Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Failed to load nemesis id crash  (Read 534 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Failed to load nemesis id crash
« on: March 31, 2018, 09:53:32 am »

I've gotten this DF crash twice today, but they didn't appear at the same time in the game. I suspect it might be related to a human baby born in my tavern by a visitor. As far as I can determine, the baby's nemesis id refers to a giant opossum that's not in the active units list. In my current game the baby has recently (within the last 3 days) drowned itself in my well without a crash, but I have a save from just before the bugger is born, and both crashes happened within a month or so of that birth. Any advice on how I can get enough info to provide a useful bug report?
My game is 0.44.05 LNP r03 with various minor world gen adjustments (attack triggers and the like) that are unlikely to be related to the issue. Unfortunately the save has bloated out to over 500 MB when zipped up, so it can't even be loaded up to DFFD.

Edit: I haven't been involved in any raiding at all so far, so that's not a factor here.

Edit2: Nope. The baby wasn't it. Got it again after a month of progress, with the baby "safely" drowned.

Edit3: Whatever it is, it's consistently repeatable even when copied to 0.44.08. Off to the bug tracker... (but the fortress is now dead...). Added the save to #0009985.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 12:06:52 pm by PatrikLundell »