Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: One World (ISG/SG)  (Read 24191 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: One World (ISG)
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2018, 08:31:44 am »

Two guards soon come from the entrance, holding Kalli!
"We found this cultist near the entrance."

Seeing the spider-shaped gem, Kalli breaks free from the guards' hold and runs toward it.

You: "Kalli!? What are you doing here!??"

She looks to you, and as she is about to speak, a bag of potatoes suddenly falls from the hole in the ceiling and lands on Kalli's head!

Shocked and confused, you quickly move the bag of potatoes off of Kalli.
"Kalli! Are you okay?"

She looks at you, looking a bit confused. "Potato?"

"Huh?"

She then smiles at you joyfully. "...Potato!"

"...Kalli?"

She then starts looking all around the room with wondrous amusement. "Potato, potato, potato, potato, potato..."

"Kalli! Do you remember where you are?"

She just smiles at you with blank enthusiasm. "...Potato."

"Oh brother." Felisa sighs. "Another victim of this room, I take it. How about we get out of here before we all get turned into mindless potato-heads?"

You hesitantly nod, and the group soon begins exiting the room. You lead Kalli outside, along with the group. She seems very compliant and thoughtlessly carefree.

"Okay, so here's what we know. Remius somehow activated the Dramatic Revelations Room and ended up with this spider-shaped gem and a picture of Kalli in his hands, before bouncing off like a madman. Kalli then shows up outside, clearly enthused about the gem, until she gets pummeled by some falling potatoes from the room's ceiling and now she's become some sort of loony potato-obsessed amnesiac."

You glance at Oswald, who is apparently taking a bite out of a potato that he's holding. You pause, not sure what to say.

He notices you looking at him. "...What? I'm hungry."

"...Anyway. There is a clear connection between this woman Kalli and this spider-shaped gem, as well as the Dragon Cult, from the looks of her dress. But we don't know what these connections are, nor will we get any answers from her at this point, it seems. And furthermore, our Chief of Information has gone missing, as well as insane, no less..."

The group murmurs about the bizarre sequence of events, and what to do now...

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2018, 06:56:10 am »

Slap Kalli to see if she stops saying potato.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2018, 07:03:01 am »

Slap Kalli to see if she stops saying potato.
She runs again towards the spider shaped gem
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2018, 06:58:13 pm »

You slap Kalli to see if she stops saying potato.

* slap! *
"Kalli! Snap out of it!"

Kalli looks confused for a moment, blinking several times as she slowly comes out of her potato-trance.

"...Alfric?" She then notices the gem in your hands and moves towards you, instinctively reaching for the object.

"Kalli! What are you doing!?"

She looks back to you anxiously. "That gem... how did you get it?"

"This?" You hold up the spider-shaped gem. "What do you know about it? What is it?"

"... I... it's not the time for this. All I can say is that it's--"

"--Called the Arachnia Key." Says a new yet familiar voice coming from the tunnel.

You turn and see the vice-chairman of the Order, Lux Everwood! The part-time private investigator seems to often turn up at unexpected times.

"A legendary gemstone that opens the Arachnia Vault, unleashing armageddon upon the world as we know it." The vice-chairman continues.

"Lux?! Where have you been??"

"Oh, my apologies, Alfric. I have been on the tail of a criminal, a murderer who was involved in the framing of Gammy Sommers at the West Bredmark Royal Hotel, for a murder he committed. It's very likely that he's also a member of the Cult of the Seething Spider."

"I wish I could have informed you all of my absence, but I could not risk my cover being blown."

"The man I am after is extremely dangerous, and insidiously difficult to track. The only thing I was able to find out about him was that he was looking for the Arachnia Key, an item sacred to the Spider cult. As to his identity and connections, my investigations were getting nowhere--that is, until I tracked him to this woman."

He points to Kalli.

"She is working with the murderer, and they are likely both agents of the Seething Spiders."

"What!? I don't know what he's talking about!" Kalli exclaims. "The gem you're holding is not some legendary keystone! It's..."

She sighs. "I didn't want to tell you about this yet Alfric, but... it's Remius's engagement gift to me. Remius and I, we're getting married."

You blink several times in surprise, trying to figure out the situation.

"I know you and I had a thing back then and that's why I didn't want you to know about us yet. But we were going to invite you to the wedding!"

"Alfric, don't listen to her! Why would she even be here in the first place?"

"I came here actually as an envoy for the Disciples of the Dragon, seeking to perhaps form an alliance with your Order. I told my guild that I knew you, and Remius as well, and so was sent on this mission of diplomacy. When I saw you holding that gem, I got confused... where is Remius anyway? He'll confirm everything I've said."

"Well... Remius is... ..."

"...Alfric? Where is my fiancee?"

"...Let's just say he's M-I-A at the moment."

"What does that mean?"

"The Dramatic Revelations Room turned him into a mindless lunatic, and then he jumped away through a hole in the ceiling. Much like what happened to you earlier before Alfric slapped you out of it, but with fewer potatoes and more jumping away." Oswald shruggingly interjects.

Kalli is temporarily speechless.

