Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Nostalgic Going-Ons Thread  (Read 39703 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgic Going-Ons Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2018, 10:05:52 pm »

I actually saw him on Reddit once, as well, under the same name.
Same. I think it might have been on /r/Rimworld or something?

In other nostalgic news:

Huh, I just realised I apparently registered on Halloween. That's spooky as heck. 
:o

Edit: Apparently Bdthemag hasn't been online since 2016.
:'(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2018, 11:14:52 pm »

Ameripol is way more informative and civil than political talk on most of the internet.  It's one of the main reasons I stick around, too. 

And I disdain the "nobody ever changes their minds" stuff people always say about internet arguments.  People do change their minds, and the interactions are meaningful.  It's just unrealistic to expect instant results.  Most anyone who holds their political beliefs deeply enough to argue about them isn't going to easily just up and publicly abandon their world view because somebody made a point.  It takes continual reinforcement and a decent amount of time for someone to adjust the righteous tangled mess that is self-image and worldview into new configurations that are healthily compatible.

I've gained a lot of perspective and knowledge through political discussion here.  While my basic political beliefs have not drastically changed, I credit Bay12 with challenging me to be more critical, less reactionary, and express myself with greater care.  I'm pretty sure I've seen the same in many others through my time here.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2018, 11:21:21 pm »

... are you guys reading the same Ameripol thread I am? Because it looks perfectly civil to me right now. I'm not sure how much more civility you could want? Should... should we be wearing monocles and trading crumpets? :P

(ETA: well, okay, on second thought, redwallzyl, sure, I guess I don't actually read his posts anymore, but everyone else is doing fine)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 11:22:58 pm by Maximum Spin »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2018, 11:26:39 pm »

It's got its peaks and troughs.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2018, 11:31:41 pm »

Maybe it's a hair trigger thing now.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2018, 07:43:48 am »

Back when who was banned?
Black lives matter.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2018, 07:45:12 am »

Back when who was banned?
The actual TV show My Little Pony. Let it's name never be mentioned again on these forums.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2018, 07:48:16 am »

Oh, how did I lose that!?
In a time before time, I had a name.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2018, 07:49:14 am »

but you just said it
Black lives matter.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2018, 07:53:32 am »

but you just said it
?
Maybe my lack of avatar is starting to show it's consequences.
In a time before time, I had a name.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2018, 07:58:58 am »

not you, doomblade
too lazy to quote

its
Black lives matter.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2018, 08:16:13 am »

You know, I just remembered back when MLP was banned from the forums. Can't recall the reasoning behind it, but something like 4 threads got locked and a lot of their comments purged after they all broke the rules, and Toady basically said "If you so much as start talking about that program, there will be consequences"

Yeah, that was a formative moment in my experience of Bay12, partly because it came pretty early in my tenure here and partly because I launched an MLP themed community fort the very day Toady locked the last thread and banned further discussion on it.  He never seemed to care about the community game though.

The problem, from what I recall, was that people were spamming the thread with images, and some people just could not help themselves but to post images skirting the forum rules.  I'm pretty sure picture spam is against the rules already, but they were getting dangerously on the side of sexual material, and things like that.  I hardly blame Toady for banning it after that, since locking the previous threads and issuing warnings wasn't working.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2018, 10:21:41 am »

Speaking of controversial topics, anyone remember that forum game with incest in it? That was quite the interesting moment in bay12 history. It was surprising to see how many people were cool with it.

Of course there was everyone else, and watching the whole mess unfold was absolutely hilarious.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2018, 10:34:07 am »

What
Black lives matter.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2018, 10:38:29 am »

Speaking of controversial topics, anyone remember that forum game with incest in it? That was quite the interesting moment in bay12 history. It was surprising to see how many people were cool with it.

Of course there was everyone else, and watching the whole mess unfold was absolutely hilarious.
I don't remember this, but thinking about it... I'm not surprised people were okay with it. Given the landscape of the internet adult entertainment sites.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11