Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: had something weird happen  (Read 1432 times)

ShaveDaWookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
had something weird happen
« on: March 30, 2018, 02:39:17 pm »

hey overseers, two quick questions

year 1059, pop 40, never raided or did anything hostile. started the world at war only with local small gobo civ. Some time recently i looked at the civ screen and im now at war with all known non-dwarf civs. Caravans stopped coming is what tipped me off. Any ideas on why were suddenly so un-popular?

the second question, when i look at the civ screen i see two dwarf civs, one is my home civ that lists my baron, and the other has my expedition leader, and all other positions filled by my dwarfs. I appear to have dwarfs from two differnt civs, one is my native home civ, and the other seems to have been created at game start. Is this odd? i didnt want to go through the trouble of taking pictures if this is normal. Again ive never raided or left my map in any way.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: had something weird happen
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 03:08:38 pm »

It sounds odd. Legends mode ought to provide info on what happened.

Pyrite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 05:00:20 pm »

Check the civ screen after you get your first meeting with an outpost liason, to see if there's any news or rumors. Maybe your parent civ decided to start a bunch of wars?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 05:05:07 pm »

In the civ screen, one is your civ, the other is your group, lead by your expedition leader. It's completely normal. Should be indented to make that clear. Maybe your tileset is being weird.

Wars start. The world doesn't revolve around your fortress. You need to check Legends you find out what's going on. Or try to work it out from the news on the map screen.

ShaveDaWookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 06:07:12 pm »

thanks, ill dig through the legends and see if we can get a good story out of this

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 03:13:50 pm »

PTW
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 02:17:52 pm »

Well, the world only stops ´turning around your fort when you let it ;) Still though, world activation and the new civ screen is awesome!
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Lenny Zicree

• Bay Watcher
  • I, accidentally ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 06:45:42 am »

my money's on wagon killing trees.
beware the green menace!

don't cook what you can brew