Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Legends HF Physical details  (Read 1637 times)

Bimbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legends HF Physical details
« on: March 20, 2018, 06:52:50 pm »

Is there any way to see the details of Historical figures in legends mode? Similar to looking at someone in adventure mode? I think that it would be a nice addition if there isn't.

Bimbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends HF Physical details
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:03:47 pm »

Also, in related historical figures, I think it should include siblings, and other such relations.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 08:10:18 pm »

Also, in related historical figures, I think it should include siblings, and other such relations.
That's included in the overall data Legends gives you, but possibly not yet accessible within Legends Mode. Export the data (x) and open it in an external viewer and you can see the relationships.

Bimbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 08:26:38 pm »

Is there any reason why duels don't give much information as to what actually happened during the fight?

Bimbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 08:34:08 pm »

Oh and random question, I would like to be able to look at a world in legends, while at the same time I have an adventure or fortress game going in that world as well. Are there any plans to make this possible?

bwbill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 08:50:56 pm »

Oh and random question, I would like to be able to look at a world in legends, while at the same time I have an adventure or fortress game going in that world as well.

Here's how I achieve that result currently:
  • Use the Lazy Newb Pack
  • From fortress mode, in DFHack: open-legends
  • Then, in DFHack still: exportlegends all
  • Switch to LNP launcher, Utilities, and run Legends Browser (I'm on Linux so this is my Legends Viewer)
  • Profit!

Bimbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 12:16:04 am »

How do people see things like what weapons historical figures used? Other than when the weapons are artifacts.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 12:47:26 am »

How do people see things like what weapons historical figures used? Other than when the weapons are artifacts.
Items that aren't artifacts aren't created or tracked during worldgen.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Bimbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 11:35:05 am »

Are we able to see angels in Legends mode? Ive had no luck in finding them thus far.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 12:13:27 pm »

No, I think angels are specifically hidden from legends (probably to create more of a fun surprise when they ARE encountered).
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bimbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 02:05:33 pm »

I think that it should be optional to have all information revealed in legends mode. I dislike having it hidden from me, especially on worlds specifically created for viewing in legends mode.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 02:21:44 pm »

I think that it should be optional to have all information revealed in legends mode. I dislike having it hidden from me, especially on worlds specifically created for viewing in legends mode.
Isn't there an option like that in advanced world generation anyway?

"Reveal all Historical Events" or something. Might not apply to angels, though.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 04:53:24 pm »

That said I admit that having access to the individual descriptions of HF in legend mode would be really, really dandy. Descriptions of phenotypes by population, and more information on their culture (what is conscidered native and foreign to them, how do civilians dress, how do soldiers dress, where do soldiers wear their country symbol etc) would be also immensely appreciated

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 05:07:27 pm »

Angels don't become hist-figs until you encounter them in-game. So there's no individual info on them (I think).
That's why vault raiding was so simple before non-hist figs were counted. Actual Angel population info can be viewed from Legends by exporting the population data ('p', I think).
Historical demons, like goblin rulers and such can just be viewed in the historical figures list directly.

Would need more Science to see if Angels who you encounter in-game can be viewed directly in Legends though.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 05:09:38 pm »

No but, let's say I want to know what the ancient king of my country looked like. He's dead for 30 years, his description is not available in Legends. That would be very, very nice if it was
Pages: [1] 2