Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If given the choice between this game and another game run by me... What would you want?

I still like Gridhood Bay12 edition despite its shortcomings
- 13 (81.3%)
The Gridland Survival sequel thing
- 2 (12.5%)
Fleshmancy! (It would require a smaller playerbase however)
- 1 (6.3%)
An RPG game about players being demigods.
- 0 (0%)
Something else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70

Author Topic: Gridhood: Bay12 edition. Its definitely dead now.  (Read 90930 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Bay12 edition
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2018, 12:42:47 am »

Blarg creates a Mudflat on J4 and a Salt Marsh K4.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2018, 04:44:11 am »

Snag adds a salt lake at I2.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2018, 05:10:33 pm »

Turn 6

Spoiler: Tiles (click to show/hide)

New actions are now available to all players. Gods may set a favored transition, which may pay for itself in the long term. Civilizations can attack other civilizations, but note that defenders will gain a combat advantage so it is not yet recommended.

As always inform the GM about any errors you see. The most likely error the GM is to make is to forget to modify food, so watch out for that.

Godly behaviors of particular note
Felius converts K11 into a Catnip Field.

Nothing happens to K12. There are two reasons for this. Reason number one is that a God name was not provided with the post that mentioned it. Reason number two is that K12 is not even a thing. The world's edge is K11. Long story short: Not a GM error this time.

The Nirii Dominion
The Nirii Dominion sends two people to forage at C2 to collect 3 food, 1 person to forage at C3 who collects 1 food and one to D3 who collects 1 food. One civilian prays to Forknor and one prays to Felius. The Nirii Dominion's population is increased by one.

Harr
The Harr civilization fades into obscurity. Nobody knows for sure what happened to them. Perhaps foxes or something outcompeted them for food?

Sylva Horde
2 members of the Sylva Horde forage at K10 to collect 3 food and two forage at I11 and collect 5 food. Additional research is done towards basic toolmaking.

Cultivating of Beans
The cultivating of beans sends three people to forage at K1, who bring home a shocking 8 food! Research continues on swamp farming and proof of concept has been achieved: The Cultivating of Beans now understands that food can grow, but the specifics require additional research. 1 Citizen prays to Blarg and their population increases by one.

Orassan Empire
2 citizens forage (Not farm) at K10 to collect 6 food and the GM is surprised that none of your guys starved to death this turn. 1 citizen pays to Felius and 2 citizens begin research on tool construction. The Orassan are able to understand the idea behind what a "tool" is.

Drecthul Commonwealth
3 Civilians forage at D5 to collect 4 food. 2 Civilians research mountaineering. Proof of concept has been achieved; this technology is definitely possible for the Drecthul to learn!

Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2018, 05:17:40 pm »

((Now that I'm on flatter terrain, there isn't too much need for mining just now, but we could use more food production. Also, where are all the cold tiles at?))

Orassan Empire

Have 2 people forage K10, 1 person forage k11, 1 person pray to Felius, and 1 person research structure construction.

Also, we have agriculture, can't we start making farms ourselves? nvm we haven't researched it completely
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 06:55:17 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2018, 05:19:23 pm »

The Sylva Horde prepare for the coming storm the only way they know how. With faith in their creator, Hasoc, and a feeling of belonging bestowed upon them by Arkas, the thin, gangly creatures of the horde clamber together and cut their own flesh, marking them with strange runes.

Then, they begin an incantation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2018, 05:20:49 pm »

((Now that I'm on flatter terrain, there isn't too much need for mining just now, but we could use more food production. Also, where are all the cold tiles at?))

Orassan Empire

Have 2 people farm K10, 1 person farm k11, 1 person pray to Felius, and 1 person research structure construction.

Also, we have agriculture, can't we start making farms ourselves?
According to the Civilizations list, you only have the theoretical concept of Agriculture. You've only got one research point invested in it.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2018, 05:21:40 pm »

Drecthul Commonwealth

3 Civilians will forage from D5, 2 Civilians will research Mountaineering

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2018, 05:24:37 pm »

Kyuu once again does something, making a mountain range at D7, a thick forest in C7, a thick forest in B7 and yet another forest in B6
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2018, 05:44:58 pm »

Rasp creates an advanced tile on B5:
It is mountain, much taller than any currently on the map. At very top of it is a plateau with a wondrous view of the landscape all around. The whole mountain is kept oxygenated by magic, which enables climbers to reach the plateau without passing out. It is named "Mt. Challenge"

"Behold my challenge to thee, Drecthul Commonwealth!"

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2018, 05:47:44 pm »

Cultivating of Beans
Forage at K1, J1, k2 with 3 pop. Research swamp farming 1 pop, research swamp housebuilding 1 pop, 1 prays to Blarg
Grow 1 pop

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2018, 05:49:54 pm »

Nirii Dominion

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2018, 06:10:14 pm »

To clarify, nobody has any technologies yet. It will be blatantly obvious when you complete a tech, because it will specifically allow you to do things you could not do before.

Here is a trick to help you understand the difference between a theory and a technology: We can understand the concept of a time machine, but we cannot travel through time.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2018, 06:34:49 pm »

Snag waits.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2018, 06:51:43 pm »

To clarify, nobody has any technologies yet. It will be blatantly obvious when you complete a tech, because it will specifically allow you to do things you could not do before.

Here is a trick to help you understand the difference between a theory and a technology: We can understand the concept of a time machine, but we cannot travel through time.

fixed
it's over

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2018, 09:07:33 pm »

Arkas waits... and plots...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70