Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A! (and Hub?)  (Read 50973 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A! (and Hub?)
« Reply #495 on: December 01, 2018, 03:54:56 pm »

So they're much, much better than the real life crusades and have never lost a crusade. Makes sense, considering their power. Have they ever broken up before, and have they had any crusades since the first crack of the most recent break appeared?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 01, 2018, 04:31:49 pm »

Have they ever broken up before, and have they had any crusades since the first crack of the most recent break appeared?

The civil war that broke the old Damdamians into an Empire and Republic was first ever; before that their republican ways prevented rise of superinfluential military leaders. As for crusades, no; since the civil war the religious authorities were neither strong or centralized enough to call up their sheeple for a crusade.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 01, 2018, 04:49:01 pm »

Did they try?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 10, 2018, 01:08:48 am »

What was the direct cause of the Pantheonist Descent?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 10, 2018, 10:32:04 am »

What was the direct cause of the Pantheonist Descent?

Do I look like Methuselah to you '<.?

Did they try?

They were busier with more important things I'm sure.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 19, 2018, 03:36:10 pm »

Haspen, did you use any special software to create your family trees? They look clean af, and I'd love to know what you used for a game I'm running.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 19, 2018, 03:38:41 pm »

MSPaint.
SigFlags!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 19, 2018, 03:39:33 pm »

Lol.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 19, 2018, 03:42:35 pm »

MSPaint.
Damn, that's a shame. Had hoped for a super quick way to make them. Thanks for the response though!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 13, 2019, 11:19:58 pm »

1: How are the Hurthlings doing? We haven't heard much about them in a while so I'm kinda curious what they've been up to. Have we finally seen some progress in getting them to spread around more in the Empire? Please don't tell me our Hurthlings are doing bad.  :'(

2: What have the Parsians been up to while under our rule?

3: How do the Dwarves view our Empire/Emperors currently?

4: What's the Dwarven opinion of those treacherous Damdamians [Including Eldrican]?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 13, 2019, 11:29:09 pm »

1: How are the Hurthlings doing? We haven't heard much about them in a while so I'm kinda curious what they've been up to. Have we finally seen some progress in getting them to spread around more in the Empire? Please don't tell me our Hurthlings are doing bad.  :'(

I recall at some point there was a plauge that killed off the vast majority of them.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 14, 2019, 12:56:58 am »

2: What have the Parsians been up to while under our rule?

3: How do the Dwarves view our Empire/Emperors currently?

4: What's the Dwarven opinion of those treacherous Damdamians [Including Eldrican]?

1. Like Weirdsound said, the plague killed off majority of them, and they're on road to extinction.

2. Plotting your downfall I presume.

3. "Less stubborn than usual." I would think, I'm not sure.

4. This should be two questions really. About Damdamians: They dislike them, but taught them not to mess beards up. About Eldricans: Being non-Damdamians, they're valuable trading partners and amicable neighbours.

But please ask more lore questions instead of question of current geo-political situation, this is not the thread for that ;v
SigFlags!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 14, 2019, 01:17:20 am »

1. Like Weirdsound said, the plague killed off majority of them, and they're on road to extinction.

:'(

How many dynasties have ruled since the start of recorded Luathbasian history?

Which of the ancient Luathbasian dynasties was the last to use magic?

How many gods are in the Pantheon?

How is the Pantheonist leadership structured?

How old is the old capital of Luathbas?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 14, 2019, 10:54:51 am »

How many dynasties have ruled since the start of recorded Luathbasian history?

Which of the ancient Luathbasian dynasties was the last to use magic?

How many gods are in the Pantheon?

How is the Pantheonist leadership structured?

How old is the old capital of Luathbas?

Unfortunately between Tygwand dynasty of the 500-600s, and Houlandines of 800s, there weren't many that could count as dynasties... the usual schematic for succession would be 'hey evil guy, you're evil and thus dethroned' but when the old good guy would finally die, either his kids did a civil war or an usurper would kick the young heir off the throne, sitting on it until someone came up to say 'hey evil guy...'. The history is filled with usurpers (usually evil) and rebels-made-kings (usually good).

Tygwands. Don't ask which one though, I haven't yet decided on details of that particular piece of mythology ;V

At least 112, since inclusion of Leath, son of Cyl the Great, as God of Diplomacy.

Archpriest is elected for life from the council of High Priests (several hundred at this point), who themselves rule over a parish comprising of a city and surrounding villages/towns. Akin to our world's Pope, Archpriest is the authority on doctrine, course and politics of the Pantheonist cult. Priests control individual temples, where Acolytes learn and serve, with hopes of advancing further up the ladder given enough time.

You mean the City of Luathbas? It existed at least since the late 300s, when the Palace of Luathbas King was the size of a mead hall. Considering that both the palace and the surrounding town must've existed few decades at least, it's safe to assume the City of Luathbas was founded no later than around 300 AD.
SigFlags!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 26, 2019, 06:10:17 pm »

Digging this up to ask: what's the deal between Xanes and Peons? From the hyphenated name of their country I thought there would have been some sort of alliance or at least marriage long ago, but both sides seem to think of the Peons as a subjugated people.

Also, is there any great difference between them? Culture, religion, that sort of thing?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 06:12:30 pm by mightymushroom »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35