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2018, 11:20:17 pm »

ok the daily quota of boring tasks moved me to standing 8 with Hedion and standing 4 with Emperor Family. i've reached past 1.1 billion ISK and im completing the shield compensation skills, leaving me with only the long ones at rank IV to finish Shield this week or the next.

project discovery didnt allow me to round but i basicaly got to Rank 370. this should speed up things a bit.

i also started theorycrafting a cheap fitted Tayra for running missions in null. the sad part is that the align time is still to slow (8,5 secs with the basic inertials), shipc an in theory tank fine because its a mainline shield ship and gets enough cargo to only require 1 rig and the rest can go for agility but still, im not sure if that thing would survive the long trek between Highsec and Catch, let alone move around the systems in Stain.

so for now its just saved in the fitting menu. perhaps will serve for other regions but i would have to grind standing 1 all over again with whatever faction i choose to work with. Sansha is just the only one atm with that lvl.

im also considering opening up a corporation again, but this time for some kind of open activity instead of a fixed direction like it happened with the first one, something akin to just being a corp in name but there's no office or tax for members, we just fly together and stuff. it doesnt sound too convincing but well i dont really have the time to mess around with the whole infrastructure again, perhaps later on opening a corp hangar but i dont see the point of it if we're not going to produce anything or require an industry base. but first of all im waiting to get the money for the Omega period because im going to help someone with expanding his new corp's member limit.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2018, 11:42:34 am »

You could see if you can't just buy the Tayra in Catch.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9