Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If given the choice between this game and another game run by me... What would you want?

I still like Gridhood Bay12 edition despite its shortcomings
- 13 (81.3%)
The Gridland Survival sequel thing
- 2 (12.5%)
Fleshmancy! (It would require a smaller playerbase however)
- 1 (6.3%)
An RPG game about players being demigods.
- 0 (0%)
Something else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70

Author Topic: Gridhood: Bay12 edition. Its definitely dead now.  (Read 90107 times)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Bay12 edition.
« Reply #1005 on: June 22, 2018, 04:24:54 pm »

The Hamptons
3 hams farm the farmland at J10 with 3 junk tools
5 hams build wooden housing with 2 junk tools
2 forest rangers research Booze

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 22, 2018, 04:31:37 pm »

The patterian minds act
1 person puts fertilizer on the farm at H2 (the one labor that is required)
5 people with junk tools farm h2
4 people research scholars.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 23, 2018, 12:28:55 pm »

Ok wow. I really don't feel like doing an update today... This might be the end of Gridhood: Bay12 edition.

Edit: I'm going to give KittyTac an opportunity to change their action. Copyrighted things are a huge no-no in this game. The attempt to make a cat-base or whatever just completely knocked the update wind out of me. Spent a bit of time trying to think of an elegant way to just decline it in an update post, but couldn't because copyright wasn't an official game rule until now.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 12:43:07 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 23, 2018, 12:55:55 pm »

Ok wow. I really don't feel like doing an update today... This might be the end of Gridhood: Bay12 edition.

Edit: I'm going to give KittyTac an opportunity to change their action. Copyrighted things are a huge no-no in this game. The attempt to make a cat-base or whatever just completely knocked the update wind out of me. Spent a bit of time trying to think of an elegant way to just decline it in an update post, but couldn't because copyright wasn't an official game rule until now.

Make it a cat that's used to deploy bases.
it's over

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 23, 2018, 02:23:12 pm »

Arutz
5  farm d4 with 5 farming junk tools
4 research stone tools
5 research tribal leadership
1 sets fire to C5 with 1 sharpened stone, just to see what happens
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 23, 2018, 04:26:19 pm »

If you're not having fun, make it fun.  Or let it die.  No need to look for excuses.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 23, 2018, 05:10:53 pm »

Its not so much about it being unfun as it is about updating the game being tedious and gradually getting to be even more tedious. The only fix for that I can think of (aside from massively depopulating the world when the whole point of the game is populating the world) would be to get a co-host or something. Which I guess isn't completely out of the question.

On an unrelated note, if there are any fans of my work who are thinking of making a forum game but aren't necessarily interested in hosting something that uses my traditional ugly calculator grid format, I do have some other ideas based on some of my failed projects in the past and games I played in the past that died far too early.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:34:15 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 25, 2018, 08:08:28 pm »

Turn 48 - Agrarian Age

Spoiler: Tiles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)
The game lives! Update speed is probably reduced though. So thats a bit of pessimism for the game's future.

Also, loyalty was implemented in an absolutely terrible way. All civilizations with loyalty values have been changed to reflect how it would be under the new methods. More loyalty loss for high growth in a single turn was a bad idea, I'm stopping that now. Base loyalty will now be -5% for each civilian above 10 before other modifiers. I think its better if this one isn't secret, but don't worry. There are other loyalty related secrets that are less bullshit.

For the sake of making game updates a bit smoother, construction on a tool can no longer begin unless you have enough resources to make the tool at the BEGINNING of the construction. It can still take place over several turns. All tools already in progress are grandfathered exceptions to this rule.

Oh, and double check things. If you noticed me deducting 15FP for what should have been a 10FP interactive tile, let me know and you could get a refund for that. I think I did that at least once.

Godly behaviors of particular note
Gilbert does not have the 13FP required to replace a special tile with an active volcano interactive tile. (The 5FP nitro-volcano variant was a dormant volcano).

Also worthy of note is that you CAN take more than one action on a single tile in a single turn. Thus you can replace with a regular tile (Type is irrelevant) and then replace with a special tile all in one turn. Bit more expensive though. This has also been used to change and protect a tile in one turn.

Snag could not interact with D11 because Gilbert still beat him to it. (Its cheating to intentionally "block" a tile with invalid actions, but I think 0cra_tr0per genuinely didn't realize the cost of what he wanted to do and I didn't think to correct him when I yelled at Felius. So... yeah. This is a fine mess here. I'm sure the smarter god will win in the end though.)

Err... Sorry about that Felius. You didn't do anything bad, I was just grumpy at the time. Just because I'm vetoing the cat base, doesn't mean that some other kind of cat can't go combat the Zebras in some way.

The Nirii Dominion
4 Nidos farm at C2 using wooden tools to collect 18 food
4 Nidos create Wood Woodcutting tools* using junk tools. This is surely the best item name yet.
2 Nidos harvest wood at D2 using junk woodcutting tools to collect 4 wood
5 Nidos research Farming Tools to complete the tech!
2 Nidos begin research on feasting. But food cannot be allocated to it because they didn't... Umm.. Research anything that would let them do such a thing.

