Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 177

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 213327 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #1245 on: November 19, 2020, 05:30:13 pm »

Don’t overcount your lilacs
Don’t overwater_ _ _ your limes
O=3 more letters, the w needs to be a different consonant, the three missing letters appear in the word here, the letter w needs to be is in the answer on another section
L=one more letter, another plant in the Citrus genus

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 19, 2020, 06:01:23 pm »

Do you actually need to crank out faster brain performance for anything or are you just annoyed to waste thought on something you don't identify with?

To be fair, I don't particularly care about my gender. It's mostly an extraneous thing to me, and it takes around 10 years in brain-time to fetch it because it's fallen so low in the memory hierarchy. I'd be happy to eliminate it altogether. In some ways, it is because I don't wish to identify with it, but I also realized the potential in it as a way to optimize my brain even further. I'm conflicted.

Brainspeed is just as important to me as removing extraneous things from my self-identity, and usually, those two goals are aligned. But now I'm in a situation where I'm picking between self-identity and brainspeed. I don't even really know why I'm trying to achieve higher and higher brainspeeds through optimizing the hell out of myself anymore. It was there to crank out performance when I need to (partially) emulate a normal person. I still need it. When my medication drunkens me, the emulation accuracy starts dropping and it becomes harder and harder to push out coherent responses to things people say.

I need the power, but do I really need that much power? But what will I do if I'm not doing that? I think I need a better hobby than trying to overclock my brain all the time. It would be healthier.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 19, 2020, 06:02:15 pm »

Don't overlaterate your lemons.

Keep 'em nice and vertical.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 19, 2020, 06:36:48 pm »

Don't overlaterate your lemons.

Keep 'em nice and vertical.
Only the L in overlaterate needs to be changed. You are verrry close

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 19, 2020, 06:49:38 pm »

Don’t oversaturate your lemons?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 19, 2020, 07:03:35 pm »

Don’t oversaturate your lemons?
Ding ding ding
Winner!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 19, 2020, 07:04:56 pm »

I thought that, but "oversaturate" has a 'u'!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 19, 2020, 07:08:40 pm »

Do you actually need to crank out faster brain performance for anything or are you just annoyed to waste thought on something you don't identify with?

To be fair, I don't particularly care about my gender. It's mostly an extraneous thing to me, and it takes around 10 years in brain-time to fetch it because it's fallen so low in the memory hierarchy. I'd be happy to eliminate it altogether. In some ways, it is because I don't wish to identify with it, but I also realized the potential in it as a way to optimize my brain even further. I'm conflicted.

Brainspeed is just as important to me as removing extraneous things from my self-identity, and usually, those two goals are aligned. But now I'm in a situation where I'm picking between self-identity and brainspeed. I don't even really know why I'm trying to achieve higher and higher brainspeeds through optimizing the hell out of myself anymore. It was there to crank out performance when I need to (partially) emulate a normal person. I still need it. When my medication drunkens me, the emulation accuracy starts dropping and it becomes harder and harder to push out coherent responses to things people say.

I need the power, but do I really need that much power? But what will I do if I'm not doing that? I think I need a better hobby than trying to overclock my brain all the time. It would be healthier.
The important thing is that we're free to to both acknoledge what we are, and also
1 finger death punch
Everything that life throws at us.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 07:10:23 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 19, 2020, 07:26:47 pm »

I thought that, but "oversaturate" has a 'u'!
whoops, sorry

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 22, 2020, 04:33:48 am »

C:DDA is legit harder to learn than DF. I'm trying.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 22, 2020, 04:40:30 am »

I had the opposite experience because I tried fortress mode several times and every time I end up giving up after a bit because I can't figure stuff out, but I found C:DDA easy to play. I can't speak about the newer versions where they added a bunch of shit that makes the game slower and less fun as I only play an old version.

Which parts of the game are you having trouble with?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 22, 2020, 04:46:16 am »

Well I mostly played adventure mode in DF and found it easy enough.

I'm finding just... Surviving hard. Hard to explain. I'll read up on more guides I guess.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 22, 2020, 04:58:18 am »

If a thing that can produce video output (computers, oscilloscopes, Task Manager...) exists, it will have a version of Bad Apple made for it.

If you go down the rabbithole of the demoscene, you will eventually hit a version of Bad Apple.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 22, 2020, 05:04:33 am »

I actually prefer the newer versions.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 22, 2020, 05:15:13 am »

Well I mostly played adventure mode in DF and found it easy enough.

I'm finding just... Surviving hard. Hard to explain. I'll read up on more guides I guess.
Adventure mode is what I play as well.

Also if you have trouble surviving have you tried picking a start that has you away from town at the start to give you some time to find or craft better weapons and armour without having to worry about zombies showing up.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 177