Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bug? Dwarves Stuck in Loop Carryng Dead Between Coffin and Refuse Stockpile  (Read 1622 times)

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like the title says, there are two particular corpses that my dwarves will carry from the refuse pile to a coffin assigned to the dead dwarf. However, as soon as they reach the coffin, the pick up the corpse right away and take it right back to the refuse pile.

Does anyone know what's going on here or how to fix it?

Other information:
It's likely the corpses were reanimated at one point.
The corpses are mangled partial skeletons.
The corpses use what appears to be the dead human graphic (I am using Meph's tileset with TWBT through the LNP).
I am absolutely sure that these are dwarf corpses.

The corpse of one states "Avuz Lolorlun," it is covered in "Avuz Lettercloudy's dwarf blood" lolorlun means lettercloudy (checked using the translator https://lingojam.com/DwarfFortressDwarven).
The second dwarf has the same mismatch between the blood and the dwarf's name.

The second dwarf's grave contains his second finger, left hand, so something was able to be put in his grave at some point.
The first dwarf's grave, on the other hand, is empty.

I know I could just atomsmash the corpses and engrave a slab, but I would like to figure out this weird problem, both for myself and for !!SCIENCE!!.

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New information: Even after disabling corpses from my refuse pile (which was dual refuse and corpses), the  dwarf corpses are still brought back to that stockpile.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, it's a known bug that reanimated corpses of citizens are both "refuse" and remains to be put to rest. I think a similar issue can occur for weres, although the applicable stockpile out to be the corpse one (as weres ought to be considered to be sapient, although crazed ones).

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess that explains one of issues. I'll write down any more developments as they occur.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If the finger was chopped off from the dorf while still alive (i.e. before reanimation) it would explain why it was buried properly.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've had this, too. Body parts never got put into the coffins. And this is in a reanimating biome, so that's probably relevant.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As far as I understand, reanimation requires the part to have grasp or bite, so it would be the parts attached to hands and head. Skin and hair are sort of the whole body (until killed and split into parts representing parts of the body, where typically only the head ones can reanimate a second time (hooves have very poor grasp...).