Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Wanderlust v3 - ASCII with Personality [16x16/12x12] NEW: Mini Set!  (Read 118729 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderlust v3 - ASCII with Personality [16x16/12x12] NEW: Mini Set!
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2020, 08:05:49 pm »

Threw together an account to make a post here- I'm running into a little issue with the set that wasn't a problem when I played DF some time ago and I couldn't figure out a fix..

I want to use the special dwarf/elf/etc tiles, but when I set Graphics:yes to enable them the O tile for tree trunks/pillars becomes invisible.
I'm using the lazynewb pack and was worried something in there was conflicting, but the same thing happens when I plug the tileset into a fresh DF download.

Edit- It seems changing the graphics_fonts in the download to read wanderlust.png instead of curses_square fixes the O without any apparent problems?

Yes, you need to use Wanderlust as your Graphics_Font with this pack. Wanderlust makes use of a tile that is normally blank for the tree trunk.

Here's what I would do to use Wanderlust Dwarves with Curses in a Lazy New Pack:
  • Open the /LNP/Graphics/Wanderlust/ folder of your Lazy Newb Pack.
  • Open Wanderlust's /data/init/ folder and delete "d_init.txt"
  • Open Wanderlust's /raw/ folder and delete the "objects" folder.
  • Use the Lazy Newb Pack software to reinstall Wanderlust into your save file.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2022, 01:41:07 pm »

Not that this tileset needed any improvements, but I added the Duerer hash overlay to Wanderlust.  It came out with a pretty interesting texture effect.

Always liked this tileset, too.  So easy to read!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AllergicToMyself

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2022, 05:28:58 pm »

With the loss of the DFFD database, would anyone happen to have a mirror of this lovely tileset?

Nevermind, I am dumb, found it in jecowa's github. I'd have been so bummed if I couldn't use this, it's so pleasant to look at.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 10:03:48 pm by AllergicToMyself »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]