Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: League of Heroes: -S.W.O.R.D.- Deployment Phase  (Read 8097 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: League of Heroes: -S.W.O.R.D.- Deployment phase 2
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2018, 12:27:36 am »

S.W.O.R.D. Actions:
P-Man:
Engagement (Operation Foxtrot): (1) SC
Hotshot:
Research:
League Agents: 5 mil + 10 favors: (1) SC

Engagement Plan: Foxtrot:
The everlasting tragedy of the aftermath that was the Red-Orange war is only a monument of the sins of humanity with their always brooding greed and need for power, that resorted to such a conflict. While the government is swarming with economic pressure to handle the relief efforts of the war, and things such as a debt crisis could always come to the Red Nation. P-man has set it out for himself to help these refugees and victims of the horror of war through any means necessary, whether it's the usefulness of super strength and flight to reconstruct new houses and homes for the refugees, or utilizing his eagle eyes to help families in need that have lost members and find missing members of the families that can go missing during the refugee swarm as they ponder down to their new homes and lives.

While this should definitely be a nice boost to P-Man's renown amongst the populace and should greatly help the people and prosperity of the city, we have a different focus. This will all be done pro-bono for the leading governments, with P-Man acting officially as an agent for them. The new homes and grateful refugees will be placed in the districts of politicians key to the political side ((favors)) of our projects, giving us substantial amounts of leverage amongst the politicians. They can support us and have the votes/support of happy refugees, or we can simply use the refugees' everlasting gratitude for P-Man to vote in more amenable pro-SWORD politicians.

Edit: has been revised by Chiefwaffle's advice

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:05:59 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2018, 01:09:09 am »

S.W.O.R.D. Actions:
P-Man:
Engagement (Operation Foxtrot): (2) SC, Chiefwaffles

Hotshot:
Work on Project - League Agents: 5 mil + 10 favors: (2) SC, Chiefwaffles

Just as a general note, helmacon implied on Discord that 20 Favors is meant to be a really expensive cost, so we should keep that in mind with our engagement if we want to be able to finish the Agency by the end of next turn. Operation Foxtrot's main focus is favors, so that works for me.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2018, 03:28:28 am »

fuck it. Chief is right. I change my vote

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2018, 08:28:53 am »

S.W.O.R.D. Actions:
P-Man:
Engagement (Operation Foxtrot): (4) SC, Chiefwaffles, Johiah, Thanatos

Hotshot:
Work on Project - League Agents: 5 mil + 10 favors: (4) SC, Chiefwaffles, Johiah, Thanatos

fuck it. Chief is right. I change my vote
Added your vote, I hope I did it correctly.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2018, 09:02:51 am »

S.W.O.R.D. Actions:
P-Man:
Engagement (Operation Foxtrot): (5) SC, Chiefwaffles, Johiah, Thanatos, Madman

Hotshot:
Work on Project - League Agents: 5 mil + 10 favors: (5) SC, Chiefwaffles, Johiah, Thanatos, Madman
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2018, 02:41:59 pm »

looks like we have decided, though it's possible a convincing argument to the other way could come about.

HotDiggityDog

• Bay Watcher
  • *hiccup*
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2018, 10:05:08 pm »

S.W.O.R.D. Actions:
P-Man:
Engagement (Operation Foxtrot): (6) SC, Chiefwaffles, Johiah, Thanatos, Madman, hotdiggitydog

Hotshot:
Work on Project - League Agents: 5 mil + 10 favors: (5) SC, Chiefwaffles, Johiah, Thanatos, Madman
Work on Project - Containment Foam (1): hotdiggitydog
The containment foam is more useful for us right now. Right now, we're at a risk of killing villains we fight, with Hot Shot being a fire hero and P-Man being super strong and all. It's relatively easy and will benefit us long-term tremendously. We need to get it out of the way first.
You can't excuse it as roleplaying when it's not a thing that your character would indeed do.
Desire to genocide elves does not live anywhere in the game's files and code. It's just here. You made it. What should I therefore think of you?

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2018, 08:50:48 am »

If we start the Agency, and don't get enough favors to replenish our instantly depleted supply, we would be forced to invest in a new project or containment foam next turn regardless, meaning it would be 3 turns (min) to get something out instead of two. Unless I'm misunderstanding the turn order. So unless we want to bank on getting a whole 10 favors in one turn, it would be wiser to invest in containment foam, since we can get that out in two turns FOR SURE given our current resources.

