Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: One World (ISG/SG)  (Read 24161 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: One World (ISG)
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2018, 03:48:27 am »

Go forth and play some jazz.
+1, obviously

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2018, 04:04:26 am »

You go forth and play some jazz! (With your Jazz Keytar!)

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0bPqLCVJ6Ja

A nearby local hears the music and walks over to you.

Man: "Ho' there, stranger, that was a saucy tune! By the looks of it you must be new 'round here. Can't say we get too many visitors, 'specially you bard types. Name's Dickie Folst!"

You briefly introduce yourself.

Dickie: "Drascomi? Now that's a name I ain't ever hearda before! Well met!"
Dickie: "Now if yer lookin' for a place to stay the night, my wife and I run a small inn just over yonder."

He points at the nearby building.

Dickie: "We ain't runnin' no shelter though, so the price is gonn' be twennie gol' pieces per night, if ye wanna stay."
Dickie: "If yer lookin' for some work, there's a pub over on the east side a town that might be lookin' to hire a musician like yerself."
Dickie: "Alternatively the farmers' guild could probly use another pair a hands."
Dickie: "Other than that, just don't go makin' trouble, n' enjoy yer stay!"

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

Optional: What type of stuff do you sell as a merchant? (Currently your wares are listed as Merchant's Trinkets)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:07:17 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2018, 04:18:31 am »

Go to the pub and offer to play some jazz music.
Optional: What type of stuff do you sell as a merchant? (Currently your wares are listed as Merchant's Trinkets)
The things that we sell are drugs small high quality stone crafts and figures.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2018, 04:31:13 am »

Go to the pub and offer to play some jazz music while showing off our wares to judgement-impaired pubgoers.
Enchanted wooden and stone handicrafts imported from the mountain monks.
The vibrating, self-warming stone fertility-totems-slash-back-massagers are particularly popular for some reason; I guess a lot of people get backstrain in these farming villages.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2018, 07:05:43 am »

Go to the pub and offer to play some jazz music while showing off our wares to judgement-impaired pubgoers.
Enchanted wooden and stone handicrafts imported from the mountain monks.
The vibrating, self-warming stone fertility-totems-slash-back-massagers are particularly popular for some reason; I guess a lot of people get backstrain in these farming villages.
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2018, 04:48:28 am »

You make your way to the east side of town and enter the pub.

You offer to play some jazz music while showing off your wares to judgement-impaired pubgoers.

Bartender: "Yer welcome t'play, though a can't afford to pay ye. Budget's been pretty tight lately. A can offer ye free drinks though."

Meanwhile, a young woman nearby who seems somewhat inebriated notices your wares and stumbles over to you.

Inebriated Lass: "Oh wow, are those the vibratin' back-massagers I've heard so much about??? I heard they're handcrafted by the mountain monks and have magical properties! How much is one gonna cost me??"

Optional: The old man and the waitress in the room seem to be having a disagreement. What seems to be the problem?

Ear teeth

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2018, 04:42:01 pm »

"Well, you know, one of these fine, rare pieces could go for as much as 100, 200 gold pieces or even more from those big-city merchants. But I'm a humbler sort of man than that, myself. It's my curse. What would you say to, oh, 70?"

Optional: The old man and the waitress in the room seem to be having a disagreement. What seems to be the problem?
Hm, let me see. How about:
"This stubborn old man tried to tip me with what he said was a rare otterball card, but it's just a faded Berkie Holmgundr! What do I want with this, the Troopton Seasnakes are hacks who can't catch a pass without step-by-step written instructions!"
"Pah! Can you believe this crazy girl is a Sunderberg Legumes fan? The Seasnakes would push the Legumes into the dirt, if otterball was played on land! Berkie Holmgundr is a legend, and that card's a first printing! It would fetch a hundred fifty gold pieces in any market in West Bredmark! To think, here I was trying to do her a favour..."
"West Bredmark! West Bredmark is more than six hundred miles from here! What good is a hundred fifty gold pieces in West Bredmark to me here in Patsville? The old coot's just bitter because Berkie can't tumble like Legumes first-hook Lars Boulderman and he can't shoot like Gammy Sommers!"
"I'll have you know Berkie could beat any one of your Legumes at fielding—"
"Oh yeah? Then why'd the Seasnakes fall out in the first round of last year's Big Cup Series?"
"What? You're going – what do you mean bringing up the Big Cup? THE LEGUMES DIDN'T EVEN QUALIFY!"
"THAT'S BECAUSE THE COMMITTEE ARE ALL BIASED! THE LEGUMES DESERVE THAT TITLE, THE CHESTGRUMPFIELD WICKLERS JUST KEEP BUYING OFF THE REFS!"
The dispute continues along these lines as you slowly back away.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2018, 02:47:28 am »

You: "Well, you know, one of these fine, rare pieces could go for as much as 100, 200 gold pieces or even more from those big-city merchants. But I'm a humbler sort of man than that, myself. It's my curse. What would you say to, oh, 70?"
Inebriated Lass: "70 gold pieces!? Gosh, I don't think I even have that much on me! Let me check..."

She takes out her coin purse and starts counting her coins on the table.

