Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Lost Barbican (6/6 Waitlist Open for Late Additions)  (Read 5542 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lost Barbican (6/6 Waitlist Open for Late Additions)
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2019, 08:54:48 pm »

shortly.
Shortly.

I think we still have 100 iron. If we're focusing on the mystery artifact, then just with home-grown resources, we have 3 turns before we can get that, and there's enough leftover for tools or weapons this turn.
We can get it down to two turns if we trade with the duegar or win a major battle.

I expect them to have enough food that they'd pay poorly for it.
Iron is always needed, if we want to try iron for food.
Steel even moreso, but I don't expect major profit from buying iron and selling it as steel, for meta reasons. Homegrown steel weapons should be great for profit in the long run, if we can manage to remain peaceful. We'll need to learn more about this flavor of duegar to see if that's even possible.

As far as the artifact goes, I'm in favor of it. It should be fun. It's a significant investment for the colony, so it only works if it's fully owned by the council (and not me), and thus fully or almost fully subsidized.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2019, 05:42:54 pm »

I think we still have 100 iron.
We, in fact, have 300 iron. That is king whatshisface has 100, and I have the other 200. But no food, so it's not like [some people think] I'm not going to part with it.

shortly.
Just be honest, you bit off more than you had the volition to chew and this game is dead. No shame in it (ok, a little shame) you'll be able to better estimate your strengths next time.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2019, 06:03:10 pm »

We, in fact, have 300 iron.
I have no idea how I failed to count last turn's 200.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]