Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A! (and Hub?)  (Read 50685 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A!
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2018, 02:24:41 pm »

Those Damed shits or anyone else better not look at our precious little Hurthlings wrong or they'll be dealing with some very angry Luathbasians!  >:(

Also yeah. I'm not letting Luathbas go! I refuse to let go of our mythical adventures as the Kings of Luathbas! I have to believe that we can reclaim Luathbas and prepare ourselves for the return of magic once it disappears! Mainly because I like magic so I'm going to be hopeful enough to assume it'll reappear! Luathbasian Pantheonism for the win!  :P

Also did the whole Damed hates non-humans help with the decline of magic since it's a fairly successful human religion? Do human always cause magic to weaken or is it something else about the way humans are now that is causing the decline?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 02:29:35 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2018, 02:59:42 pm »

Also did the whole Damed hates non-humans help with the decline of magic since it's a fairly successful human religion? Do human always cause magic to weaken or is it something else about the way humans are now that is causing the decline?

Nah. It comes from the fact that they were always a bit narcissistic and thought themselves better than other, plus any other races they encountered were either uncivilized native tribes or hermitic villages easy for conquering and enslavement. A bit of mysticism thrown in to daily rituals and heeeeere comes Damed!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:02:06 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2018, 03:03:08 pm »

Does this mean the Orcworld is chock full of magic?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2018, 03:05:40 pm »

Does this mean the Orcworld is chock full of magic?

Maybe, you never know :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2018, 03:06:58 pm »

Ah ok. How about Humans causing the decline of magic? Is it an thing that will always happen when there are to many humans or is it just something about the way they are now that is causing it?

Also will it ever be possible for us to finally achieve the rare and mystical harem? Will the words prophesied by the wise Omada "A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward." ever finally be in our grasp?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:11:04 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2018, 03:12:18 pm »

Ah ok. How about Humans causing the decline of magic? Is it an thing that will always happen when there are to many humans or is it just something about the way they are now that is causing it?

Also will it ever be possible for us to finally achieve the rare and mystical harem? Will the word prophesied by the wise Omada "A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward." ever finally be in our grasp?

Magic is natural, civilization is scientific. The more civilization grows and sciences go ahead, the less nature is magical and becomes devoid of magical beings.

...Neveeeerrrrrrrrrrr!
SigFlags!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2018, 03:18:08 pm »

:'( Don't worry harem I won't give up on the dream! THE DREAM!

Also yeah I can see how that would make humans spreading a problem for magic then... considering that currently the overwhelming majority of humans aren't able to use even the tiniest bit of magic by themselves. So they kinda have to develop along the path of science instead of magic.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2018, 03:35:43 pm »

Where exactly is the blood of the old Houlandins still lurking? Does Parsia still have it through Ceodwell? Have we managed to marry into any already?

Second, does this business about declining magic imply that you also plan to prevent the realisation of my dream of marrying as many elves as possible until we can actually get pointy ears to stick as a phenotype?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2018, 03:40:36 pm »

Where exactly is the blood of the old Houlandins still lurking? Does Parsia still have it through Ceodwell? Have we managed to marry into any already?

Second, does this business about declining magic imply that you also plan to prevent the realisation of my dream of marrying as many elves as possible until we can actually get pointy ears to stick as a phenotype?

Blood of old Houlandins definitely migrated north; after Luathbas was disintegrated, their relatives wandered off to Tven (the Dukes of Tven had Houlandine blood) and to Dahnia, and then mingled with future Cydwyls and Helliste, but this blood relation nowadays is really nominal. The other, stronger branch started with martial but dim-witted Ceodwell (the first of ten or so Ceodwells), who created Kingdom of Ceodwell. It continued till they basically died off due internal squabbles and then you guys rolled over Ceodwell for grabs in early 1100s.

No idea, but elves are even more reclusive than dwarves. Good luck :P
SigFlags!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2018, 03:47:05 pm »

Hi, I'm with fluffer news agency, can you tell me the lore behind how you keep your fur so soft and glorious while still maintaining a forum game sensation beloved by billions of brain cells the world over?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2018, 03:49:56 pm »

Hi, I'm with fluffer news agency, can you tell me the lore behind how you keep your fur so soft and glorious while still maintaining a forum game sensation beloved by billions of brain cells the world over?

Refined tuna oil cosmetic cream.

And I'm still a bit unsure how did something this simple get such attention. It started as half-assed attempt at suggestion game and I was going to discard it in few days and move on to something else.
SigFlags!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2018, 03:51:09 pm »

Hmm. Isn't the Ceodwell Branch of the Houlandin bloodline still technically alive through us via our grandmother and Solus's descendants? Since Solus was paternally descended from Prince Ceodwell?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2018, 03:53:44 pm »

Hmm. Isn't the Ceodwell bloodline still technically alive through us via our grandmother and Solus's descendants? Since Solus was paternally descended from Prince Ceodwell?

Now for ultimate truth:

I actually don't keep real blood relation notes and what little was written down in the 600+ pages of SPAMKINGDOM# is all info we have, and nobody keeps bookmarks I think 'v.

Someone really should make a genealogy book outta this.
SigFlags!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2018, 03:57:15 pm »

Refined tuna oil cosmetic cream.

And I'm still a bit unsure how did something this simple get such attention. It started as half-assed attempt at suggestion game and I was going to discard it in few days and move on to something else.

It's got an immediately understandable premise, a steady cycle that prevents pacing issues (minus sometimes during events) and a system that makes solid sense most of the time. It's simple, but draws from all the right influences to work well enough.

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2018, 03:57:38 pm »

Hum, I have an important question.
How is it that Cyl lived so long?!?
I mean, he basically antagonized everyone around and spent a good amount of his time fighting, but somehow he reached his 70! Is he secretly a dwarf? Surviving out of sheer spite for his ennemies?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35