Meanwhile, there seems to be a disagreement between the old man and the waitress, as you overhear their argument:

"This stubborn old man tried to tip me with what he said was a rare otterball card, but it's just a faded Berkie Holmgundr! What do I want with this, the Troopton Seasnakes are hacks who can't catch a pass without step-by-step written instructions!"
"Pah! Can you believe this crazy girl is a Sunderberg Legumes fan? The Seasnakes would push the Legumes into the dirt, if otterball was played on land! Berkie Holmgundr is a legend, and that card's a first printing! It would fetch a hundred fifty gold pieces in any market in West Bredmark! To think, here I was trying to do her a favour..."
"West Bredmark! West Bredmark is more than six hundred miles from here! What good is a hundred fifty gold pieces in West Bredmark to me here in Patsville? The old coot's just bitter because Berkie can't tumble like Legumes first-hook Lars Boulderman and he can't shoot like Gammy Sommers!"
"I'll have you know Berkie could beat any one of your Legumes at fielding—"
"Oh yeah? Then why'd the Seasnakes fall out in the first round of last year's Big Cup Series?"
"What? You're going – what do you mean bringing up the Big Cup? THE LEGUMES DIDN'T EVEN QUALIFY!"
"THAT'S BECAUSE THE COMMITTEE ARE ALL BIASED! THE LEGUMES DESERVE THAT TITLE, THE CHESTGRUMPFIELD WICKLERS JUST KEEP BUYING OFF THE REFS!"

The dispute continues along these lines as you slowly back away.

Bartender: "Now now Gabi, be courteous to the customers."
Waitress: "I'm not sure if we really want a Troopton Seasnakes fan as a customer!"
Bartender: "We really need all the customers we can get right now..."
Waitress: "Hmph, well fine then."
Old Man: "Ah by the way... can I get a refill?"

The waitress eyes the old man before reluctantly taking his cup.

Inebriated Lass: "40... 45... 46... 47. Well, that's all I have... 47 gold pieces. Will it be okay?" she asks with pleading eyes.

Special Optional: Control a non-player character's actions in the scene.
Special Optional: Create an event pertaining to the scene, or nearby.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 04:10:49 am by MeimieFan88 »
Ear teeth

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2018, 03:51:31 am »

"Hm, hrm, well, since you seem so sweet, and since I wouldn't want to take the last of your change, why don't I offer you a special deal and say you can have it for forty? I'd be selling at a loss" — this is a blatant lie — "but, you know, I just couldn't bear to leave you disappointed."

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2018, 04:13:31 am »

The man in the bottom right of the room with the Curly moustache looks over.
DISTRACTION!
He runs straight for the wall, cradhing straghit through it.
While everyone stands looking bewildered, imperial soldiers walk in looking for a man with an orange moustache.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2018, 04:33:01 am »

DISTRACTION!
While everyone stands looking bewildered, imperial soldiers walk in looking for a man with an orange moustache.
"Hm, hrm, well, since you seem so sweet, and since I wouldn't want to take the last of your change, why don't I offer you a special deal and say you can have it for forty? I'd be selling at a loss" — this is a blatant lie — "but, you know, I just couldn't bear to leave you disappointed."
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 06:04:45 am »

DISTRACTION!
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2018, 12:00:11 am »

You: "Hm, hrm, well, since you seem so sweet, and since I wouldn't want to take the last of your change, why don't I offer you a special deal and say you can have it for forty? I'd be selling at a loss" — this is a blatant lie — "but, you know, I just couldn't bear to leave you disappointed."
Inebriated Lass: "Oh, thank you mister, that's so very kind of you!!" she smiles gratefully.

You make the exchange, pocketing the 40 gold pieces and handing the fertility-totem-slash-back-massager to the lass.

Inebriated Lass: "My 'pa will be so glad when I give this to him, he's always complainin' 'bout his back!"

You then notice a random beer mug bouncing to the left side of the room, as you then hear a loud CRASH behind you! You and everyone else look over to the loud sound and see a huge hole in the wall of the pub!

While everyone stands looking bewildered, imperial soldiers suddenly walk into the pub from the front door.

Soldier Captain: "Attention citizens! We are looking for a man with an orange mustache. If anyone may have seen him, speak up now."
Bartender: "Err--umm..." *scratches mustache*
Inebriated Lass: "W-what is happening!?"

One of the soldiers examines the huge hole in the wall of the pub.

Soldier: "Sir, take a look at this."

The captain looks at the hole.

Soldier Captain: "Why is there a hole in the wall of this pub?"
Bartender: "A don't, umm... that was definitely not there a moment ago..."
Soldier Captain: "Are you lying to me, barkeep?"
Bartender: "N-no! A think there mighta been someone there just now, but surely he couldn't have..."

The captain nods at a few of his men, who then exit through the hole to continue their search. The captain then begins pacing around the room.

Soldier Captain: "We know he's here somewhere, so there's no use trying to hide him, if you know what's good for you. This man is extremely dangerous and must be apprehended at once."
Old Man: "Heh, kids these days..."

Unlimited Special Optional: Control any number of non-player characters' actions this turn.
Optional: Do you know anything about the imperial soldiers? Have you ever seen them before?

Ear teeth

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2018, 03:34:50 am »

Oh, yeah, the Imperial Army... I haven't had a run in with them in a wee while... Not since the... Incident... He he... It wasn't as if I even knew that conman was a job description...
hic... Hmmm?
Nothing.
An empty bottle of moustache dye rolls from under one of the tables when a soldier inspects it
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2018, 03:58:58 am »

One of the Imperial Soldiers stare at Drascomi, as if he have seen him somewhere before.

((Am I doing this right?))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22