Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

The adventurer-king: a guide to ruling your own dwarven civ

(1/3) > >>

mispy:
With some careful use of the world activation mechanics, it's possible to set your adventurer up as the monarch of a dwarven civilization (without modding or dfhack).

Step 1: Generate a world with at least one dead dwarven civ

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For this proof of concept, I made a high-savagery pocket region filled with megabeasts. They quickly wiped out every civilized site.

Step 2: Create a fortress

You should see the "your civ is dead or dying" message before embark.

Step 3: Wait for a random dwarf to become king/queen

It should only take a few moments after you unpause. If this doesn't happen, you might need to gen a new world and try again.

Step 4: Retire the fortress and create an adventurer

Since this is a dead world, my only option here is Human Outsider, but any kind of adventurer should work in theory.

Step 5: Retire the adventurer at your fortress, then unretire the fortress

You should now see both your current monarch and your adventurer in the unit list.

Step 6: Arrange for an Unfortunate Accident

Step 7: Profit

Some notes:

* This means it is possible to have your civ ruled by say, an immortal vampire necromancer elephant woman queen. Or a gorlak.
* Theoretically you could do this without a dead civ, it'd just be much more difficult. You'd need to assassinate everyone in the royal line of succession before you.
* To have your adventurer be a full citizen of a fort, you need to become a militia-dwarf before retiring (talk to the militia commander)
* You can unretire the adventurer again at any time and go off on little royal ventures

Hoshiqua:
I'm curious : what are you actually able to do as leader of a civ ? We know what happens when you lead a site-level government entity but civ-level ? Do people react any differently when they talk to you ? How about getting people to follow you to adventure ?

☼Another☼:
This is also possible if you massacre (kill pretty much everyone) in the mountainhome, and you are an adventurer from  that civ.

KittyTac:

--- Quote from: Hoshiqua on March 22, 2018, 03:52:01 pm ---I'm curious : what are you actually able to do as leader of a civ ? We know what happens when you lead a site-level government entity but civ-level ? Do people react any differently when they talk to you ? How about getting people to follow you to adventure ?

--- End quote ---

Nope. You can't control your civ at all. You can't do everything in DF, you know.

Shonai_Dweller:

--- Quote from: KittyTac on March 22, 2018, 09:23:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: Hoshiqua on March 22, 2018, 03:52:01 pm ---I'm curious : what are you actually able to do as leader of a civ ? We know what happens when you lead a site-level government entity but civ-level ? Do people react any differently when they talk to you ? How about getting people to follow you to adventure ?

--- End quote ---

Nope. You can't control your civ at all. You can't do everything in DF, you know.

--- End quote ---
But people on the street will tell you, 'you are king'. That's gotta be worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version