So do we have any guarantee we can/will get 10 favors from Foxtrot? If not, I'll play it safe and vote Containment Foam.

Quote from: Votes
S.W.O.R.D. Actions:
P-Man:
Engagement (Operation Foxtrot): (7) SC, Chiefwaffles, Johiah, Thanatos, Madman, hotdiggitydog, SamSpeeds

Hotshot:
Work on Project - Containment Foam (2): hotdiggitydog, SamSpeeds

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2018, 08:56:46 am »

We won't be killing villains unless they operate in our city, which is a very, very low chance given how nobody knows where anyone is, at least not yet.

The sooner we get the Agency running, the better, even if it means not producing anything til turn 3. At least the Agency would be done before turn 4.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2018, 03:03:06 pm »

If we start the Agency, and don't get enough favors to replenish our instantly depleted supply, we would be forced to invest in a new project or containment foam next turn regardless, meaning it would be 3 turns (min) to get something out instead of two. Unless I'm misunderstanding the turn order. So unless we want to bank on getting a whole 10 favors in one turn, it would be wiser to invest in containment foam, since we can get that out in two turns FOR SURE given our current resources.

So do we have any guarantee we can/will get 10 favors from Foxtrot? If not, I'll play it safe and vote Containment Foam.

Quote from: Votes
S.W.O.R.D. Actions:
P-Man:
Engagement (Operation Foxtrot): (7) SC, Chiefwaffles, Johiah, Thanatos, Madman, hotdiggitydog, SamSpeeds

Hotshot:
Work on Project - Containment Foam (2): hotdiggitydog, SamSpeeds

If we don't get 10 favors, we start on confoam.
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2018, 06:32:36 pm »

That and we are kind of using P-Man's greatest advantage here - engagements. Sure, a regular hero or mook may not be able to easily get a large amount of resources in one turn, but P-Man is almost entirely built to do well in engagements.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: League of Heroes: -S.W.O.R.D.- Deployment phase 2-2
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2018, 06:22:38 pm »

Engagement: Operation Foxtrot

P-Man is doing pro-bono work with the northern relief efforts. The Red government couldn't be more delighted! They love the free PR, and prominent politicians jockey for the opportunity to be pictured handing out food supplies alongside the countries greatest hero. P-man has plenty of opportunities to talk about his efforts to "better the world" and elicit promises both public and private of support for his "Plans in the future".

On the other side of things, tensions are still high with the Orange refugees. Most of them didn't support the Red government during the war, and many of them even served in combat against the Reds. It comes to light one night that a Red politician had diverted an aid truck from a particularly poor to do camp in order to support a more developed community. Assumedly there was some reasoning behind it, but cries of corruption and oppression go unanswered by confused Red officals, and soon a full scale riot breaks out. Panicked aid workers call the only person they can think of for assistance. P-man!

Engagement 1: P-man vs (5) Rioters. **

Spoiler: Dry Report (click to show/hide)

Upon arrival, P-man subdues a few of the more unruly rioters, and his presence alone soon calms the situation. Within a few days, the situation is more or less resolved. An official investigation is launched into the offending politician, and P-man is thanked for calming a volatile situation. If P-man hadn't have been present to calm the riots on such short notice, who knows how bad the situation could have been. P-man has a few abrasions, but otherwise requires no medical attention whatsoever.

P-man has gained 8 favors and 7 million $ 3 more favors for his work this round!

League Agents project
Hotshot begins work on the League Agents project this turn, spending 10 favors and 5 million $
Project time for League Agents has decreased by 1.

You have nothing that warrants action during the second half of the deployment phase this turn. Sit tight and maybe do some heckling in the discord. 

**Normally engagement phases will warrant 2 reports. A dry report, which is simply the mechanical progression, and a wet report. The wet report is a fluff built using the dry report with no numbers or mechanics mentioned. Barring special circumstances, I will only write wet reports for super vs super engagements, but I will always post the dry report. (The one currently posted is a dry report)

***World events will be detailed during the second half of the Deployment phase, as well as updated analysis of resources.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2018, 06:25:35 pm »

Edit: Forgot to mention. P-man has earned (somehow) 110 renown.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2018, 06:55:35 pm »

we gotta make those villains bleed.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2018, 08:51:08 pm »

Hmm so now we have enough renown to get another hero.

However I think we should wait until 300 renown, for a REALLY good hero.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12