Cultivating of Beans
3 Beaners farm at K1 to collect 7 food
3 Beaners farm at J1 using a junk tool to collect 9 food
1 Beaner prays to Blarg
1 Beaner researches Shamanism
2 Beaners research Swamp Herbology.

The Cultivating of Beans needs a food producing tile that they can make a farm on of special tier or greater. Thats not an actual thing they requested. The GM is just pointing out what I thought they should have asked Blarg for... Twenty or so turns ago?

Drecthul Commonwealth
4 Drecs farm at B7 using stone farming tools to collect 23 food
6 Drecs begin construction on a Stonemason's workshop on C6 using 6 Stone Tools. The Drecthul Commonwealth notices that there is not much room left on the tile for constructions!
2 Drecs forage for stone at C6 using junk tools to collect 7 Stone
2 Drecs continue research on Animal Domestication.
1 Drec activates the Box of Eternal Cats... Now there's a cat... And that is all that happens. The cat doesn't seem to care about the Drecthul, but not caring about people is normal for cats.
2 more civilians are made at the cost of 6 food.

Arutz
5 Rooties farm at D4 using 5 junk farming tools to collect
4 Rooties research Stone Tools
5 Rooties research Tribal Leadership
1 Rootie decides to set fire to C5... Fortunately, the stoney mountain isn't particularly flammable and the civilian is able to avoid being harmed. Bonus reasearch points have been obtained for Campfires!

Patterian Minds
1 Patpat fertilizes the farmland at... H2? There is no farmland at H2.
5 Patpats forage (not farm) at H2 using junk tools to collect 14 food
4 Patpats research Scholars to complete the tech.

The Hamptons
3 Hamhams farm at J10 using junk tools to collect 12 food
5 Hamhams build wooden housing using 2 junk tools... on which tile? Okay, I know for a fact that you know you need co-ordinates. Housing is not exclusive to the home tile in this iteration of Gridhood.
2 Forest Rangers research Booze.

Breiger Clan
3 Biggles farm at E6 using... 3 junk tools (because 3 people can't use 4 tools) to collect 10 food
3 Biggles forage at E7 to collect 10 food
2 Biggles pray to Blarg
2 Biggles research Fruit Trees

Octadians
The Octadians stagnate

Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Common Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Challenges (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:46:14 pm by Supernerd »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Bay12 edition. It lives! It is limping a bit however.
« Reply #1013 on: June 25, 2018, 08:17:18 pm »

Actually I used Stone Tools to build the Stonemason's Workshop, not Junk Tools.

Drecthul Commonwealth

4 Civilians harvest from the farmland at B7 with 4 Stone Farming Tools
6 Civilians work on the Stonemason's Worshop with 6 Stone Tools
2 Civilians pray to Felius
5 Civilians research Animal Domestication

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 25, 2018, 08:26:44 pm »

Gilbert makes C11 and D11 liquid nitrogen oceans to slow down the hostile zebras' progression.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 25, 2018, 08:30:48 pm »

Two things. First of all, I fixed BOTH Drecthul tool related errors. The Drecthul also were using more than 2 tools. (If there was a third error I didn't catch, I still goofed)

And Gilbert does not have the 10 FP needed to make two liquid nitrogen oceans. Unless I goofed and didn't give him FP he should have got somehow.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:37:49 pm by Supernerd »

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 25, 2018, 08:36:45 pm »

Breiger Clan
2 Civilians pray to Blarg
4 Civilians research Fruit Trees
4 Civilians research Construction

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 25, 2018, 08:43:39 pm »

The Hamptons
5 hams build wooden housing at I11 with 2 junk tools
3 hams farm the farmland at J10 with 3 junk tools
2 forest rangers research Booze

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 25, 2018, 08:49:29 pm »

Nirii Dominion

4x farm C2 farmland with 4x wood tools.
2x wood-harvest D2 wood-tile with 2x wood woodcutting tools.
2x craft wood farming tools with 2x junk tools.
8x research Feasting
1x researches Food Preservation.

The Nidos convene once more. They have a disturbing number of conversations about how the future involves eating lots of food, and picking-and-choosing only the best parts of food. Just imagine being able to throw away grain that's slightly moldy!
There are unfortunate questions over the wisdom of cutting down trees with wooden tools, but it'll work better than the old ways. The tree-topplers are thrilled by the idea of not having to dig under trees with improvised tools to topple them.
Some nidos complain about living off of grains and grain porridge. One particularly inventive youth invents grain gruel. The excitement is short-lived.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 25, 2018, 09:09:45 pm »

Cultivating of Beans
3 pop farm cautiously for will'o'wisps at the farm of k1
3pop farm at the farmland at j1, 1 of them uses a junk tool
1pop prays to blarg
1 pop researches shamanism
2 pop research swamp herbology