Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: One World (ISG/SG)  (Read 24166 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: One World (ISG)
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 07:56:21 am »

PTW.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 08:21:35 am »

I would like to see Puppyguard's input in this part, I think, since he was the one who invented the backstory.

That said, if I may be so bold, I submit:

"Why, it's certainly true, your honour! In fact," said I with a sly wink, "I believe there are at least a couple others in this courtroom who can also attest to that!"

Optional: How long has it been since you've seen Azumi Hearthia? How do you feel seeing her now?
It hasn't been long at all, as a matter of fact. I believe I last saw her when she was helping me plot the murder of her boorish and unattractive arranged fiancé, Sir Culler! It's nice to see her again. I hope she's free later tonight.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 08:34:48 am »

I would like to see Puppyguard's input in this part, I think, since he was the one who invented the backstory.

"Why, it's certainly true, your honour! In fact," said I with a sly wink, "I believe there are at least a couple others in this courtroom who can also attest to that!"

Optional: How long has it been since you've seen Azumi Hearthia? How do you feel seeing her now?
It hasn't been long at all, as a matter of fact. I believe I last saw her when she was helping me plot the murder of her boorish and unattractive arranged fiancé, Sir Culler! It's nice to see her again. I hope she's free later tonight.
+1 if possible
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 11:34:31 am »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2018, 03:22:36 am »

+1 if possible
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2018, 03:29:04 am »

You: "Why, it's certainly true, your honour! In fact," said I with a sly wink, "I believe there are at least a couple others in this courtroom who can also attest to that!"
Judge: "Hmm, very well then. Thank you for your testimony, Miss Hearthia. You may return to your seat."
Miss Hearthia: "Thank you, your honour."

Azumi walks back to her seat, glancing at you with a subtle, knowing smile. You briefly recall her helping you to plot Sir Culler's murder, not too long ago. It feels nice seeing her again, and you hope she's free later tonight.

Judge: "It seems that your innocence is all but proclaimed, Sir Pent, if indeed there are more here who can support it, but let us continue onwards. The Court now calls upon a third witness, a... Miss Vyne."

A dark haired lady in the back of the court rises and approaches the witness stand, an air of confidence and class emanating from her as she shoots you a mischievous smirk.

Judge: "Miss Vyne, what can you tell us of Sir Pent's involvement in the death of Sir Culler, and the accuracy of the previous witness testimonies?"
Miss Vyne: "Your honour, I can tell you that Miss Hearthia is lying. I saw her minutes before Sir Culler was murdered, so there's no way she was with Sir Pent, doing whatever she claims they were doing."
Miss Hearthia: "Your honour, that's not--!"
Judge: *bangs gavel a couple times* "I'd like to hear more from Miss Vyne, please. So you were at the murder scene then, Miss Vyne?"
Miss Vyne: "I was, but Sir Pent definitely was not, or I would have known. I don't know where he was, but he wasn't there, nor with Miss Hearthia. In fact, I'm almost certain it was Miss Hearthia herself who killed her boor of an arranged fiance, Sir Culler. Sir Pent is simply taking the fall for her. A heroic, but tragically misguided effort."

* the audience murmurs *

Judge: "That is... a startling suggestion. Sir Pent, is Miss Vyne telling the truth? Are you taking the fall for Miss Hearthia, who is Sir Culler's true killer? If not, then what of Miss Vyne's claims? Were you really with Miss Azumi Hearthia the night of Sir Culler's death?"

Azumi looks at you with pounding anxiety.

Spoiler: "Character Info" (click to show/hide)

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2018, 03:37:09 am »

"Miss Vyne's allegations are absurd! In fact, I daresay she may simply be trying to throw off suspicion after having murdered Sir Culler herself. She had motive, you know, being his bastard daughter. If he had married and had legitimate children, she would have no hope of ever inheriting! I always knew the girl had, as they say, daddy issues, of course — but, well, we don't have to go into that. Unless you want me to."

I'm slightly sorry for kinda monopolising the suggestions. I'm not at all sorry for making this into a telenovela.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 03:42:59 am by Maximum Spin »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2018, 03:42:42 am »

"Miss Vyne's allegations are absurd! In fact, I daresay she may simply be trying to throw off suspicion after having murdered Sir Culler herself. She had motive, you know, being his bastard daughter. If he had married and had legitimate children, she would have no hope of ever inheriting! I always knew the girl had, as they say, daddy issues, of course — but, well, we don't have to go into that. Unless you want me to."

