Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dark Souls mod for DF 0.44.x  (Read 2407 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Dark Souls mod for DF 0.44.x
« on: March 19, 2018, 09:35:53 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13593 <--- download link

Do you like the Dark Souls series? Do you like dying a lot to the same boss, and slowly losing your humanity? Do you like getting invaded and immediately decapitated?

Perhaps more importantly, would you like all of that in Dwarf Fortress?

This mod adds a number of creatures, weapons, and civilizations from the Dark Souls I, Dark Souls III, and Demon's Souls universes. Currently, this mod contains the following

5 new civs, including the stoic and silent Silver Knights, the powerful and somewhat outgoing Undead Legion, the insane and roving Hollows, the intimidating and barbaric Ghrus, and the powerful Darkwraiths.
12 new creatures, such as the firey crabs from Smouldering Lake and the Undead Dogs that appear in all installments to the series.
24 new weapons, such as the Black Knight Sword and the Dragonslayer Spear.
3 new ranged weapons: the arbalest, a heavy but powerful crossbow, and two greatbows that fire unique ammunition.
5 new unique helms, including the iconic Pinwheel Masks and the Xanthous Crown.
4 new armor sets, such as the tattered garments of the Ghrus, and the bony armor of the Darkwraiths.
1 new semimegabeast, the Armor Spider from Demon's Souls, which can both breathe bursts of fire and spray web in a deadly immolating combo!

Prepare to die and to go beyond death in your own Dwarf Fortress!

Spoiler: How to install (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Coming soon (click to show/hide)

If you find any bugs, please let me know - I just released this mod, and there's a lot of testing to be done.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:05:51 am by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.