Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 81

Author Topic: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty  (Read 35443 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty
« on: March 31, 2018, 12:41:17 pm »

You are a god, and have just come of age. This scares you;

There are no no positions open in the vast Pantheon of your father and mother, nor do you know of any worthy beings in nearby pantheons looking for a spouse. It seems likely you will be tossed out of the divine dwelling and left to fend for yourself, and when your parents summon you to their throne room, you fear that is what's about to happen.

"Child," your mother speaks, "you are of age now, and should no longer be permitted to live at the divine dwelling of our Pantheon without making a contribution, and sadly, we see no path for you to contribute, nor a suitable spouse for you elsewhere."

"However," your father continues, "you are our beloved, and we will not throw you from our home empty handed. I have constructed a gate of transit to a young world, where you shall found your own pantheon. Your mother and I have already sent ahead an angel to serve as Intermediary with the local mortals, and a host to build you a divine dwelling and fight your cosmic battles for you. As it has already seen some use, the gate is only stable enough for one more passenger, so once you leave, we shall not see each other again until such a time you are mighty and wise enough to build a transit gate of your own."

---

Character/Pantheon Creation:

Name: (And gender if you have one)
Domain: (What are you god of?)

Location of Your New Divine Dwelling:
A: On the clouds surrounding a peak high enough as to be impassable to most mortals!
B: In a dark trench, so deep below the waves that even aquatic mortals dare not visit!
C: In the lava chamber of a mighty active volcano!
D: In the center of a thick and savage woodland, infested by mortal eating beasts!

You would Best Describe Yourself As:
A: Vengeful
B: Merciful
C: Courtly
D: Creative
E: Worldly
F: Lucky

Your starting Pantheon has a Surplus of:
A: Following
B: Orthadoxy
C: Essense
D: Military Host
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 05:33:46 pm by Weirdsound »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMtheon
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 01:01:52 pm »

Name: Ichorplank (Hermaphroditic)
Domain: Knowledge

B: In a dark trench, so deep below the waves that even aquatic mortals dare not visit!

B: Merciful

A: Following

or

Name: Sunpetal (Female)
Domain: Beauty

D: In the center of a thick and savage woodland, infested by mortal eating beasts!

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 01:02:46 pm »

If nobody minds...

Name: Acter (Asexual)
Domain: Improvement

Location of my new divine dwelling: Upon a great mountaintop, hidden by the clouds - but accessible to a mortal determined enough to be worthy of meeting.

I am mostly creative.

My pantheon has a vast following.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 02:59:44 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 01:41:25 pm »

I am mostly creative, with a decent amount of worldliness on the side.

My pantheon has a vast following, and a decent amount of essence; however, we distinctly lack any particular orthodoxy.

Pick one of each, please.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 02:01:41 pm »

Name: Forknor (Male)
Domain: Metals
Described as: Lucky
Surplus of: Essence

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 02:03:20 pm »

Name: Forknor (Male)
Domain: Metals
Described as: Lucky
Surplus of: Essence

You forgot to pick a divine dwelling, silly :)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 02:37:42 pm »

Name: Queen Jen (Female)
Domain: the Underworld
Location of Your New Divine Dwelling: In the lava chamber of a mighty active volcano!
You would Best Describe Yourself As: Courtly
Your starting Pantheon has a Surplus of: Essence

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 03:09:35 pm »

Changes made.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 03:14:24 pm »

Name: Queen Jen (Female)
Domain: the Underworld
Location of Your New Divine Dwelling: In the lava chamber of a mighty active volcano!
You would Best Describe Yourself As: Courtly
Your starting Pantheon has a Surplus of: Essence
+1

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 03:18:40 pm »

+1
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 03:21:30 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 04:22:58 pm »

Kinda want to get this going before I leave for work. Next vote to break the tie between Queen Jen and Sunpetal wins.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 04:23:27 pm »

Then I guess my original entry is a bit late.