Lux walks towards the group. "Comrades, this woman is very much connected to the murderer at West Bredmark, as well as the Cult of the Seething Spider! I tracked the elusive murderer to her on more than one occasion, and have gathered much evidence that she's working with him in order to obtain the Arachnia Key. We should take her into custody and interrogate her."

"That would be unwise! I am an envoy of the Disciples of the Dragon, and any unsolicited action taken against me will incur the wrath of my guild, as well as that of my potato. Err, deity. Ehem. You'd do best to handle this situation delicately. Find Remius--he'll clear up any suspicions you have of me. In the meantime, please return to me my engagement gift, as it has much sentimental value to me. And then perhaps we can discuss a potato alliance between our guilds."

Lux grimly shakes his head at you.

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Ear teeth

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2018, 11:32:27 pm »

We tell the guards to find Remius
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2018, 11:25:26 am »

We tell the guards to find Remius
Also don't give the gem back, keep a hold of it until we can get the truth.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2018, 04:25:34 pm »

Search for secret doors.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2018, 11:28:31 pm »

Search for secret doors.
Saying that, I'm not sure Remius jump wasn't a trick, look for hidden contraptions I bet our chances

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2018, 04:29:18 am »

You tell the guards to find Remius. They look reluctantly at each other, but soon make their way towards the Dramatic Revelations Room, cautiously entering.
   Meanwhile, you decide to hold on to the gem for now.
   "My apologies Kalli, but we will have to hold on to the gem for now, until everything is confirmed. Please understand that it is a delicate situation for us, as we have been involved in a crisis against a cult with very insidious influence."
   "Hmph. Well fine then. I suppose it can wait. Just find my sweet potato Remius, please."
   "We will do our best, of course."
   You then recount the situation, perceiving that something wasn't quite right...
   You begin searching around the room for secret doors and hidden contraptions. Feeling around the corner of the walls, you discover a hidden cubby hole with a metal cover.
   With some force, you pry open the cover and look inside to see someone sitting there, tied up and gagged... it's Remius!!

Spoiler: Image_1 (click to show/hide)

You help the restrained Remius out of the compartment, releasing him from his ropes and gag.
   "By Otterball's blessing, Alfric, you found me!" Exclaims Remius, exuberant and relieved after being rescued.
   "Remius! What... how did you get there?"
   "One moment I was about to leave the Dramatic Revelations Room with you all to witness the fate of the traitors, and then the next, someone grabbed me from behind, silencing and binding me with ropes and then shoving me through a series of small tunnels... unfortunately, I did not see who my abductor was."
   "Remius, my darling!" Kalli rushes into Remius's arms. "You're safe! I was so worried."
   Remius looks at Kalli, confused. "Err... do I know you?"

Spoiler: Image_2 (click to show/hide)

Kalli is completely stunned by Remius's question. "It's me, Kalli! How can you not remember me, your fiancee!?"
   Remius is taken aback. "Fiancee!?!? I'm sorry, lady, but I have no clue who you are."
   Kalli shakes her head in disbelief. "But... we've been together for over six months!! How can you not remember!? Could the ordeal you just went through have caused some sort of memory loss?..."
   She then points to the spider-shaped gem in your hands. "What about that? Do you remember it? You gave it to me as an engagement gift."
   Remius looks to the gem, shaking his head. "I have never seen such a thing before in my life... I'm sorry." He looks as confused as her.
   "Ehem... I'm sorry Kalli, but in light of these new developments, we are going to have to hold you for further questioning. Please don't take this personally, as it is a very sensitive matter to us."
   "You're damn right it's a sensitive matter! I am not leaving without Remius! I want to know what the hell is going on!" Kalli demands, seemingly genuine in her bewilderment.
   Soon, the two guards return from the Dramatic Revelations Room, with a third person in tow.
   "Hey boss, we found Remius." The guards announce, to your astonishment.
   You look to the person they are towing, and, to your disbelief, it is indeed another Remius, dressed and appearing exactly as the first Remius, save for the lack of dirt on his face and the tidier clothing.

Spoiler: Image_3 (click to show/hide)

"...Remius!?" Kalli exclaims, her confusion continuing to increase.
   The guards add their confusion to everyone else's as they see the other Remius standing near you.
   "...Kalli." The newly arrived Remius remarks in amusement. "I did not expect to see you here."
   "What the hell is going on!?!" Kalli demands. "Who is he!?" She gestures to the first Remius. "...And who are you!?"
   The second Remius glances from Kalli to the first Remius, then to the spider-shaped gem in your hands. "Ah, how curious that it has happened like this. I must say, you showing up here has become rather eventful, Kalli."
   "What the hell are you talking about!?!?" The confused Dragon envoy had just about enough.
   Meanwhile, Lux surveys the unfolding situation, gasping as he comes to a sudden and bleak realization. "Oh no..."
   "You see, although I had united the key and the vault, I could not activate the sequence, for I had lacked the proper keyphrase. Well, lacked until now." The second Remius continues cryptically.
   "The Arachnia Vault... it's not a place... it's a person!" Lux deduces out loud, though he suspected that it may already be too late.
   "Thanks to your Dramatic Revelations Room, I was finally able to obtain the keyphrase." The Remius clone then utters a strange phrase, in a tone no less foreboding.
   As he finishes his utterance, the spider gem in your hand suddenly twitches awake, jumping and latching onto the ceiling. The group looks to the glowing creature above, flinching from its erratic movements.
   The creature skitters around with remarkable speed, searching for its target. Ultimately, it makes its way directly above Kalli. Flashing several times in confirmation, it then launches itself at the confused woman, landing directly on her forehead. A huge blast of darkness then erupts from the spider, knocking you and everyone else except Kalli hard against the walls.
   The last thing you see before passing out is a glimpse of Kalli, crouching there, the spider-shaped gem embedded comfortably in her forehead. Except, it didn't seem to be Kalli anymore, but someone else. Something else.

