Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Chromatic Spirits RPG: Ghosts to Gods (Chapter 2 - Strange Creatures) (Round 8)  (Read 31142 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(any input on the character I submitted?)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile

I suppose I’ll spirit bond too. No cost to it, and it might be beneficial. I suppose I’ll also encourage Esme to socialize with Abelia and Kevin especially. Considering I already know the two, getting to know them better may be a good idea. You never know when you’ll need a friend.

I wonder if I’ll actually want to take a corporeal form. Being a small harmless animal may be more of a downside than an upside. What happens to you if your corporeal form dies?

I don’t have any opinions on Ghastly Grim until I see the direction you take them. Hard to have a clear opinion until then.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

I just hope that Grim doesn't join The Red Team. Also, I think you need to switch the colors for spared and taken. Spared is benevolence, so it should be geeen, and taken is violence, so it should be red.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

I just hope that Grim doesn't join The Red Team. Also, I think you need to switch the colors for spared and taken. Spared is benevolence, so it should be geeen, and taken is violence, so it should be red.
Nonono, the “debt for lives spared” is “he was hired to kill someone for not killing someone”, while “debt for lives taken” is “he was hired to kill someone that’s been killing people”. Makes sense?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile

I do rather feel that 4 people running around commuting murders would be excessive. But they could also be taken in other ways. Debts for lives taken was interesting, for example.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Nonono, the “debt for lives spared” is “he was hired to kill someone for not killing someone”, while “debt for lives taken” is “he was hired to kill someone that’s been killing people”. Makes sense?
Ok, thanks, that makes sense.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vigil is not into murder it is all about justice and protection  (through excessively brutal  murder )

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Vigil is not into murder it is all about justice and protection  (through excessively brutal  murder )
Vigil isn't on The Red Team, it's Grue, Aximodus, and the Poultrygeist.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

I wonder if I’ll actually want to take a corporeal form. Being a small harmless animal may be more of a downside than an upside. What happens to you if your corporeal form dies?

A corporeal form generally increases your gameplay options and ability to directly influence the world, since you can move and act without using specific abilities.
It does make you less stealthy though, in the sense that non-corporeals can only be detected through magical means (unless they choose to act.)
If a corporeal form dies, you revert to a non-corporeal form.  You can regenerate later for a variable cost that scales based on your corporeal form's general size and power level.

(any input on the character I submitted?)
I just hope that Grim doesn't join The Red Team.

I'm getting more of a revenant vibe.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, thanks, that makes sense.
Well I mean that is pretty much it, he doesn't just kill people, he only goes to stuff like violence and torment if they refuse to offer what was deemed an equal repayment(unless a persons life was deemed the only thing). And debt for lives spared was meant more like a more literal interpretation of "I owe you my life" but I suppose it can also refer to not killing people you where supposed to kill.

I'm getting more of a revenant vibe.
Kinda I suppose, granted he's not doing any vengeance for things done to himself really, unless of course you skimped out on paying for his services, but he did get hired to avenge people fairly often. Of course, a spirit doesn't have much use for money, but something else could be figured out.

So does that mean he's accepted?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 10:37:26 am by Failbird105 »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Yeah kinda, granted he's not doing any vengeance for things done to himself really, unless of course you skimped out on paying for his services, but he did get hired to avenge people fairly often. Of course, a spirit doesn't have much use for money, but something else could be figured out.
A revenant is something that comes back from the dead, doesn't have anything to do with revenge.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Just wondering, is there any ETA for the next update?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Just wondering, is there any ETA for the next update?

Probably a few days, busy with other projects right now.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah kinda, granted he's not doing any vengeance for things done to himself really, unless of course you skimped out on paying for his services, but he did get hired to avenge people fairly often. Of course, a spirit doesn't have much use for money, but something else could be figured out.
A revenant is something that comes back from the dead, doesn't have anything to do with revenge.
Revenants are a type of undead that comes back from the dead through sheer force of will, commonly because they want revenge on whoever killed them. While a corpse could come back from the dead as a zombie by magic, a revenant doesn't need magic and their desire makes them tougher and more enduring than most undeads.
If a revenant fulfills it's purpose though, it instantly dies because they lost their "anchor" and will to continue living.
Most revenants exist because of vengance and once they find their killer, they suck the blood out of their victim until it dies.

Some of this might be wrong, though. I didn't research a lot about revenants.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Revenants are a type of undead that comes back from the dead through sheer force of will, commonly because they want revenge on whoever killed them. While a corpse could come back from the dead as a zombie by magic, a revenant doesn't need magic and their desire makes them tougher and more enduring than most undeads.
If a revenant fulfills it's purpose though, it instantly dies because they lost their "anchor" and will to continue living.
Most revenants exist because of vengance and once they find their killer, they suck the blood out of their victim until it dies.

Some of this might be wrong, though. I didn't research a lot about revenants.
I have no idea where you got any of that. None of that is consistent with the actual stories or the source of the term revenant. Is this some D&D thing or something?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16