Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Micro siege  (Read 1121 times)

MorsDux

• Bay Watcher
  • If you only have a hammer, all problems seem nails
    • View Profile
Micro siege
« on: March 21, 2018, 03:20:41 pm »

There was a siege event at my fort with only 1 invader - a dwarf bowman.
I sent out some soldier to deal with him, and the meanwhile i happened upon a goblin thief. Quickly got rid of him too. The "SIEGE" text now doesnt go away, sent patrols out to check map edges for lingering enemy but didnt find any.

Any tips? whats this 1 bowman raid? The previous raid was over 400 goblins.
How do I make the Siege event go away?

h27kim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Micro siege
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 03:40:50 pm »

Occasionally, sieges are known to get "stuck" on the way in (the same thing is known to happen to migrants/caravans too).  There had been discussions about these before, although I can't for the life of me remember what the solutions were.  I think it was definitely a bug.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 02:34:54 am »

Yes, it's definitely a bug. I don't think I've heard of any solution. However, I've recently investigated fix/dead-units.lua, and it seems that script can actually CAUSE the siegers to fail to enter the map if it happens to be run at an unlucky time (the script excludes members of your own civs as well as merchants, and so shouldn't be the cause of problems in those cases). I haven't seen invaders stuck, but I've had visitors and critters.

Are you using that DFHack script (it produces DFHack window output of the type "Units removed from active: X" about once per month in my LNP Performance Tweaks DF fortress)?

If you're using that script, I can try to take a look at your save to see if I can unblock the units (which DF version are you using?) if you can provide a link to the save.

MorsDux

• Bay Watcher
  • If you only have a hammer, all problems seem nails
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 08:55:06 am »

tried the usuals nothing worked, but the siege ended within a few months time.

Pyrite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 05:13:45 pm »

All my sieges so far have had a few units get stuck. It's annoying, but they always go away eventually, and I've taken to using the force caravan command in Dfhack to bypass them.