To be continued...

Who will the main character be for the next chapter?

(Choose any existing character that isn't in the current scene, or create a new character from below.)
(Optional: Feel free to include some description of the character's recent history/current situation.)

Brief list of existing characters:

Sir Pent
Drascomi
Gammy Sommers
Fiona Quarrel

New Character Creation:

You are ________ (name), ________ (title/profession) from ________ (place).
Additional character info/history: ________________ (custom/optional).

Ear teeth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2018, 07:50:08 am »

A 5

You are Jess Bluethorn, Teacher and Wizard Extraordinaire at Bumbleton Arcane University.

She have been a teacher of the Arcane Arts (General Arcane Studies) for almost four years now.
She is a bit of a hothead with the tendency to time-freeze (Frozen in time and fully aware of it.) some of the more delinquent students, which have gotten her in trouble with the principal more than a few times.

She's also secretly a member of a small obscure cult which is apparently all about tasting wine and cheese.
And she's an alcoholic, which might be the reason to why she joined said cult in the first place.
(She has so far completely memorized the name, smell, texture and taste of 249 brands of wine and at least three dozen of other alcoholic beverages.)

She is currently at a local pub, drunkenly complaining about her unruly students and annoying principal, while the bartender does his best to endure it all as he waits for his shift to end.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 08:35:22 am by Ultimuh »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2018, 12:00:50 pm »

A 5

You are Jess Bluethorn, Teacher and Wizard Extraordinaire at Bumbleton Arcane University.

She have been a teacher of the Arcane Arts (General Arcane Studies) for almost four years now.
She is a bit of a hothead with the tendency to time-freeze (Frozen in time and fully aware of it.) some of the more delinquent students, which have gotten her in trouble with the principal more than a few times.

She's also secretly a member of a small obscure cult which is apparently all about tasting wine and cheese.
And she's an alcoholic, which might be the reason to why she joined said cult in the first place.
(She has so far completely memorized the name, smell, texture and taste of 249 brands of wine and at least three dozen of other alcoholic beverages.)

She is currently at a local pub, drunkenly complaining about her unruly students and annoying principal, while the bartender does his best to endure it all as he waits for his shift to end.
+1.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2018, 12:04:40 pm »

A 5

+1.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2018, 04:13:54 am »

A 5

+1.
+1
+1 We shall conquer all challenges with the power of alcohol. 

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2018, 08:06:09 pm »

You have been a teacher of the Arcane Arts (General Arcane Studies) for almost four years now. You are a bit of a hothead with the tendency to time-freeze (frozen in time and fully aware of it) some of the more delinquent students, which has gotten you in trouble with the principal more than a few times.

You are also secretly a member of a small obscure cult which is apparently all about tasting wine and cheese. And you are an alcoholic, which might be the reason as to why you joined said cult in the first place. (You have so far completely memorized the name, smell, texture and taste of 249 brands of wine and at least three dozen of other alcoholic beverages.)

You are currently at a local pub, drunkenly complaining about your unruly students and annoying principal, while the bartender does his best to endure it all as he waits for his shift to end.

You: "And then he smirks and goes, 'I didn't know that spell would turn all the chairs into monkeys, I just wanted a more comfortable place to sleep during your lecture!'"

The bartender chuckles, idly cleaning a shotglass.

"So I gave him a 'timeout' -- it's nothing he can't handle, and a completely appropriate punishment for that kind of ridiculous misbehavior. But then he goes to the principal, whining about 'teacher-student abuse'. And of course the principal, that irritating oaf, sides again with the miscreant, warning me about a suspension if my misbehavior continues! Can you believe that!?"

The bartender scratches his head, politely smiling at you. "Heh, I'm sorry..."

"Where is the justice, I ask?? Where is the justice!?"

He shakes his head. "I don't know, ma'am..."

"Give me another one of these, please. I'm gonna need it!" You gesture to your empty glass.

"Sure thing..." He pours you another Troopton Firetonic.

You take a quick sip and continue with your complaints of scholastic misconduct as the bartender goes on courteously nodding along.

Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2018, 06:39:07 am »

A homeless man walks in, and begins yelling for someone to bring him a bottle of "the good stuff", even though he can't afford anything.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22