Dwarf Fortress > DF Announcements

Dwarf Fortress 0.44.09 Released

(1/11) > >>

Toady One:
Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

And the linux freeze fix process broke projectiles.  So that's hopefully all working all around now.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Made projectiles and weapon traps work again

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Changed w.g. population calculation for conflicts

Shonai_Dweller:
So I seem to have a repeatable worldgen crash. Similar to ones others have reported on the tracker, large region, gets to around 400 years before crashing.

The only issue is that this is in my modded world. There's a lot of raw changes with new races and such. While I'm pretty sure the modding itself isn't to blame (it works almost all of the time and this seems similar to reports on the tracker), would it be a waste of time posting the seed, settings and my raws?  Can anything useful be deduced from them?

Toady One:
Probably?  If it doesn't reproduce, it won't take too long, especially if I set it running when I'm doing other things, and if it does reproduce a crash (modding or not), then that'll be very useful.

edit: the "probably" meant something useful could be deduced, not that it would probably be a waste of time

GM-X:

--- Quote from: Toady One on April 01, 2018, 04:27:40 am ---Probably?  If it doesn't reproduce, it won't take too long, especially if I set it running when I'm doing other things, and if it does reproduce a crash (modding or not), then that'll be very useful.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Shonai_Dweller on April 01, 2018, 03:28:28 am ---So I seem to have a repeatable worldgen crash. Similar to ones others have reported on the tracker, large region, gets to around 400 years before crashing.
The only issue is that this is in my modded world. There's a lot of raw changes with new races and such. While I'm pretty sure the modding itself isn't to blame (it works almost all of the time and this seems similar to reports on the tracker), would it be a waste of time posting the seed, settings and my raws?  Can anything useful be deduced from them?

--- End quote ---

I've found that medium and large Dark Ages worlds often crash well before the year 1000 with no error messages. Either that, or come to a crawl during world generation around year 300. Pocket worlds on the other hand virtually never crash if they survive past 100-years or so. DA worlds never leave the Age of Myth, so I've assumed that (megabeast percentage) and or hyper active civs had something to do with it.

Shonai_Dweller:
OK, here's my worldgen crash. It's my whole DF folder (some raw modding, new races and stuff, tileset, one extra speech file - think that's all)
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13640

Advanced Worldgen > "Beastly Region - Crash Test"

Tested 4 times, 4 crashes at around 170 or so years in. Playing in Windows 10 64 bit.
It runs through 243 rejections before starting and actual worldgen is kind of slow because I just love my hist-fig filled worlds. Sorry about that. :)

Can usually run worlds up to 450 years with the same settings. Get a crash once every 10-20 generations I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version