Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 81

Author Topic: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty  (Read 35417 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2018, 05:38:48 pm »

C

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2018, 05:50:30 pm »

C. Let's meet our worshippers

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2018, 06:05:58 pm »

You decide to visit the Chestnut Dwarves!

The priests and nobles of your people give you a polite reception, and your divine beauty clearly turns a few heads here and there, but your appearance doesn't have nearly the profound effect you thought it would. Perhaps divine beings are still so common in this world that an appearance by one's own goddess is not as big of a deal as it would be to your father's people back home. Or perhaps these Chestnut Dwarves are too stoic and reserved to outwardly make a big deal over you.

Regardless, what strikes you about these people is their terrifying ugliness! Many of them have long folded slinky noses, almost like the trunk of an elephant, and unsymmetrical faces are not an uncommon sight either. It takes much of your willpower not to gag in front of your own followers. Something must be done about this!

A: I shall establish a strict caste system for my people based on physical appearance! Next time I visit, the most ugly will be an undercaste that can be kept out of my sight!
B: I shall bless the priests and leaders of the town with some of my essence, to aid in the beautification of them and their descendants!
C: I shall construct a statue of myself in town, so that my people may have an example of beauty to hold as a standard!
D: I will take the wisest mortals in town back to my divine dwelling, where they may learn of clothesmaking and cosmetics from me and my court!
E: Uggg... I suppose I shall just have to hold my nose and tolerate followers who are totes uggo.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2018, 06:06:42 pm »

C!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2018, 06:09:38 pm »

Hahaha, A would be hilarious, but B seems most useful in the long term. I mean, creating beauty is what gods of beauty do.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2018, 07:04:38 pm »

D
Awesome With Autism

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2018, 07:48:14 pm »

B, most of the rest are merely temporary solutions, but this one starts working on a cure!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2018, 07:50:33 pm »

Hahaha, A would be hilarious

Yeah now I almost want us to be a shallow, spoiled brat of a goddess.

D: I will take the wisest mortals in town back to my divine dwelling, where they may learn of clothesmaking and cosmetics from me and my court!

We don't have a whole lot of divinities in our court at the moment, I'm imagining a stereotypical "Host" of eagle-winged humanoids who are ordered to holster their flaming broadswords and pull out little flaming embroidery needles. Meanwhile Skoonheid the Satyr is running a beauty counter, "Oh, madam, these earth tones are going to be all the rage as soon as we establish seasons."  :P

I'm giggling so hard I almost can't type B.
This is a young world, the sooner we make our mark on it the better it will spread.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2018, 09:53:53 pm »

B
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2018, 10:28:57 pm »

where they may learn of clothesmaking and cosmetics from me

Hmm, I interpreted Sunpetal as more about natural beauty, and well, nature.
Awesome With Autism

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2018, 07:18:35 am »

Hmm, I interpreted Sunpetal as more about natural beauty, and well, nature.

Listen, with certain kinds of genetics you just gotta know when to fold 'em.

D! Gather round for your Sanctified Head-Bags With Faces Drawn On Them!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 07:20:54 am by Harry Baldman »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2018, 10:37:09 am »

You conjure up a bit of your divine essence to start handing out blessings of divine grace and beauty to the leadership of the town!

7*

Not only does this cure their terrible case of the uggos, but it also makes the Chestnut Dwarves of this place beautiful on the inside! You can feel them becoming more kind! To commemorate your blessing and appearance, they rename the town "Charity!"

After no small amount of celebration and revelry, you return to your divine dwelling to begin running your Pantheon in earnest.

0.1 CS:

You receive interesting news from the settlements of your Chestnut Dwarf worshipers! A small band of mountain dwarves has arrived in the region, to conscript able bodied fighters to fight some sort of terrible beast that has arisen to the north that they claim is a threat to all dwarfkind. At first they attempt to convert all Sunpetal worshipers they take back to Traditionalism, the worship of the Dwarven pantheon, but this actually backfires when some of the foreign officers see the defiance of your followers and begin to question their own faith!

Your court believes that this is the perfect opportunity to expand your following. You decide to...

A: Do nothing. I don't wish to offend the Traditionalist pantheon by personally involving myself in the theft of their following.
B: Send your intermediary to the officers questioning their faith, in hopes of converting them to your cause!
C: Spend some essence to preform a miracle of beauty for those considering turning their worship to you!
D: Send a messenger to the Dwarven pantheon, offering my aid with the monster that threatens "all dwarfkind."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2018, 10:40:09 am »

D

Maybe we can get a lovely dwarven spouse from rubbing elbows with the Traditionalists!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2018, 11:15:55 am »

D Time to stroll around the cul-de-sac and meet our new neighbors.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2018, 11:22:27 am »

D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 81