Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Nostalgic Going-Ons Thread  (Read 40069 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgic Going-Ons Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2018, 03:12:47 pm »

I mean hey, it comes with the territory. Tis better than many places though.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2018, 05:08:54 pm »

I believe we get very emotionally invested in our little corner of the internet.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2018, 06:48:02 pm »

I believe we get very emotionally invested in our little corner of the internet.

Ya, not to go in circles, but most of the bad arguments pretty much only resonate from the Ameripol thread, long-term bad relationships between the community at large and a specific member (like with Neonivek), and only the occasional frivolous much-ado-about-nothing like over in the TWS thread (now mercifully locked).
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2018, 07:02:12 pm »

I sort of remember one forum game maker who would go through insane efforts to do pixel art flash .gifs in order to make the attacks of players show up on the screen.
The one I was following was some sort of crossover game. Someone was bowser, and Caellath (who, let's be honest is an FGRP icon) was playing 'normal isekai dude'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2018, 07:18:09 pm »

I can only hope the Ameripol thread will got locked again, hopefully with the topic banned this time. That place always ends up being a cesspool of arguments and flames.

I realized I'm happier if I don't even look at it, but it keeps popping up in the "new replies" page, so I can't 100% forget that it exists.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2018, 07:19:52 pm »

How many formgoers got banned because of Ameripol? At least 10, right?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2018, 07:20:41 pm »

I will proudly carry the trophy of being partially responsible this time.

Or take a real unpleasant ban.

I will accept the Great One's wrath gratefully.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2018, 07:21:59 pm »

It’s this curious issue where both sides clash opinions but neither ever changes them.
You’d think after this long people would become more... moderate?
But they only seem to get louder until they’re banned.

I guess I’m very lucky that American politics... well, not “doesn’t affect me”, but can’t be affected by me.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2018, 07:23:48 pm »

I will proudly carry the trophy of being partially responsible this time.

Same here, but it's certainly been worse than this. This seems borderline civil, really.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2018, 07:26:16 pm »

This seems borderline civil, really.
Off to the OOCQ thread you go!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2018, 07:40:27 pm »

Forum newbie, 'bout two years I think, but I'm PTWing anyway because I enjoy reading about the shenanigans that happened when this forum was younger. If anyone finds a link/screenshot of either the Nexus or Patreon forum game thread, could you please send it to me?

Call me selfish, but I really want to become one of those ole and respected forum elders who are known by pretty much everybody for their accomplishments. I'd like being well known someplace, if only on a Internet forum and not in real life.
This, although I know I'll never achieve this, as I continue to fail to go beyond lurking for the most part...
EDIT: Let's all be glad we aren't the armor games forum, that thing is deader then dead, May it rest in peace *sad*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2018, 08:25:28 pm »

AmeriPol doesn't deserve to be banned, it's the responsibility of the posters themselves for getting banned. I doubt I'd even stick around if AmeriPol was banned, it's the only thread I regularly participate in anymore.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2018, 09:35:06 pm »

Call me selfish, but I really want to become one of those ole and respected forum elders who are known by pretty much everybody for their accomplishments.
Accomplishment and forum-specific fame don't go hand in hand. You can and often do have one without the other.

Someone like Meph or Japa would be well known on DF Reddit, I imagine, even if they didn't post there. Neovenik however...

I'm still curious as to what happened to Neon, as the moderation reason is really vague and I wasn't part of the original situation that called for it at all.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2018, 09:40:45 pm »

I feel like the problem with the ameripol thread in 2016 was a lack of moderation. Nobody wanted to lock the thread until things got too heated, at which point Toady would step in and hand out (not unearned) complementary bans. The only reason it's been so calm in there for the past few months, imo, is because most of the people with tempers bad enough to get the boot have either stopped going there or have already been banned.
Call me selfish, but I really want to become one of those ole and respected forum elders who are known by pretty much everybody for their accomplishments.
Accomplishment and forum-specific fame don't go hand in hand. You can and often do have one without the other.

Someone like Meph or Japa would be well known on DF Reddit, I imagine, even if they didn't post there. Neovenik however...

I'm still curious as to what happened to Neon, as the moderation reason is really vague and I wasn't part of the original situation that called for it at all.
Same sort of thing as he was always doing. You know the thing... because if you're talking about this, you HAVE to know. Because Neonivek... always had the same kind of arguments. But this time the thing was the last straw.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2018, 09:48:56 pm »

It was very much a 'straw that broke the camel's back' kind of situation, yes. Not a lot but along with everything else they said/did it was enough.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11