Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 81

Author Topic: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty  (Read 34546 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2018, 01:54:16 pm »

You dispatch a messenger to the Dwarven pantheon.

Some time later you receive a politely worded reply, informing you that your assistance is not required at this time.

0.4 CS:

The Intermediary Skoonheid appears before you with a mortal prayer he deems worthy of your personal attention.

"My queen, one of your faithful, a merchant by the name of Dumpling, has recently come into a good deal of wealth. He wishes to spend a good portion of it honoring his goddess, and is asking for advice on how he might do so. What should I tell him?"

A: "He should erect a monument to my beauty!"
B: "He should donate money to my clergy!"
C: "He should use his great wealth to attract a beautiful and exotic trophy wife!"
D: "He should purchase supplies and companions, and travel to the wilderness in search of natural beauty!"
E: "Remind him that mortals have free will! HE should choose how he will honor me."

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2018, 04:13:45 pm »

C
We made beautiful people. Now we want some beautiful children.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 05:19:30 pm by mightymushroom »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2018, 04:20:23 pm »

D! Maybe he can find some magical beasts to convert or, failing that, a nice place for people to go and reach enlightenment. Adding itinerant elements to our cult can only help in the long run.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2018, 04:28:12 pm »

A

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2018, 04:48:14 pm »

C

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2018, 05:19:07 pm »

C

+1

Thanks for the support but I think I like Harry's reasoning even better. After all, one observes that mortals tend to have too many of the puling, puking little nuisances without much encouragement at all.

Switch to D. Find a good enough spot and he may found our first temple, a center of our worship for centuries to come.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2018, 05:37:04 pm »

"Tell the merchant to go on a quest, and seek out natural beauty!"

"As you command, so it shall be."

---

A few weeks later, Skoonheid informs you that Dumpling has left town with several dozen followers and a few wagons full of supplies. You instruct your court to inform you when and if he returns.

0.6 CS:

Skoonheid approaches your throne yet again with another interesting prayer.

"My queen, a common thief named Tuft has prayed to you with an interesting delema. She was robbing the house of an important noble who claims to be a member of your cult, only to find that her mark keeps an entire room devoted to Lace, the Dwarven Goddess of artifice. Tuft, who is devote in her worship of you, finds the hypocrisy of the noble disgusting, but cannot expose it without exposing her own crimes! What shall I have her do, my queen?"

You ponder the situation, and ultimately decide to...

A: Instruct the court to exact divine punishment upon Tuft! I will not tollerate theives!
B: Instruct the court to exact divine punishment upon the noble hypocrite! I will not have my people ruled by the faithless!
C: Instruct the court to exact divine punishment upon both parties!
D: Order Tuft to come forward and make the truth public!
E: Offer Tuft your protection if she wishes to come forward with the truth.
F: I'm gonna ignore this one. Petty thieves are beneath me, and I don't care less about the noble so long as he doesn't push his outside religion in public.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 05:59:13 pm by Weirdsound »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2018, 05:55:06 pm »

No option to let both of them be?

E
Maybe we can find uses for a reformed totally trustworthy well-she-won't-live-too-long-anyway thief.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2018, 05:57:36 pm »

No option to let both of them be?

Added.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2018, 06:06:04 pm »

F
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2018, 06:08:16 pm »

E,we are a fair goddess.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2018, 06:12:18 pm »

B

We are divine, we don't need thieves to seek out and punish the faithless (at least not openly!)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2018, 06:15:52 pm »

E
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2018, 07:07:26 pm »

You decide of offer Tuft protection if she wishes to come forward with her story.

---

A few weeks later, The story of Tuft's actions reaches your throne.

The thief came clean in public, accusing the powerful noble of faithlessness and hypocrisy. The town listened, invaded the accused noble's house, and finding Tuft's claims true killed the old dwarf and his family before distributing their wealth around the community. Your people are happy with the sudden windfall, and truly the noble's grim fate will stand as a dark example to others who may consider walking his path!

Sadly, it seems that dwarves don't take too well to thieves. After dealing with the noble, they turned their attention to his accuser; Tuft was tried and executed so quickly, that word of her prayers for mercy and protection did not reach your throne until it was too late!

A: So be it. Nobody knew I promised Tuft protection, so I lose nothing in her death.
B: Perhaps I should send a small portion of my host to track her soul to the local afterlife, and attempt to mount a rescue.
C: I must keep my word! Prepare my host to launch a full assault against the local afterlife, consequences be damned!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2018, 07:10:04 pm »

C fuck it, no man left behind.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 81