Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.09 Released  (Read 76405 times)

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.09 Released
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2018, 10:51:42 am »

I have been searching for good names to label the score...
WAY. (To enlightenment, insanity, and all those tragedies and joyous interludes in between that a dorf must pass through in their brief mortal lives).
Thanks for that, im thinking of picking in a similar vein... Saga
Klok the Kloker !

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2018, 03:46:23 pm »

Regarding the new memory system, as the devlog says, this is going to require player testing in "long" forts that Toady doesn't have the time to do.

I am expecting that 10-20 year old forts will end up having either too many negative memories or too many positive memories, causing either unavoidable tantrum spirals overtime, or the situation we already have now (nobody ends up sad). Getting the balance right in this is going to be really hard because of how long it will take to test (my record fort is 15 years old and that's weeks of intermittent play for me), and how different every fort is and how many combinations there can be for memories to form.

It's time for Science!
Luckily with faster dfhack updates it could be done via a script like my updatefinish to let it advance forward through a year and check long vs short term effects!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2018, 08:22:26 am »

Submitting kind of a strange bug - I was assigned to kill a warlord who was staying in a village. I went up to her, told her that she was a "force of evil" who arose in the world, and she told me to identify myself. I refused, and all hell broke loose - both of my companions turned hostile (they started attacking each other as well), and now the entire village is hostile to me on sight.

They are still hostile even after coming back. I don't know if there's a bug report for it, but it seems to be related to a weird bug that I've seen since early 44, where you have warlords, bosses and other criminal leaders just hanging around in taverns in towns or random homes in villages.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2018, 09:10:19 am »

It seems to be related to a weird bug that I've seen since early 44, where you have warlords, bosses and other criminal leaders just hanging around in taverns in towns or random homes in villages.
Criminals hanging out in towns (rather than under them in the sewers) is a feature. Toady mentioned it during development.

5th December 2016:
  Working a bit on the criminals in town in preparation for the even more ill-natured agents to come and associate with them. Pulling many criminals out of the sewers and catacombs and into some of the taverns and out on the streets and so on, provided they vaguely fit in to the larger community.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:15:30 am by Shonai_Dweller »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2018, 10:00:28 am »

Oh, I forgot about that. Regardless, the other part of the report still holds up.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2018, 12:16:26 pm »

I am expecting that 10-20 year old forts will end up having either too many negative memories or too many positive memories,
 causing either unavoidable tantrum spirals overtime, or the situation we already have now (nobody ends up sad).

One could always put the 90k to 260k stress dwarves in a Special Squad who goes hunting for the most dangerous targets.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]