Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A! (and Hub?)  (Read 50824 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 01:29:51 pm »

Would a really big war against a common enemy or a huge depopulation event fix this?

If a local depopulation event occurs, would the magical races move in to this place or such?

How much progress have we made on fireblood since we first found it? Is it more deadly, advanced, etcera?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 01:35:02 pm »

Ah. Is there a way that we can try to keep the magic/fanciful stuff around or are we just doomed to lose our ability to interact with magical stuff as the game/history goes on?
Would a really big war against a common enemy or a huge depopulation event fix this?

If a local depopulation event occurs, would the magical races move in to this place or such?

No, the future of the world is set on being de-magified as humans become the supreme race on it. I have few ways to take it back to 'magic-filled fantasy world', but that would mean lots of bad things to happen to Methiant in meanwhile. Keep eyes peeled though!

How many dynasties we ruled? only Yoean?

3 so far, one represented by each main SPAMKINGDOM game (original, + and #).

How much progress have we made on fireblood since we first found it? Is it more deadly, advanced, etcera?

At first it was Greek Fire-like substance manufactured in far west. As the chemisty behind it was worked out in the east, it was remade more into standard gunpowder and explosive substance it is used as today (simply because its easier to handle and has more uses).
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 01:37:44 pm »

Would it be possible for one of our kings to become a sourcerer or similiar type of ability?

Has their been cases of a human, dwarf or elf ruling another species society, and how well did it end up for them and their line?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2018, 01:41:05 pm »

Is it weird that I'm kinda hoping a lot of bad things happen to Methiant now?

Ah. Well that's sad. I've always really liked the magical parts of the game.

So how have the people of the Luathbas region changed culturally now since the time of Luathbas? I'm already pretty knowledgeable about how we've changed religiously but I'm curious if there has been any similar extreme culture changes?

Would it be possible for one of our kings to become a sourcerer or similiar type of ability?

Has their been cases of a human, dwarf or elf ruling another species society, and how well did it end up for them and their line?
I'm also really curious about this.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2018, 01:45:14 pm »

Where we ever vassal or tributery of other ruler and how that ended up?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2018, 01:48:36 pm »

Where we ever vassal or tributery of other ruler and how that ended up?
We were a vassal of the old Dahnia Kingdom in the second game. Tried rebelling in the second generation of that Dynasty and failed. That's how the second game ended. The kings of Lametania are descended from that guy who rebelled via his son Solus who managed to inherit Lametania through his mother. Him inheriting also let him survive the purge conducted on all the other members of the second game dynasty.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:54:37 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2018, 01:58:09 pm »

PTW
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2018, 02:00:43 pm »

No. Humans are incapable of magic.

Almost none, except few brief stints, arguably the time of SPAMKINGDOM when Houlandin II had elven wife-queen also counts.

So how have the people of the Luathbas region changed culturally now since the time of Luathbas? I'm already pretty knowledgeable about how we've changed religiously but I'm curious if there has been any similar extreme culture changes?

Luathbas peoples were strongest united in times before and during Luathbas, the first unity achieved during Tygwand Dynasty of the early 600s.

Since then they've drifted into three cultures and kingdoms; Felonsine (western Luathbas), Methiantese (eastern Luathbas) and Ceodwellian (south-eastern Luathbas), the latter is very strongly mixed with Parsians as those lands were Parsian till conquest by Houlandine Dynasty.

Ceodwellians and Methiantese got many new faiths going with them, while Felonsines mostly stuck to Pantheonism; thus Felonsines could be said be the 'true' Luathbasians.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2018, 02:06:38 pm »

As I'm pretty sure we've conquered most of those three regions does that mean that we've united the three Luathbasians groups under us? Seeing as how we've taken most if not all of the core lands of Luathbas could we reclaim Luathbas as their successors? Also does Pantheonism have more actually real mystical aspects to it compared to other Luathbasian religions? Since we've only really seen Pantheon spirit stuff and not mystical spirit stuff for other religions?

Edit moving this up to a different post: Also our Hurthlings aren't just going to up and disappear someday because of the decline of magic are they? Because I'm kinda afraid they might as a fanciful race. If we somehow manage to some other fanciful races under our rule before they start hiding will they disappear? Is it also possible to get Hurthlings to spread more through out our Kingdom instead of just be isolated to their valley?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 02:19:59 pm by Prophet »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2018, 02:14:17 pm »

No, the future of the world is set on being de-magified as humans become the supreme race on it. I have few ways to take it back to 'magic-filled fantasy world', but that would mean lots of bad things to happen to Methiant in meanwhile. Keep eyes peeled though.

Clearly Haspen is planning on taking Spamkingdom all the way to the near-future setting-wise, then creating a Shadowrun-like scenario.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 02:15:38 pm »

As I'm pretty sure we've conquered most of those three regions does that mean that we've united the three Luathbasians groups under us? Seeing as how we've taken most if not all of the core lands of Luathbas could we reclaim Luathbas as their successors?

Also does Pantheonism have more actually real mystical aspects to it compared to other Luathbasian religions? Since we've only really seens Pantheon spirit stuff and not mystical spirit stuff for other religions?

Technically, yes. Though you would have to switch to Pantheonism first to truly champion Methiant as 'continuators of Luathbas' :P

Pantheonism comes from the worship of Gods that Descended (the day of that event started the AD calendar). While their mythology got wonky, their deities numbers' inflated and their magical powers waned greatly, they still have the most mysticism going around, what with mostly working purifications, rituals and augury.
SigFlags!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 02:16:23 pm »

Purification not seemed to do much for us tbh.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2018, 02:18:18 pm »

Purification not seemed to do much for us tbh.

Can't fight against most powerful magicians of the world ya know ;v
SigFlags!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2018, 02:19:27 pm »

Well I'm definitely going back to supporting converting to Pantheonism then!

Also editted these over to this post: Also our Hurthlings aren't just going to up and disappear someday because of the decline of magic are they? Because I'm kinda afraid they might as a fanciful race. If we somehow manage to some other fanciful races under our rule before all magical stuff starts hiding will they disappear? Is it also possible to get Hurthlings to spread more through out our Kingdom instead of just be isolated to their valley?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 02:21:03 pm »

Also editted these over to this post: Also our Hurthlings aren't just going to up and disappear someday because of the decline of magic are they? Because I'm kinda afraid they might as a fanciful race. If we somehow manage to some other fanciful races under our rule before all magical stuff starts hiding will they disappear? Is it also possible to get Hurthlings to spread more through out our Kingdom instead of just be isolated to their valley?

They're second least magic race of the world. They will slowly spread, and with enough care they will prolly not die off.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35