Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 177

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 212345 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #735 on: March 31, 2020, 06:42:08 am »

...Does the White House not have indoor plumbing? ???   

Ctrl +f and search for something that would only be listed in the actual recipe ie "tsp". Hope it helps in the future.
Good point! Although, one would still have to open and load the webpage in question, along with any ads their adblocker fails to deal with.   
Still a nifty suggestion, though.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 31, 2020, 07:10:45 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:24:53 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 01, 2020, 03:31:40 pm »

30-40 pound dogs are perfect. Big enough to play with, but no so big that they can pull you around or make your legs go numb laying on you.

Doesn't hurt that mine is a border collie who learned from a labrador. She's smart, and loves everyone.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 02, 2020, 07:56:39 am »

The most vocal Linux users who are the most passionate about evangelizing are exactly the kind of people that make me not want to use any Linux distro ever again.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 04, 2020, 04:17:34 am »

After being around computers for a decent portion of my life, I can now conclude that blue is my most hated color, especially at night. It's the color of eyestrain and poor sleep. I think red is the best color because it's about as far away as any color could be from blue while still being on the visible spectrum.

Seriously, though, who decided that blue was a good color on LED indicators on computers? Blue doesn't even mean anything. Why not just take a page from traffic lights and just use green, yellow, and red? We know what they mean, so why not leverage what we do know? The hell does blue mean? Sad? Is my PC sad because it's turned on?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 04, 2020, 05:31:21 am »

It means the future is here
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 04, 2020, 07:04:12 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:24:57 pm by dragdeler »
let

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 04, 2020, 08:48:15 am »

My Linux problem is that, shortly after installing any new distro, I couldn't use my netbook's built-in wifi. I installed all sorts of packages and drivers and spent hours scouring forums and the Internet for any combination of commands that would make it work, but nope, it would randomly just come on and stop working when it felt like it. There's also the part where it broke the screen brightness control, so I had to have a terminal open at all times to brighten or darken the screen.

All of this is in the context of the fact that what little Linux software existed was almost all terrible. Nothing had any documentation, packages from apt or the software center would come with broken installs, basic promised features wouldn't work as advertised... That is, if I could get it to open at all.

But FOSS is great! In fact it's so great that when searching for Linux applications, I often get a recommendation to just use WINE. That's a hell of a selling point: the software sucks, so they made it possible for you to do extra work to get back the features you already had under other operating systems.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 04, 2020, 09:50:42 am »

The most vocal Linux users who are the most passionate about evangelizing are exactly the kind of people that make me not want to use any Linux distro ever again.

Man I can't even install a fucking 3g dongle no matter how many badly documented related cases I google. Even half the programs suggested to me in the software center (appstore) have issues installing. From all the distros I tried there was ONE that didn't have some serious issue like inability to dpkg reconfigure tzdata, keyboard layout handler unfindable, or the software center having a broken PW prompt. Linux is reeeeeaaaaally underwhelming.

And people refuse to help. Solutions are either to reformat and use a different distro that won't work with a different part of your computer, or to teach yourself how to program and create your own drivers.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 04, 2020, 09:57:53 am »

I wonder if I should make a "things that made you bored today" thread...
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 04, 2020, 10:47:58 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:25:01 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 04, 2020, 12:07:03 pm »

If there was ever a time. Though isn't the lack of things what is generally boring?

Fair.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 05, 2020, 04:32:12 pm »

Didn't we have a bored thread at some point? I know we had the "didn't feel anything" thread for a while

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 05, 2020, 05:37:37 pm »

Didn't we have a bored thread at some point? I know we had the "didn't feel anything" thread for a while

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 10, 2020, 06:06:25 am »

I've half my mind made up to start trolling parents with a line of physics toys. The first (and so far only) one would be a DIY electric train (batteries not included). It would come in a large and fancy box. The box would contain a couple nickel-coated cylindrical magnets and some copper wire. The instruction booklet would have one page, depicting the right-hand rule with no annotations.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 177