I'm not sorry for making this into a telenovela
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2018, 05:01:23 am »

I'm not sorry for making this into a telenovela
+1
.+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2018, 02:15:26 pm »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2018, 02:57:23 am »

You: "Miss Vyne's allegations are absurd! In fact, I daresay she may simply be trying to throw off suspicion after having murdered Sir Culler herself. She had motive, you know, being his bastard daughter. If he had married and had legitimate children, she would have no hope of ever inheriting! I always knew the girl had, as they say, daddy issues, of course — but, well, we don't have to go into that. Unless you want me to."

* the audience murmurs *

Miss Vyne shifts uncomfortably for a bit, but otherwise remains smug and unphazed.

Judge: "This is... another startling discovery. So Sir Culler was your father then, Miss Vyne?"
Miss Vyne: "Technically speaking. Though I wanted no part of his life, nor his inheritance; I'm doing quite fine on my own. Miss Hearthia, however... the fragile doe clearly could not bear the thought of sharing a bed with him on their wedding night, much less a lifelong involvement, and knew she had to act fast. And who could blame her, I suppose. Well, aside from everyone, most especially myself."
Miss Vyne: "Look, everyone knew that Sir Culler was insufferable, but he was my father, and I just..."

Her voice breaks and she looks down, tearing up for a moment.

Miss Vyne: *sob* "I just want justice for him..."

* the audience is silent... *

Judge: "...I'm truly sorry for your loss, Miss Vyne. We will do the best we can to find the guilty and shed light on the truth."

Miss Vyne takes a moment to gather herself.

Miss Vyne: "Thank you, your honour. Truly."
Judge: "Now Miss Vyne, do you have any tangible evidence that Miss Hearthia lied about her whereabouts on the night of the murder? It seems to be your word against theirs."
Miss Vyne: "All I can say is that I saw her there. It's hard to mistake a physique like Miss Hearthia's. Aside from that, I'm sure there were others there who saw her as well."
Judge: "Hmm, very well. I will look into that. Thank you for your testimony, Miss Vyne, and again, my condolences for your loss."
Miss Vyne: "Thank you, your honour. My only regret is that Sir Pent seems to be protecting my father's killer, out of clearly misplaced affection. I do hope that in the end he is not dragged down along with her."

Miss Vyne glances at you with a slightly frustrated pout as she leaves the stand. Walking back to her seat, she shoots Azumi a cold and menacing stare, as Azumi looks back with worried tenseness.

Judge: "Well, that looks like all the witnesses we have for today. Honestly, I'm still very confounded about all this. We will have to look into it some more and resume at another time."
Judge: "As for Sir Pent--"
??: "Your honour, if I may, you need not worry about the case any further, nor about Sir Pent."
Judge: "What!? What do you mean?? Who are you??"

An old man in the audience stands up and walks towards the witness stand, hands behind his back.

Old Man: "I am called Anexatus, but that is not important. Just know that this case, along with anything else regarding Sir Pent, is no longer in your hands, nor the Court's."
Judge: "T-that's ludicrous! What gives you the right to interfere!?"

Anexatus ignores the judge as he begins chanting a spell.

Anexatus: "Anima everazati bestiat istoria nunc facti quod..."
Judge: "W-what is this!? Guards, seize him!"

The guards begin to move in on the old man, but then suddenly a massive flying beast crashes through the courtroom walls and ceiling... the very same flying beast that killed your parents many years ago when you were a child!

The creature roars and knocks away the guards, as Anexatus then leaps onto its back and speaks to you.

Anexatus: "Sir Pent, there is still much for you to learn, but for now you must find your own way."

The beast slams its wings against the judge, sending him crashing into the wall behind you. It then grabs Azumi and leaps into the skies, flying into the distant horizon.

To be continued...

Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2018, 02:58:05 am »

You are Drascomi, a wandering merchant/jazz pianist originally hailing from the town of Kinsdene.

You are somewhat forgetful, and you dream of finding noble patronage to pursue jazz full-time.

After hours of traveling on the road, you arrive at a small town called Patsville. It's evening time, as you feel a cool gentle breeze blow against you.

What do you do?

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 03:29:18 am by MeimieFan88 »
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2018, 03:11:04 am »

Go forth and play some jazz.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2018, 03:13:06 am »

Go forth and play some jazz.
+1 make sense

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2018, 03:29:22 am »

((Added a Flute Jazz Keytar to your inventory))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:08:43 am by MeimieFan88 »
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22