Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.08 Released  (Read 40243 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.44.08 Released
« on: March 29, 2018, 03:29:51 am »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

This should stop Linux from freezing.  It also includes some other bug fixes that could be quickly incorporated.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Stopped linux from freezing
   (*) Fixed crash from demanding tribute from parentless site entities
   (*) Stopped artifacts from moving out of backpack and similar when at old forts or lairs
   (*) Properly stopped imprisoned dwarves from claiming positions in fort

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Made dwarves visit museums properly
   (*) Stopped every tribute rejection from being attached to your fort's history
   (*) Cleaned tribute/spoil reports between forts properly
   (*) Added military tactics and leaderships as relevant skills for squad-leading nobles/appointments
   (*) Made uniform settings copy properly when pasting schedule orders
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

SeeSchloss

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.08 Released
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 03:44:47 am »

So to follow up on the freeze that has been replaced with a crash for me, which happens the same on the 0.44.07-test and this 0.44.08, here's a save if you want to have a look at it: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13626 (I also keep my saves on github https://github.com/seeschloss/.dwarffortress/tree/master/data/save/region1 so I can share them between several machines).

There's a dwarf cutting wood on screen and the crash (which used to be a freeze) normally happens when he's felling his fifth tree, just a few minutes into play. At the same time, I have two squadrons raiding a 7500-pop Goblin fortress, which is probably the cause of the crash.

Oh and an edit, because I kinda look like an ungrateful whiner here: thanks a lot for the release and especially the work on fixing the freezes! I have not experienced them since your test version, just this one freeze-turned-crash related to raids.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 04:52:34 am by SeeSchloss »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 03:50:01 am »

Thanks for the release Toady, im sure linux uses (and users in general) are grateful for it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 04:54:37 am »

Thanks  for the quick fixes.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 05:11:16 am »

Thanks for the fixes!

I'm guessing I may have have some problem with artifact questers. I'm running a long standing fortress (12 years already) and the artifact questers stopped coming altogether. I only have the usual kind of visitors (mostly artists, some scholars, a few mercenaries and monster hunters). Anyone else?

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 06:49:34 am »

Once again yay for quick releases!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 07:34:00 am »

Administrators don't exist yet, right?

I just sent my dorfs to raze a dark elf (modded race) hillocks, Helmeast.

Announcement: "Nish Stockadelie (my hammerdwarf) has been appointed to the position of baron of Helmeast".

The squad haven't come back yet, Nish has vanished from the squad list as though he'd died or been imprisoned while raiding.

Not expected behavior?

--edit
Dorfs are back, minus the baron.
And, yes, Legends Mode quite reasonably recounts that my dorfs went to Helmeast, killed the dark elf leader thus liberating them. Nish was appointed baron and settled in Helmeast. The rest of my dorfs came home (after rampaging, since they'd been ordered to raze the place. Oops).

That's pretty awesome behavior if it's not intended. :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 07:52:38 am by Shonai_Dweller »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 07:54:26 am »

Announcement: "Nish Stockadelie (my hammerdwarf) has been appointed to the position of baron of Helmeast".

The squad haven't come back yet, Nish has vanished from the squad list as though he'd died or been imprisoned while raiding.

Not expected behavior?

He's been imprisoned and became the baron via buggy slave/prisoner ascendancy, its a known bug (#0010645) don't worry i highly doubt Toady slipped in anything in there by accident for the release.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 07:57:59 am »

Not expected behavior?

He's been imprisoned and became the baron via buggy slave/prisoner ascendancy, its a known bug (#0010645) don't worry i highly doubt Toady slipped in anything in there by accident for the release.
We won the fight, killed the dark elf leader and a couple of non-hist-figs and had a good rampage. There's no reason for anyone to be imprisoned.

It was originally a dwarvern hillocks, so actually seems completely reasonable (if not for the fact that I've lost my dorf).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 08:00:48 am by Shonai_Dweller »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 08:06:28 am »

Oh, i had to re-read because i got edit ninja'd while i was writing the original response. Neat.

I guess you could put some screenies up for people in DF general or the discord of what you found and current citizen population (in legends-viewer) because you've technically conquered it, even though the relation to Toady's work on administrators means you have no implicit relationship with the site despite supplanting a leader from your civ. Good work.

I wonder if you raided more other-dwarf civ sites enough it might be reproducible. Begs the question whether people who are elevated to lord positions from your fortress (like the occasional petitioned visitor) would actually not return from being sent out on a mission if they manage to win the fight similarly. But give you a legal stake to flip the site to your civilization.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 08:08:05 am by FantasticDorf »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 08:17:27 am »

The only sad thing about the whole situation is because I choose to raze the place, it's now a ruin so there's no way to tell if it switched back to my civ. Although I guess the new baron might eventually repopulate it by himself. Legends says he's hanging out there, even if the map records 'no civilized population'.

Yeah, have save archived so will upload it someplace for people to dissect as they like.

Dark Elves and Wild Dwarves have been at war for about 30 years, so there's a few more sites around I could liberate.

Only have 6 dorfs to do it with right now though...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 10:46:47 am »

(*) Stopped artifacts from moving out of backpack and similar when at old forts or lairs

You forgot to close the original version of the issue: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1179
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 10:58:42 am »

Can anyone expand on this item fix?  I mean, what was the issue originally (currently using 44.07 still)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 12:03:08 pm »

You forgot to close the original version of the issue: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1179
Per Toady's note at Issue 10672, that one's not the one he resolved. 10672 apparently was caused by newer code.

Can anyone expand on this item fix?  I mean, what was the issue originally (currently using 44.07 still)
The issue for this was 10658: Copy schedule order doesn't copy "inactive=uniformed" setting.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 12:07:16 pm »

The baron thing could just be down to luck; it certainly wasn't coded.  If it was an ancestral home of your civ, was the dwarf selected a descendant of the last baron?  I don't think the claims work that well, so it probably doesn't matter.  My current assumption is that you liberated an old barony of your civ, the game needed a baron, and it decided your dwarf was the best fit for the job (whether completely at random or not.)  A razing army never becomes residents of the site they are at, but barons are drawn from the civ-level pool.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:08:48 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: [1] 2