Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is this possible to "copy/paste" blueprints?  (Read 8636 times)

Riky

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Is this possible to "copy/paste" blueprints?
« on: May 26, 2018, 09:00:26 am »

Almost every time I am building my fortress I tend to make an "apartment" zone for my dwarfs. That means designating to mine every single room, then putting there bed+chest+door and table with a chair if its a noble.
Is it possible to speed up the process somehow?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Is this possible to "copy/paste" blueprints?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 11:43:26 am »

There may be building tools available, but in vanilla DF, the easiest method is to combine macros with limited access to building materials.

For this sleeping area, a macro was used to dig out the rooms, then the area is smoothed (in progress now).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have not set up a furniture macro yet, but to do it, I would wait for a furniture stockpile to fill up (one z-level above), then lock floor hatches so that when the macro is run, it only can access that furniture stockpile within the locked area (for this case, there would be 12xdoor, and 26xbed, cabinet, and coffer). Limiting access to only the wanted furniture is how you stop the macro from deciding to grab that nearby bag when you want it to use a coffer. Once the furnishing macro is recorded, the ongoing process would be to run the dig macro, 'd' 'b' 'd' the stone, smooth the area, ensure the furniture is in the stockpile, lock the hatches, run the furnish macro, unlock the hatches, let the dwarfs place the furniture and un-suspend the few jobs where dwarfs blocked each other, then run another macro to 'q' "make bedroom", and finally, 'd' 'e' the area. So, three macros to prepare each z-level for 26 common dwarfs.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: Is this possible to "copy/paste" blueprints?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 11:51:34 am »

There is at least one 3rd party utility called Quickfort, that is supposed to use some sort of blueprints. I haven't use it personaly so I don't how useful it is but it might be what you are looking for.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.