Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Chromatic Spirits RPG: Ghosts to Gods (Chapter 2 - Strange Creatures) (Round 8)  (Read 31149 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Chromatic Spirits RPG: Ghosts to Gods (Chapter 2 - Strange Creatures)
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2018, 02:07:46 pm »

Hey Indigo, permission to have Cole as the guy who believes in me? He fits my plans.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2018, 02:12:16 pm »

Hey Indigo, permission to have Cole as the guy who believes in me? He fits my plans.
Sure, that works.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2018, 02:15:42 pm »

Aw, I was hoping to make it to him. :|

Guess I'll content myself with the library patrons, though.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2018, 02:21:44 pm »

You could be another blue mage and we could be the geek pair.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2018, 02:25:46 pm »

Belief isn't exclusive.  It just means someone believes you exist.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2018, 02:27:02 pm »

Does Rosa believe I exist?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2018, 02:35:51 pm »

She suspects something is up, but isn't quite sure.

No One and Shah are both kind of unusual cases that have some similarities.  I won't reveal more than that.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2018, 02:41:03 pm »

Cole had always been the smartest kid among his peers. He had gotten the best grades in his class, known all kinds of interesting things, and wanted to share and help. He had loved reading, but he had also loved talking about what he read. Unfortunately, some of the others didn't like that. They didn't like that he was smarter than them, so they latched on to what he was worse at than them, he wasn't athletic, and he wasn't very brave, and they used that. They teased him about it, bullied him, until no one wanted to talk to him, so he turned away. He became quiet, he didn't talk, he kept to himself and his books. He read and read, when he ran out of books, he read his textbooks, and he could remember them all. When he couldn't find anything else to read, he began to write. He found that he was a gifted writer, and so, he kept writing, and he found something happening. He would write, and think up unrelated things, and suddenly, they would all fall into place to make a masterwork. The character he wrote the most, was Quill, a heroic young blue mage in training. Quill was everything he wanted to be, he was tall, he was athletic, he was brave, and he was charismatic. Quill would fight back against bullies, and defeat villains. Soon enough, he started believing that Quill was helping him write his story, giving him the parts that fell into place, and thanks to belief, it became so. But Quill didn't just want to be written, he wanted to help his writer. And so, despite Cole not knowing it, Quill started on a mission Cole could never imagine, to help Cole become everything Quill was, everything he could be.

Quill is tall. He has messy black hair and striking blue eyes. He has muscles, but is no warrior. He solves problems with his wits, and with a quick tongue.

I'll admit, I'm projecting a bit onto Cole, but based on how little we've seen of him, I think this fits.

Oh! Just got one of those awesome inspiration shots that I based Quill on. Just as blue magic lets you see the future, Quill see's himself as Cole's future, or atleast, a possible one.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 02:55:37 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2018, 03:02:04 pm »

Huh, looking forward to how Cole plays out. I like the character concept. I am also at the Great Academy of Magic, so I suppose we will probably bump into each other at some point.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2018, 03:05:12 pm »

Thank you, looking forward to playing him. It's kind of a little inceptionesque, as I'm writing a character based on me, who's writing a character based on him.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2018, 04:03:41 pm »

No One and Shah are both kind of unusual cases that have some similarities.  I won't reveal more than that.
Just sent a PM to this effect, then forgot if my wording was right, and then realized that I don’t have any reason to keep speculation secret.

We’re both forgotten, once-powerful spirits, aren’t we.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2018, 04:06:03 pm »

Just sent a PM to this effect, then forgot if my wording was right, and then realized that I don’t have any reason to keep speculation secret.

We’re both forgotten, once-powerful spirits, aren’t we.
That was my guess as well.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2018, 04:08:22 pm »

I figured the same about Shaa, but I didn’t connect it with No Name. Fits well though, considering it.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2018, 06:08:50 pm »

Hey Indigo? Do you think Quill fits better as a pure blue trickster, or a cyan guide?

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2018, 07:02:22 pm »

With their goal to lead Cole to success and achieving their goals, they seem kind of like a guide. But it depends on how you want them to act, so...
Edit: Sorry to have responded when you asked someone else. Thinking about it, that may be a little rude.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:03:55 pm by Kamani »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16