Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 177

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 205582 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #2235 on: February 02, 2023, 02:57:54 am »

Worry not Superdorf we shall lead you down the pathway to GLORY!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: February 02, 2023, 03:13:07 am »

Yellow.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: February 03, 2023, 10:00:06 pm »

I have to admit, I'm sort of hoping the recent AI revolution goes horribly wrong and the technology is used for something constructive at some point.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: February 04, 2023, 02:43:29 am »

We've had an AI revolution, when did that happen?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: February 05, 2023, 08:28:47 am »

It's just an idle thought, but... like, the original Your Mother's Son in Law was a fairly subversive song for the time -- you had this young lady basically saying, "Look, you don't have to be some kind of impressive guy, just marry me", which was not exactly a culturally normative statement at the time for a number of reasons. "My mother's Son-in-Law" -- young woman lead, somewhat abnormal  There was an arrangement not long after with a male singer that swapped up the lyrics a bit and made it significantly less subversive by dint of it suddenly being an older dude saying more or less that they didn't have to be that impressive, just marry them anyway (on top of some other things, it was a much more standard sort of message for the time). "Your mother's Son-in-Law" -- male lead, bog standard heteronormative message.

... the thought, though, was that if there'd been a hypothetical version -- if it was done, it wasn't popularized in any sense -- that just, just genderflipped the singer, well. That would have been a song that might have gotten the singer killed in the 1930s, because suddenly you have a guy saying they want someone to be their mother's son in law. I.e. that's all that it takes to make the song gay as hell.

Anyway, the random thought was just ranking the songs in terms of subversion for time of publication, which was Six Swingers <<< Holiday < Hypothetical Literally Gay Version.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: February 10, 2023, 09:10:32 am »

Okay I need a legally blind person that lives near a touristable deadly cliff.

I will funnel you all the people that are unable to process instructions when you didn't look them in the eyes 20 seconds because they are too distracted working through their sense of needy entitlement to process like two sentences. And no they're not hard of hearing, just lethally normal.

What's in it for you? I'm paying for the duration of the full tour, but you will be able to go home after half a day, everdyday... Also the shit they left in their hotel.
let

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: February 11, 2023, 06:16:04 pm »

Just made a magic trick and realized that its a nice way of exploring how one ascertain truth

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: February 17, 2023, 05:13:48 pm »

New Freddy vs Jason movie but it's until halfway through the movie that you realize by Freddy they really meant Freddy Fazbear.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: February 18, 2023, 04:42:06 am »

But just think of peoples faces when they realize Freddy Kruger was actually a robotic bear the entire time and they didn't realize it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: February 21, 2023, 09:58:28 am »

So we've been spotting kittens since december, one was abducted into a loving household, one wasn't spotted since we had <10C°, I found a dead adult cat nearby too...

But the last one is an absolute champ, it's megashy as it ought to be, I throw some treat it will be so goddamn cautious it take several minutes to grab the treat, stay cautious my majestic little survivor, never get run over. Maybe one day we will be able to sit back to back and affectively ignore eachother...

It's got white paws but long tabby fur.
let

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: March 11, 2023, 06:55:24 pm »

pineapple tastes like how being kicked in the balls feels, except good. and in your mouth.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: March 12, 2023, 03:22:11 am »

What kind of pineapples have you been eating, because the last one I ate didn't taste anything like that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 12, 2023, 03:33:52 am »

Or, alternatively, who's been kicking you in the balls? And can I have their phone number?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 12, 2023, 04:02:18 am »

Statements not guaranteed for accuracy.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: March 13, 2023, 06:11:34 am »

Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Pineapple"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 177