Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Deniable Assets Race-Thantro Technologies Strategic Command  (Read 10136 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Deniable Assets Race-Thantro Technologies Strategic Command
« on: March 26, 2018, 05:45:16 pm »

Core thread

See the Core Thread for rules and cross-nation discussion. If you're actively participating in the other team, please don't look any further than the OP.

((Fluff about the appearance of your headquarters will be posted here once you describe it))

The date is January, 1983. The Design Phase of January has begun. Please submit a single design and vote on whether you want to focus on magic or technology. Once you have chosen, you will able to do two additional designs with a +1 to both cost and effectiveness as long as they align with the chosen starting focus.
You also should write some fluff about how your corporation operates, if you are feeling up to it.

Spoiler: Starting equipment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:50:19 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deniable Assets Race-Thantro Technologies Strategic Command
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 05:57:50 pm »

In for Thantro Technologies.

Voting for a focus on magic. Thantro is too damn similar to Thanatos to not start throwing around death magic.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 06:13:09 pm »

Hi, yes, I'm here too.

And clearly we need to go for a nice consistent Cybermagictechpunk theme. Or in other words, cyberpunk tech directly powered by/working with magic.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 06:14:18 pm »

Magic seems like a fine choice.

Although the possibility of throwing around cyberware is tempting.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 06:53:15 pm »

Magic seems good to me.

Magic (1): Happerry
Technology (0):
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 07:16:13 pm »

I'll join here, and because sorcery, I vote for the magic.

Magic seems good to me.

Magic (2): Happerry, Doubloon-Seven
Technology (0):

For the gun pre-1980, Gyrojets, anyone? Magic bolters seem good.

Avanti!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 01:13:20 am »

Magic (3): Happerry, Doubloon-Seven, Rockeater
Technology (0):
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 01:17:26 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 04:35:55 am »

Magic (4): Happerry, Doubloon-Seven, Rockeater, Talion
Technology (0):

I think pursuing some detection/divination ability would be worthwhile.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 08:58:10 am »

Just for your information. You need to make a starting design before your turn goes through.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 11:54:18 am »

You inform your XO of the intent to focus on magic. She nods and promises to route additional resources to your design team for the purpose of doing two extra designs, along with your normal design, in the space normally given one.

It is still the Design Phase of January. You may submit three designs, two of which will receive a +1 if they center on magic. (Please specify)
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 12:18:36 pm »

Scrying
This spell makes use of a glass ball to act as a focus, allowing the mage to witness locations from a distance. Teams using this scouting spell can increase their knowledge of the terrain they are fighting on, working out ideal routes through buildings before they even begin the mission.

Ward
The caster slowly builds up a barrier that blocks magic from passing through. When a spell strikes the ward; it weakens as it cancels out the effect of the spell. The ward is detectable to mages and thus it is obvious when it weakens under the impact of a spell.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 12:36:04 pm »

Do we need magic defense now when ordinary guns are still effective?
Maybe we could make one that work against physical damage?

Edit: I will put my suggestion here

Black screen
When a caster use this spell the area infront of the caster prevent light moving from his side to the other while not preventing light moving the other way, also work on ifra red.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 02:51:17 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 02:42:18 pm »

Well, have a few magical ideas for people to vote on.

Ghost Bullets
Bullets have an unfortunate tendency to hit solid objects and not penetrate them. Ghosts have the ability to bypass solid objects and kill the living things behind them. Therefor, what we need to invent are Ghost Bullets, which can penetrate annoying cover and body armor and then kill the enemy behind them. Perhaps bullets can be converted into ghosts through ceremonially killing them? Or maybe we'll need to invent some new ghost ores to forge them from, or perhaps some sort of spell can be invented that can invert things into the underworld for a short while.

Video Game Pockets
So, in video games, the main character can always carry along a whole armies worth of stuff in their back pocket. Let's replicate that. While there were some suggestions of things like attached pocket dimensions or such, the easiest way is probably to enchant the pocket to be bigger on the inside then the outside. Being bigger on the inside is seen in a lot of fantasy settings, so it's worth checking out, and who doesn't want to be able to fit a full rocket launcher into their back pocket? When this project is done, it should help a lot in smuggling, both of shiny profitable things and of weapons past enemy guards, as well as allowing our agents to carry far more gear.

Holographic Computer
For ages now, they've been telling us that the next step in computer systems will be optical computers, which use light to do computer stuff. There's a form of magic that uses light to make false images and so on. It seems to me that there's a point where those two concepts meet. After all, what does it matter if the signals are fake as long as they lasts long enough to talk to other computers and pass on the optical speed calculations to them? So let's make an illusionary computer that is both made out of light and runs on light instead of electricity. The Optical Revolution will be ours!

Was reminded we have have 1980-1990 level tech right now instead of 20?? level tech.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 02:45:46 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 03:38:03 pm »

Quote from: Voting
Ghost Bullets (0):
Video Game Pockets (1): Doubloon-Seven
Black Screen (0):
Scrying (0):
Ward (0):
Seems just generally useful, and is for one a thing that can only really be done mystically.

Avanti!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 03:39:49 pm »

remember, your bonus only applies to two of your three designs this turn, specify which ones.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10