Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: make zoom to location scaled to tileset  (Read 900 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
make zoom to location scaled to tileset
« on: March 19, 2018, 09:01:35 am »

when using a tileset/graphicset, the zoom to location has a huge offest to the actual event/creature.
this even prevented me from linking pressureplates to a bridges.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: make zoom to location scaled to tileset
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 09:11:47 am »

Everybody uses a tileset (except the one or two players who use text mode in their Linux terminals). Vanilla is set to use the tileset "curses_640x300.png".
Seems to work too (I play with a different 20x20 set).
Are you sure it's not a bug with TWBT or some other graphical add on?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 09:14:05 am by Shonai_Dweller »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 12:14:44 pm »

TWBT seems to cause zooming to miss the target, but wriggling the cursor, e.g. up/down, seems to cause it to find the location. The nice features of TWBT is worth that for me, however.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 12:29:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure this is TWBT-specific, and zooming works as intended in vanilla DF with a tileset.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 04:54:39 am »

okay, then i'll ask in the TWBT-Thread.
maybe it is because i use a 5:4 screen 1280x1024 with mephs32x32 and curses640x480 to fit the menu on the screen while still being able to see a big enough portion of the scene.
so it might be the difference between curses and mephs that causes this behaviour.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 08:43:37 am »

okay, then i'll ask in the TWBT-Thread.
maybe it is because i use a 5:4 screen 1280x1024 with mephs32x32 and curses640x480 to fit the menu on the screen while still being able to see a big enough portion of the scene.
so it might be the difference between curses and mephs that causes this behaviour.

Yeah, that's definetly overkill for your monitor's resolution. Try Meph24x24 with a 16x24 font.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 09:01:45 am »

i like being able to zoom in and see the detail. for working purposes, i zoom out so it looks like 24x24 or 16x16. and so far the only problem is the jumping to a location/event stuff