Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Abandoned Flasks and Quivers  (Read 559 times)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Abandoned Flasks and Quivers
« on: March 19, 2018, 05:41:30 am »

My dwarves have been scattering their flasks, waterskins, and quivers all about. The objects are unowned, and forbidden. The flasks and waterskins generally have booze in them.

It's not a big problem to spot and unforbid them, to get them back in circulation. But I haven't found a mention of it in the wiki or bug tracker. Has anyone else seen this?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abandoned Flasks and Quivers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 06:20:52 am »

No, but militia that swap between on duty and off duty have the bad habit of dropping their food (or storing it in their chests), only to pick up new food when they go on training again. Because of that, my militia does not carry food (and thus no backpacks). I have no trouble with their vials, though (apart from them not upgrading to higher quality ones).

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 11:57:12 am »

My dwarves have been scattering their flasks, waterskins, and quivers all about.

That's probably a uniform conflict. Military dwarves should have the mining, woodcutting, and hunting labors disabled to avoid dropping equipment when going off-duty.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 06:54:42 pm »

I've seen a dozen or so flasks auto-forbidden when the 'o' 'F' 'i' setting was "Forbid your death items" and military units were either upgrading uniforms or changing back to civilian clothes. I didn't pin down what was causing it.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 04:46:22 am »

I've seen a dozen or so flasks auto-forbidden when the 'o' 'F' 'i' setting was "Forbid your death items" and military units were either upgrading uniforms or changing back to civilian clothes. I didn't pin down what was causing it.
I bet that's it! I was set to forbid death items. It makes a weird kind of sense.