Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 81

Author Topic: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty  (Read 35572 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMtheon: Sunpetal, Goddess of Beauty
« Reply #825 on: April 25, 2018, 04:28:48 pm »

A
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 25, 2018, 06:16:23 pm »

F

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 26, 2018, 12:48:46 am »

D We can take the mortal worship of the sea dwarves who do not want to fight the Kappa.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 26, 2018, 03:00:39 am »

After some deliberation, you send the missionaries to convert their fellow Chestnut Dwarves.

6.5 CS:

News reaches you from The Empire! General Thrane has managed to turn his fellow influential mountain dwarves against the Traditionalist worship of the Dwarven Pantheon. Should hostilities break you, the Empire has little to fear from dissension in the ranks!

6.6 CS:

You spy master Lahara appears before your throne with two matters she wishes to discuss. The first matter relates to a dream that she had, that the sages of your court are certain is prophetic. The second matter relates to your grown daughter Nishi, whom Lahara thinks is up to something suspicious.

A: Tell me about my daughter first!
B: Tell me about your dream first!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 26, 2018, 03:03:55 am »

If one was even remotely related to the other she would tell us, so lets go with daughter first.

A

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 26, 2018, 04:36:56 am »

A
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 26, 2018, 06:05:58 am »

A

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 26, 2018, 08:53:40 am »

B prophecy first, then we will know how to deal with everything
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Hotfire90

« Reply #833 on: April 26, 2018, 09:46:14 am »

B

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 26, 2018, 10:29:59 am »

B

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 26, 2018, 12:50:38 pm »

You decide to ask about the dream first.

Lahara takes a deep breath, and tells you what she saw.

I dreamed I was in my chambers, when a great alarm rose in the divine dwelling. You, my queen, had gone missing. Everybody scattered to find you, but it was I who tracked you down first. You were sleepwalking through the forest, traveling toward Imperial Lands.

Why I chose not to rouse you eludes me, but I followed you instead. In your sleep, you wandered to the ruined town of Mighty Oaks, where you came to a stop and reached into your robes with your right hand. With that right hand, you produced a dagger, and before I could stop you, you slit your own throat and fell to the ground.

Terrified, I ran to the Town of the Tome to inform Sun-nut, only to find him outside the walls of the Imperial Capital, fight a pitched battle. The enemy force consisted of Mountian Dwarves, and they bore banners depicting a great fish. As I watched the battle, it became apparent Sun-nut's forces were loosing; The enemy advanced, slowly destroying the Imperial Legion. Just before they could reach Sun-nut, and strike your son down, a great tidal wave rose from nowhere, swept across the battlefield, and struck me, at which point a awoke shivering in my bed.

Lahara allows you a second to process her vision, before moving on to the explanation that your sages gave her. That you harmed yourself with your right hand implies that somebody close to you has done something or will do something that will bring you harm. That you were asleep when you harmed yourself means that you are unaware of the wrong done to you, and that perhaps the perpetrator is as well. That the incident occoured in the ruined town of Mighty Oaks leads the sages to believe that the incident relates to the theft of the Staff of Creed from the Tomb of Tul-Urist, which is located there.

The sages also conclude that Sun-nut's defeat at the hands of the dwarves should be interpreted literally. Unless the foreseen harm to you is addressed before then, the dwarves will likely attack in the year 7.2 CS, which is the year of the shark on their calendar. This support's the sages' theory that the harm to you forseen is actually the theft of the Staff of Creed, as Tul-Urist was a hero to the mountain dwarves, and the desecration of his tomb would legitimately anger them.

The sages are split on interpreting the end of the dream. Many agree that the tidal wave represents Lahara herself, as she is the goddess of disasters at sea. Some believe that the dream tells her that she is the only one who can successfully solve the mystery of the missing Staff of Creed and prevent the dwarf attack. Others suggest that the dream is telling Lahara that only her heroics can defeat the dwarves in battle to save the empire. Some sages still, however, believe that the tidal wave represents The Kappa, a people of the sea, and that The Empire may overcome the troubles foreseen only with their aid.

You take a moment, and decide how to respond to this influx of information.
A: I'll ignore it. I don't put much stock in dream prophecy.
B: If Lahara is the one fated to solve the mystery of the missing staff, she should replace my daughter Azuma in leading the investigation.
C: If Lahara is fated to save The Empire from The Dwarves in battle, she should step aside from her duties as spy-master and begin to train for battle.
D: Clearly the Kappa are the answer. We should relay the dream to them, and try to arrange for their aid in the war likely to come.
E: We will preempt this prophecy! Send word to Sun-nut that The Empire should be ready to attack the Mountian Homes before 7.2 CS.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 26, 2018, 12:53:09 pm »

B

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 26, 2018, 12:53:20 pm »

B

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 26, 2018, 01:11:06 pm »

B, but Azuma can stay on as well.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 81