My Name is Sommu, and in mortal speech I am gendered masculine without being male;
My Domain is that of Dreams, of prophecies and nightmares alike;
I dwell beneath the mayflies' sight in the sunless Depths of a midnight Sea;
And My nature is Worldly for nightly I glean and refine the vulgar passions of mortals' desire;
Out of such mad syrup I distill for My Pantheon an Ambrosia of Orthodoxy.

-or-

+1 But I was adding this vote anyway.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 04:26:24 pm by mightymushroom »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 05:24:36 pm »

You are Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty. You are Creative, meaning that you are good as using your divine powers to make things and beings!

0.0 CS: (Dawn of the First Decade of the Coming of Sunpetal)

Your entire being shrieks in agony as it passes through the gate, and is briefly shot across the space between worlds. Colors dance before your ears, a bitter taste appears on your eyes, and you smell a rough sandpaper-like sensation. This sensory confusion is the worst thing you can possibly imagine, as the appreciation of beauty requires the functional perception of the beholder.

SPLAT!

You land in a pile of leaves. Before you stands the form of Skoonheid, a former angel of your mother's assigned to serve in your new pantheon as an Intermediary between yourself and the mortals who worship you. His physical form, which you find quite beautiful, features the lower body and legs of a stag with the head, arms, and upper body of a dark skinned humanoid. He bows, and presents you with the scrolls of pantheon status, which the lesser beings of your court will prepare for you at the start of each coming decade.

---

Pantheon Status:

Chief Goddess: Sunpetal of Beauty
Spouse/Consort: Position Open

Underling 1: Skoonheid the Angel Intermediary
Underling 2: Position Open

Following - 2
Orthodoxy - 4
Essence - 5
Host - 4

---

Once you get your bearings, Skoonheid helps you go over the scrolls.

Your Divine Dwelling is a wide, bright, clearing in the center of a deep, dark, woods. In the clearing are several large and beautifully designed cottages in which you and your pantheon will live. Skoonheid explains that right now, there are enough proper quarters to house three divine beings, and himself and you already make two. This means that as things stand, you may only recruit a single new member to your pantheon. Your personal apartments, however, are large enough for you to keep a spouse if you wish to do so. Compared to other Divine Dwellings, yours has significant room to expand, but is also vulnerable to exposure once the mortals of this world develop the technology to master the deepest woods.

Your Following consists of a single race: short, plump, and pale humanoids who live in towns on the edge of the forest. They are known for their pottery and their herbalism. Compared to other mortal races they are wise and stubborn, but also exceptionally ugly; Perhaps they have turned to your worship in hopes of improving their appearance. Other mortals call your followers the Chestnut Dwarves, and your religion rules two of their many towns.

Their are currently factors both benefiting and harming the Orthodoxy, or stability, of your follower's faith. On the one hand, dwarves are loyal, stuborn, and suckers for routine - all of which aid in the successful establishment of a religion. On the other hand, there are other towns of Chestnut Dwarves near those of your followers which worship a Greater Dwarvish Pantheon and pressure their neighbors to convert back to 'the faith of their people'.

You come to this world with a fairly impressive pool of Essence, which is both a measure of your vitality, and a pool of energy you can tap to preform great works. As a god, you slowly draw essence from the worship of your followers; Skoonheid suggests that with your current following you will draw a bit more than a unit and a half of essence per decade. Additional essence can be gained by slaying and consuming divine beings.

The pantheon of your parents has granted you a modest Host of lesser divine beings to lead into battle. Your host can be used to attack or defend sacred places, battle or hunt monster and daemons, or interfere in mortal affairs. Skoonheid warns that sending your host to mess with mortals who are not your own followers is a great way to make enemies out of other gods.

---

The lesser beings of your host and court suggest that you do something special to celebrate your arrival in this new world! You ponder this request for a moment, and issue the following decree:

A: ...Gather my host! We shall hunt the woods and prove my might by slaying a monster or daemon!
B: ...Gather my essence, and invite the gods of nearby pantheons! I must throw a great feast and get to know my divine neighbors!
C: ...Prepare my chariot! I must visit the ugly wretches who worship me, and prove to them that their goddess is real!
D: ...Nah, Prepare my throne! I must settle into the the normal routine of running this pantheon!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 05:28:43 pm »

C

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio