Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Wait, are you seriously telling me.....  (Read 12781 times)

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wait, are you seriously telling me.....
« on: March 17, 2018, 12:33:57 pm »

This is a stability patch for the last release. A few raid-related crashes are fixed, as well as some strange behavior related to stolen livestock. To get the full fix for stolen livestock, old saves will need to add [PET] to beak dogs and unicorns.

so......you can now get unicorns even if you're NOT in a peaceful/blue biome?

this changes everything.

Or, rather, changes my strategy with elves. Instead of waiting for their caravan, I can now send raiding parties (aided with legends mode) to get some bad-ass animals.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: Wait, are you seriously telling me.....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 12:39:16 pm »

I'm sure this will assist these upper boards in their irrational love of slaughtering elves. Now that you can get badass tame animals without tolerating elven traders.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 12:41:39 pm »

Don't give me that, slaughtering elves is the most rational thing since sliced socks.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 12:45:02 pm »

It's literally a meme about hating a specific subspecies of human and wanting to kill them all until there are none left, for no reason other than that they're different from yourself and "annoying". It's disturbing, okay?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 01:18:49 pm »

If they don't want to be killed, they shouldn't be made out of arrogance and desirable loot.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 02:24:26 pm »

Elves are an invasive and aggressive specy, and it's not like they have anything against brutal murder themselves... Tho I agree I find the will to exterminate or kill anything, without reason and for the hell of it deeply disturbing. Everytime I see some of that on the forum I find myself asking why would anyone do that.

I mean, elves are coming to your place shitting on your plump helmets and asking you stop cutting trees, you send them home in a mastercraft wood box okay, but what is the point in keep hitting them once they caved in?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:29:13 pm by Cathar »

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 03:33:18 pm »

The elves will happily devour their enemies' corpses while prancing about their peace and nature.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 04:54:49 pm »

Well hey, let's be fair, I don't kill elves on sight. I'm not a bad GUY.

I wait for them to inevitably demand that I stop minding my own business in my own territory that they were not invited into, and for them to demand that I start respecting the rules of their tree religion beliefs or else they will make me. Only THEN do I capture and lock them away for various science experiments, or maybe drop them into a crocodile pit (Or, in one notable instance, drop a crocodile pit on them).

I wholeheartedly support the idea of raiding legitimate elven targets for animals.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 05:01:13 pm »

Well hey, let's be fair, I don't kill elves on sight. I'm not a bad GUY.

I wait for them to inevitably demand that I stop minding my own business in my own territory that they were not invited into, and for them to demand that I start respecting the rules of their tree religion beliefs or else they will make me. Only THEN do I capture and lock them away for various science experiments, or maybe drop them into a crocodile pit (Or, in one notable instance, drop a crocodile pit on them).

I wholeheartedly support the idea of raiding legitimate elven targets for animals.
You know they're just looking out for your spiritual well-being.
Or at least, you will the moment vengeful ents are back in the game. :)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 05:07:42 pm »

I recently weaponized a FB that I made into a husk. I laugh at the most ancient representations of primal nature before I twist them into a horrific engine of science-based annihilation. The organic ones can kill legendary +5 military dwarves.

They may bring their silly tree-men to my gates at their leisure.

Go raid you some bears, OP.

Anandar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 06:07:00 pm »

Its not my fault someone created a fantasy world generating simulator game in which i am capable of and choose to cause the genocide of an entire (fictional) race... lets be honest dwarves and elves have hated each other for longer than humans have existed, and its not elf fortress now is it?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 06:13:52 pm »

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who's actually checked what entity_default.txt says about dwarven ethics. Dwarves are dutiful enough to kill people you tell them to kill, put traps where you tell them to put traps, move cages containing creatures, pull levers... but that doesn't mean they actually approve of the terrible things you have them do.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 06:16:52 pm »

Maybe they are going by Warhammer dwarves, so they have to repay every single slight in the grudge list to the very end.

(Sidenote: Dwarves or Dwarfs? I mean, computer wants dwarfs but I refuse to accept it.)
In a time before time, I had a name.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 06:28:36 pm »

Dwarves are similar to humans, but a little smaller. The males have beards They value order and crafts. They consider (surface) nature to be a little disturbing. They really hate slavery and torture and eating people.
Elves are similar to humans, but a little smaller. The males have beards. They really really like nature. They dislike slavery and torture, except as an example. They consider killing plants to be unthinkable, and only kill animals in self-defense. They dislike eating people in general, but will sometimes go into a frenzy and eat people that they've killed anyway.

They're pretty different, but they're not mortal enemies.

Lord Shiteblast

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok be praised
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 06:56:25 pm »

Its not my fault someone created a fantasy world generating simulator game in which i am capable of and choose to cause the genocide of an entire (fictional) race... lets be honest dwarves and elves have hated each other for longer than humans have existed, and its not elf fortress now is it?

QFT.

Dwarf Fortress proves that Dwarves are the supreme beings. You can play a human fortress if you like, but ultimately the greatest fortresses are Dwarven. The greatest megaprojects are Dwarven. It is Dwarves that shape the land and strike the earth.

Dwarves are supreme for one principal reason - they carry out the divine Will of Armok. It is Armok that creates and reforms the worlds as He sees fit. It is Armok that guides the hand of every Overseer. It is the Will of Armok that Elves must suffer for their arrogance and it is the Dwarves that carry out His Will.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6