Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Raid findings  (Read 8291 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Raid findings
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 09:21:03 am »

Has anyone manages to rescue a member of their own or other civilization?
Quite a few people have reported it. Squads often come home with whatever prisoners are at the site they're raiding (can turn that off now at least). Someone on reddit reported rescuing a demon that was being held prisoner by humans. It appealed for Sanctuary and then citizenship a couple of years later.

I had 4 dwarves imprisoned in an unsuccesful raid againt a goblin pit. As soon as I got the report I raided it with another squad, and I have the impression the imprisoned dwarves fought agains the soldiers I sent, and were killed. I have to confirm it though because I didnt remember their names, but though the raid was succesful no one was rescued.

DoktaYut

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:OCEAN_DEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 09:51:54 am »

Quite a few people have reported it. Squads often come home with whatever prisoners are at the site they're raiding (can turn that off now at least). Someone on reddit reported rescuing a demon that was being held prisoner by humans. It appealed for Sanctuary and then citizenship a couple of years later.

I had 4 dwarves imprisoned in an unsuccesful raid againt a goblin pit. As soon as I got the report I raided it with another squad, and I have the impression the imprisoned dwarves fought agains the soldiers I sent, and were killed. I have to confirm it though because I didnt remember their names, but though the raid was succesful no one was rescued.

That happened to me too, I thought it was maybe because I took too long and the goblins forcibly recruited them/enslaved them somehow, but if you did it immediately and it still happened that might just be an actual glitch; apparently goblin-specific, because the demon rescued was technically a raid against humans.
This is a Bay 12 Forum Post. Written on the item is a signature entitled Thoughts on Signatures, authored by Dokta Yut. It concerns the elaboration, selection and display of forum signatures. The writing is very concise, yet it has a touch of humor. Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 10:11:31 am »

That happened to me too, I thought it was maybe because I took too long and the goblins forcibly recruited them/enslaved them somehow, but if you did it immediately and it still happened that might just be an actual glitch; apparently goblin-specific, because the demon rescued was technically a raid against humans.

Confirmed, that was what happened. By they were imprisoned for a short time. Basicly as soon as I got the report of the failed mission I sent another, and the site was just three day of travel from my fortress.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 12:29:46 pm »

Drawing the conclusion that it's goblin specific may be pushing it too far. Members of your own fortress captured in a failed raid against goblins misbehaving does not mean that third party prisoners of goblins would. Similarly, it doesn't mean fortress member prisoners of non goblin civs won't misbehave. We need more info...

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 01:58:18 pm »

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 10:26:34 pm »

I've sent similarly sized squads or larger to rescue captive dwarves (in a Tower). They've either not found anything or returned with spoils. Is possible a greater enemy population (zombies) are making it too difficult to rescue them? I'd like the report to return more information (we couldn't find them, couldn't find an opportunity, fought but were defeated, later recaptured, etc) so at least you know something was happening.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2018, 04:20:02 am »

Turns out that if you raid a site, they can retaliate with a siege before you hit a population of 80. 
In other news, my fort population has gone from 72 to 34.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2018, 04:28:05 am »

Turns out that if you raid a site, they can retaliate with a siege before you hit a population of 80. 
Yes, that's been stated by Toady. If you attack them, you forfeit the attack trigger protection, which makes perfect sense.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2018, 06:43:28 am »

Yes, that's been stated by Toady. If you attack them, you forfeit the attack trigger protection, which makes perfect sense.

Even other dwarf civilizations who do not have a trigger to begin besieging others (not that it matters a whole awful lot) will roll up and seige you if you attack their site or get caught.

For fun you could by some extra-ordinary means defeat a rival dwarf civilisation and make them pay tribute to you.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2018, 12:41:03 am »

Hey there you go, I rescued a dwarf from a goblin pit. That was nice. The other is stuck traveling having never come home from campaign. Will he ever show up?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2018, 01:14:26 am »

Even other dwarf civilizations who do not have a trigger to begin besieging others (not that it matters a whole awful lot) will roll up and seige you if you attack their site or get caught.

For fun you could by some extra-ordinary means defeat a rival dwarf civilisation and make them pay tribute to you.
Not right now you can't. You either get someone to pay tribute or you go to war with them. No way to stop wars (with tributes, treaties or whatever) right now. Coming before mythgen development starts though, so not long now.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 02:36:02 am »

Not right now you can't. You either get someone to pay tribute or you go to war with them. No way to stop wars (with tributes, treaties or whatever) right now. Coming before mythgen development starts though, so not long now.

Its in the mission options for a offensive imposed tributary on individual sites in the 44.06/7 version wherin the target will pay you a free caravan on a one time or yearly basis depending on the outcome. Actually having it as a peace deal condition is a different matter as you say but as its currently, you assault the site and the remaining defeated forces pay you off.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 02:58:58 am »

Its in the mission options for a offensive imposed tributary on individual sites in the 44.06/7 version wherin the target will pay you a free caravan on a one time or yearly basis depending on the outcome. Actually having it as a peace deal condition is a different matter as you say but as its currently, you assault the site and the remaining defeated forces pay you off.
Demand tribute is ignored if you're already at war. As Toady just said in the Announcements thread. You just get in a fight. There's no stop war and demand tribute option yet.

Or was he wrong? Have you received tribute from a civ you're at war with?

Ongoing tributes will be cancelled if you start a war with the civ; this happens if you attack any of the sites.  I tested that and it happened...  so hopefully it's working.  Though it won't provide a historical event for the cancellation itself, the tribute mentions and 'T' you see on the 'c' screen should go away.

Because of the way diplomatic events are tallied, the parent civ won't currently see that you've made one of their sites a tributary, and so they don't built up negative will over that; the site civ will tally it negative, but they can't start wars with you on their own (I think.)  Correcting that in some way is in the notes, but I wanted to get to administrators first since they'll also have a tribute relationship but it won't be a negative one and it'll involve your own civ...  best to pick through those brambles all at once, since it's not too far away.

You also can't successfully demand tribute from somebody you are at war with (it just turns into a fight).  You also can't ask for peace yet yourself, or claim victory and demand tribute as a way of 'winning' after breaking a siege.  Hopefully we can get to some of that too.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:04:54 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2018, 01:24:55 pm »

Demand tribute is ignored if you're already at war. As Toady just said in the Announcements thread. You just get in a fight. There's no stop war and demand tribute option yet.

Or was he wrong? Have you received tribute from a civ you're at war with?

Do Elves bring you animals as tribute?

Also I feel like my "Beginning of Time" worldgen options may want to change a bit, so there are bigger/more populations for me to raid.

As opposed to mostly ~50 population settlements with the odd ~100 here and there.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2018, 07:10:02 pm »

One of my old forts has been raided by an elven army. After a badass last stand fight, the 300 man fortress survived with...10 people give or take. Legends confirms everyone is dead. Went in adventure mode to check...and everyone is still alive, somehow. Can't talk to them, but they are still there doing their stuff. Probably sure it's a bug, but do anyone had the same problem?
Pages: 1 [2] 3